Wrist pain while gripping.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Style Nanny

Mrs. Doubtfire ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A patient got wrist pain after a workout session (with weights, including bench press). Pain is localized to the ulnar part and is reproducible with gripping a rod hard (? forearm tendonitis).

Pain is usually sharp on gripping but is a vague aching sensation when I try to elicit tenderness by pressing the same region.

How would you approach this case? Does he need orthopedic referral? I have advised resting the wrist for 2 weeks, keeping ice packs p.r.n., and a mild analgesic.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
A patient got wrist pain after a workout session (with weights, including bench press). Pain is localized to the ulnar part and is reproducible with gripping a rod hard (? forearm tendonitis).

Pain is usually sharp on gripping but is a vague aching sensation when I try to elicit tenderness by pressing the same region.

How would you approach this case? Does he need orthopedic referral? I have advised resting the wrist for 2 weeks, keeping ice packs p.r.n., and a mild analgesic.

Amazing. Posted just after the previous two threads were shut down for soliciting medical advice.

Oh are medical discussions not allowed at this board? I did not know. Moderator, please feel free to delete the thread.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.