Writing about new research position on med school app

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

wannabedoc2000

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just got a research position, and I want to include it in my application for this cycle. But I am curious as to how I should write about it? I have no previous research experience and I am going to be doing this for a while so it will give me plenty of hours. But I will only have about 60 by the time I click submit. Should I enter the amount of hours I will have through next year? or Just enter 60?
 
You enter the hours you expect to have by matriculation (e.g. ~2000 if you work full-time for the next year).

I suggest writing about the upcoming duties you expect to perform at the research position -- paraphrasing the job description will do nicely.
 
So I just got a research position, and I want to include it in my application for this cycle. But I am curious as to how I should write about it? I have no previous research experience and I am going to be doing this for a while so it will give me plenty of hours. But I will only have about 60 by the time I click submit. Should I enter the amount of hours I will have through next year? or Just enter 60?
Consider entering the completed 60 hours in the header, then in the narrative state that you'll continue the activity for, say 30-40 hours/week over the summer and x-yy hours/ week in the academic year (if you'll be a student), or whatever. You don't want to claim 2000 hours in the next year before completing your probationary period.

Then in Secondaries and update letters you can discuss how much you're involved and what you're doing.