Writing Sample for $$$

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bella_dottoressa

make it happen
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I got an email today from the pre-med advisor at my school about how the AAMC is doing some new research on the writing sample. You can go to a website and sign up for a Saturday administration of the writing sample portion of the test and they send you $50. Has anyone ever done anything like this before? I was thinking this might be worth a shot, since I could really use $50 and this would probably be the only WS prep I'd do. :)

Members don't see this ad.

hey I did that before and it seemed that if you got more than a certain score. they give you more money.

Last time I took it, they gave me USD 100. BEing a participant, they 'll give USD 50!...
not bad .

Intriguing. Yeah, I figure I might as well. $50 sounds nice, even if I get it several months down the road. :) I wasn't planning on doing a whole heck of a lot of writing prep anyhow ;) so this might be a good idea. They didn't say anywhere on it that you'd even receive a score back so I'm not sure if you do or don't...but oh well. You're in the cbus area, right? It's over at Capital Univ. on Nov. 22nd at 10 am.

crystal where on aamc can you sign up....i cant seem to find it?....what an easy way for 50$!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah... so I'm gonna get 50 bucks for this.

Only drawback is that I have to wake up at 9am on a Saturday morning if I'm gonna get to the test center on time.

:laugh:

Hmm, I think maybe the link just doesn't work anymore since the thing is on Saturday so registration is probably over...I'm pretty sure it was good when I originally posted it. :)

Anyhow, waking up at 9 am on a Saturday does sure suck but $50 for an hour of my time ain't bad. Sort of sucks you don't get a score reported back, but again, it's $50. :D

Got my check today. Right in time for me to finance some Christmas shopping!