1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

writing sample & OChem

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by catchmehere44, Mar 17, 2004.

1. catchmehere44

catchmehere44 Member
    7+ Year Member

I am using Ek books to study for MCAT. It doesn't give you enough practice writing samples though. Where can I get these and how much should I stress on them?

Also how many OChem questions have they had in the past in MCAt- just need to know so I can get an idea of its weightage.
    Do they have like a distribution posted up somewhere, like 30% of MCAT will be thermodynamics questions etc. ?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. willthatsall

willthatsall Unretired
    7+ Year Member

I think the specific topics on each form of the test are random, so you will not be able to find out how many questions on something like thermodynamics. However, I think the trend is more gen chem than physics and more biology than organic. That is what I have heard. And also, I think they just took out some of the topics about organic and added more genetics and dna.

4. confewshz

confewshz Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

http://www.aamc.org/students/mcat/about/wsitems.htm