This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

fchan005

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just noticed that I made a date mistake on my ERAS application. I put the start date of my medical school a year later than I actually started.... my graduation date was correct though. Not sure what I should do now since I've already submitted the application and can't make any changes. Anyone have any suggestions or insight into what I should do? I'm hoping this will not turn out to be a the mistake of a lifetime given that the actual dates are on my MSPE and transcript....
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I just noticed that I made a date mistake on my ERAS application. I put the start date of my medical school a year later than I actually started.... my graduation date was correct though. Not sure what I should do now since I've already submitted the application and can't make any changes. Anyone have any suggestions or insight into what I should do? I'm hoping this will not turn out to be a the mistake of a lifetime given that the actual dates are on my MSPE and transcript....

Any update on your situation? I had something similar happen and was able to change it. I just don't know if programs will see the updated date if they've already downloaded my application.
 
Any update on your situation? I had something similar happen and was able to change it. I just don't know if programs will see the updated date if they've already downloaded my application.
How did you have that fixed? I made the same mistake but in a worse way, where I changed put March instead of December and prolonged my graduation of the same year! ****tt- do they even go off what you put on your ERAS though, bc you enter it on NRMP which is tied to your AAMC ID- and it’s on your MSPE—if they went off ERAS dates, couldn’t people write anything?