This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fchan005

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just noticed that I made a date mistake on my ERAS application. I put the start date of my medical school a year later than I actually started.... my graduation date was correct though. Not sure what I should do now since I've already submitted the application and can't make any changes. Anyone have any suggestions or insight into what I should do? I'm hoping this will not turn out to be a the mistake of a lifetime given that the actual dates are on my MSPE and transcript....

Members don't see this ad.

Probably not a huge deal, but I would email ERAS tech support to see if you can get it fixed.

Reactions: 1 users
they may think you're amazing and graduated in three years.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I just noticed that I made a date mistake on my ERAS application. I put the start date of my medical school a year later than I actually started.... my graduation date was correct though. Not sure what I should do now since I've already submitted the application and can't make any changes. Anyone have any suggestions or insight into what I should do? I'm hoping this will not turn out to be a the mistake of a lifetime given that the actual dates are on my MSPE and transcript....

Any update on your situation? I had something similar happen and was able to change it. I just don't know if programs will see the updated date if they've already downloaded my application.

Any update on your situation? I had something similar happen and was able to change it. I just don't know if programs will see the updated date if they've already downloaded my application.
How did you have that fixed? I made the same mistake but in a worse way, where I changed put March instead of December and prolonged my graduation of the same year! ****tt- do they even go off what you put on your ERAS though, bc you enter it on NRMP which is tied to your AAMC ID- and it’s on your MSPE—if they went off ERAS dates, couldn’t people write anything?