wRVU adjustment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hey all,

I'm in a little dilemma at my job and wanted to pick y'alls brains on what to do. So I recently started a job and am currently salaried. I have been working my tail off so I can switch to production and avoid leaving money on the table. Anyways, I saw that I was over my guarantee and went to change to production but then my employer told me that my wRVU rate will be decreased by about 15% due to the 2021 CMS fee schedule if I switch to production. I am not a fan about this change because this is a huge drop off for me. They keep trying to justify everything by saying that my pay won't change overall even though my rate drops. This is upsetting because the new fee schedule came into effect this past December and I signed in November, but the CFO didn't sign until early 2022. Why would they tell me about the change now instead of prior to signing the contract? They could have approached the idea of decreasing my wRVU rate before they signed on the dotted line.
I'm about to put my foot down and walk but just wanted to see what you guys would do in this position.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I'm in a little dilemma at my job and wanted to pick y'alls brains on what to do. So I recently started a job and am currently salaried. I have been working my tail off so I can switch to production and avoid leaving money on the table. Anyways, I saw that I was over my guarantee and went to change to production but then my employer told me that my wRVU rate will be decreased by about 15% due to the 2021 CMS fee schedule if I switch to production. I am not a fan about this change because this is a huge drop off for me. They keep trying to justify everything by saying that my pay won't change overall even though my rate drops. This is upsetting because the new fee schedule came into effect this past December and I signed in November, but the CFO didn't sign until early 2022. Why would they tell me about the change now instead of prior to signing the contract? They could have approached the idea of decreasing my wRVU rate before they signed on the dotted line.
I'm about to put my foot down and walk but just wanted to see what you guys would do in this position.

Thanks!
Changing the RVU rate is common since the main primary care codes got higher rates. 99214 for example went from 1.5 to 1.9.

That said, they should have told you earlier. Only you can say if that ticks you off enough to leave.

Reactions: 1 user