WSU c/o 2017 Applicants!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Never tried to post on here before, but I got my IS acceptance letter today too. So excited!

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to everyone who got in, it's so exciting to see others succeed! I'm super excited and freaked out about the interview Wednesday but I can't wait to explore Pullman a little bit and hope to see some OOSers at the mixer in the afternoon!

Members don't see this ad :)
What. Being snowed out from my interview is one of my worst nightmares :scared: Hoping the snow will blow somewhere else..far away.

There's 0" of snow right now and the city of Pullman does a great job keeping the roads clear. It will be okay :)

A lot of people wear snow boots with their pants tucked in and change into fancy shoes when they get to the interview wait area.

You can always do that and just stuff your snow boots into my mail box or something :D

Thanks Camelidcrazy :) Your posts always calm me down!

A lot of people wear snow boots with their pants tucked in and change into fancy shoes when they get to the interview wait area.

You can always do that and just stuff your snow boots into my mail box or something :D

I wish you would have posted this last week. Me trying to walk from the parking lot to the interview in heels was pretty darn funny. I can't believe I didn't fall on my face! :laugh:

Camelidcrazy, is it hard to find housing in Pullman/Moscow? I have two small dogs and a cat.
I actually had a really tough time finding decent pet friendly rentals (keep in mind - I wanted to find a house instead of a trailer or apartment building that would take pets, was affordable, and was biking distance to campus). I started looking in April, thinking I was ahead of the rush - not so! Many property management companies get all of their July and August leases signed in February. If you don't mind a relatively short commute or living in an apartment complex, then you will have a lot more options. If you share some of my housing criteria, however, I advise you start looking as soon as you decide to come to WSU. Camelidcrazy is right, a lot of people end up buying mobile homes. It's a good idea to look into your options sooner rather than later.

And good luck to all of the out of state applicants on your interviews! I am excited to meet some of you this week!

Congrats to everyone who's gotten in recently! And good luck to those who still have interviews! Abney, I'm sure you're going to do great :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
Im flying in tomorrow night. Should be a decent amount of snow. Excellent. This Cali girl is not excited. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

I actually had a really tough time finding decent pet friendly rentals (keep in mind - I wanted to find a house instead of a trailer or apartment building that would take pets, was affordable, and was biking distance to campus). I started looking in April, thinking I was ahead of the rush - not so! Many property management companies get all of their July and August leases signed in February. If you don't mind a relatively short commute or living in an apartment complex, then you will have a lot more options. If you share some of my housing criteria, however, I advise you start looking as soon as you decide to come to WSU. Camelidcrazy is right, a lot of people end up buying mobile homes. It's a good idea to look into your options sooner rather than later.

When you guys said many students students end up buying trailers…how much are those on average? I will be a first year student next fall! From Idaho. I am not sure what to do with the living situation. Everyone says to start looking early….but I feel all that is on craigslist is subleasing right now. If you have advice or ideas let me know!

All I know for sure is I want to be close to campus and pet friendly :)

Hey I'm a Cali girl too! It's been fine. In the 40's and some clouds but there's no snow on the roads and none coming from the sky so it's been quite nice. I would just carry your heels in your purse and wear some boots/sneakers to the interview if it's in the morning because there might be ice. Also take comfy shoes for the tour cause it's about an hour long and heels are killer!

I had my interview today. I think it went really well! *fingers crossed*

I also toured and attended two lectures which were really great opportunities/experiences.

Good luck everyone. I guess we'll know in 2 weeks!

No I went to parasitology. I met some 2nd years yesterday that took me in with them and it was a really interesting lecture! I didn't catch the professor's name but he was funny in a dry humor sort of way.

I have been getting a lot of questions about the costs of buying a mobile home from visiting interviewees. I rent (as do many of us- don't think everyone buys a place during vet school), and I'm no expert, so I dug up a little info.

This is long (sorry if you could care less), and the formatting is haywire, but hopefully it will give you a sense of the costs for buying a cheapish home in The Pullman area - I deleted the house #s and contact info because it's outdated and this is the Internet! This is a copy of some of the info Barb sent us last summer for just the "house for sale" section.

My advice is to keep checking Craigslist often- something will pop up- and to email Barbara Hodson and ask her for a copy of the housing info as soon as she is able to compile it. I managed to get a copy before the summer. Also here's a shameless plug for the room that will be opening in my house (rental) at the end of the semester: http://pullman.craigslist.org/roo/3560383054.html

Housing for Sale
Type
Year
Bed
Bath
Price
Lot Rent
Amenities

Mobile Home
Albion, WA
$12,000
$150.

House
Albion, WA
$129,900
N/A
Garage and Shed
Nearby Horse
Boarding

House
Albion, WA
$159,000
N/A
Fenced Yard

Trailer
Pullman
Terrace Estates
$10,000
N/A
Fenced, Storage Shed

Mobile Home
Pullman
Terrace Estates
$18,000
$240.
Fenced yard

Mobile Home
Pullman
$16,500
$285.
Fenced, W/D

Mobile Home
Pullman
260 NW Golden Hills, # ---
$48,500
$280.
Fenced Yard, Deck

House
Pullman
Sw Lost Trail Dr.
$169,000
N/A
Garage, fenced

Manufactured
Pullman
Glenhaven
$44,500
$430.
W/D, Shed

Manufactured
Pullman
1165 S Grand Ave #-----
$18,000
$240.
W/D, Shed

Trailer
Pullman
605 NW Fisk St. #-----
$14,000
$280.
W/D, Deck, 1 Dog allowed

Manufactured
1982 Rex
Pullman
NW Parkwest Dr.
$18,000
$270.
W/D, DW, indoor pets only

Manufactured
Pullman
255 Golden Hills West #----
$65,000
$280.
Fenced, covered porch

Mobile Home
Pullman
Terrace Estates #--
$20,900

Fenced
Manufactured
Pullman
Golden Hills
$67,500
$280.
Deck, Fenced

Townhouse
Pullman
NE Shoemaker Place
$172,500
Fenced, W/D,Deck

Manufactured
Pullman
nw Golden Hills Dr.
$53,500
$280.
Fenced

Trailer
Pullman
Terrace Estates
$17,500
$240.
Fenced, Sheds

Manufactured
Pullman
260 Golden Hills #---
$50,000
Fenced, Porch

Last edited:
Who else is having a great time playing the waiting game?! :)

Yeah. With Monday being a holiday our letters might be even later than expected too! I had to send mine to my parent's house because my school's mailing system is so terrible and I'm even more sad because I don't get to open it myself! Ahhh!

They did send emails first last year but it seems like they are switching things up this year. I'm not sure if notification will change.

Good luck to all!!

For IS I only got a letter in the mail. No email until after I sent back my acceptance.

They did send emails first last year but it seems like they are switching things up this year. I'm not sure if notification will change.

Good luck to all!!
For the USU/WSU applicants, we received an email from WSU saying that we got accepted and that a packet would be coming via snail mail later with a whole bunch of info. I am not sure how the people who got denied were notified though. And I am not sure if that is just for those of us who are doing the regional program or not.

Good luck!!

Every time this thread pops up my heart skips a beat.. haha

Is this for the WICHE applicants then? Or in state? I'm out of state so I'm assuming I'll just receive a good-old fashioned yes "big packet" or no "small packet" later this week via snail mail.

Just got an acceptance email from admissions! I haven't received a packet yet (I'm out-of-state) but they said to watch for it. Ahhh!! :clap:

Just got an acceptance email from admissions! I haven't received a packet yet (I'm out-of-state) but they said to watch for it. Ahhh!! :clap:

Congrats! Also feeling my heart shatter :cry: Anyone know if all emails are sent out at once..?

Congrats! Also feeling my heart shatter :cry: Anyone know if all emails are sent out at once..?

To be honest, I didn't think they were even sending out emails. Barbara Hodson told me this year they were only doing snail mail notifications, but I asked her if there was any way I could be notified by phone or email as well (we've been having issues with our mail actually making it to our mailbox as of late... my interview packet never came). I wonder if anyone else got an email?

I was waiting for snail mail notification too...but keeping my fingers crossed for an email tonight too! I never got an interview packet in the mail either...didn't realize they sent packets out. I only got an email with a link and a couple attachments for my interview.

I haven't gotten an email yet either :/ hopefully we'll know within the next couple of days; my interviewers say it shouldn't take more than 2 wks to know and I had my interview about 10 days ago.
Never have I been so diligent at checking my email, hah :)

To be honest, I didn't think they were even sending out emails. Barbara Hodson told me this year they were only doing snail mail notifications, but I asked her if there was any way I could be notified by phone or email as well (we've been having issues with our mail actually making it to our mailbox as of late... my interview packet never came). I wonder if anyone else got an email?

Did you interview on the 31st as well? I think we talked about our terrible mail systems together! I should have thought to ask for an email as well!

Congrats too!

Did you interview on the 31st as well? I think we talked about our terrible mail systems together! I should have thought to ask for an email as well!

Congrats too!

I did interview on the 31st! Now YOU guys have me worried... I'm going to call WSU tomorrow to make sure the email is legitimate...

I was waiting for snail mail notification too...but keeping my fingers crossed for an email tonight too! I never got an interview packet in the mail either...didn't realize they sent packets out. I only got an email with a link and a couple attachments for my interview.

I'm pretty sure it's snail mail for everyone unless e-mails were otherwise requested. I asked Kansas for an e-mail and I got mine earlier than everybody else who was subjected to the tortures of snail mail. I'm having my WSU packet delivered to my parent's house though and I didn't think to request an e-mail notification! Bollocks! Wish I had!

Oh well, we can wait together. At least you get to open your letter!!! My mom and dad have to do it for me and then I'll get the news over the phone!

I did interview on the 31st! Now YOU guys have me worried... I'm going to call WSU tomorrow to make sure the email is legitimate...

I'm sure it's legitimate! Especially if you asked them for an email. I live on campus at UCD and the school's mailing system is terrible so I asked them to send it to my parent's house instead. Congrats girl!

I was the blonde girl in the burgundy/maroon/reddish shirt! Not great with colors lol.

I'm sure it's legitimate! Especially if you asked them for an email. I live on campus at UCD and the school's mailing system is terrible so I asked them to send it to my parent's house instead. Congrats girl!

I was the blonde girl in the burgundy/maroon/reddish shirt! Not great with colors lol.

I remember you now! You were the one who had to do a sperm flash mob, right? I was the girl in the black blazer and pants with the black and white striped shirt. Short brown hair as well. Best of luck to you!

Last edited:
I remember you now! You were the one who had to do a sperm flash mob, right? I was the girl in the black blazer and pants with the black and white striped shirt. Short brown hair as well. Best of luck to you!

Yeah that was me! The Spermatogenesis flash mob extraordinaire! Thanks! Hopefully I'll have good tidings as well!

Yeah that was me! The Spermatogenesis flash mob extraordinaire! Thanks! Hopefully I'll have good tidings as well!

I'm so glad you're the same person as I was thinking. After I posted that I realized how odd it would have sounded to anyone else...

I'm so glad you're the same person as I was thinking. After I posted that I realized how odd it would have sounded to anyone else...

Seriously. Not many people are subjected to acting out the different stages of spermatogenesis with silly string in their school's quad... SMH. :rolleyes:

Anywho, if they sent your e-mail today, they probably sent letters out today. I got my Kansas e-mail the day they mailed everybody else's letters so I'm expecting mine on Friday or Saturday now...

Seriously. Not many people are subjected to acting out the different stages of spermatogenesis with silly string in their school's quad... SMH. :rolleyes:

Anywho, if they sent your e-mail today, they probably sent letters out today. I got my Kansas e-mail the day they mailed everybody else's letters so I'm expecting mine on Friday or Saturday now...

Was this for a project? Sounds interesting.. I should make my students do that, we are going over reproduction this week :) Going to think positive thoughts the rest of this week and I hope we all get good news!! :xf: :luck:

Was this for a project? Sounds interesting.. I should make my students do that, we are going over reproduction this week :) Going to think positive thoughts the rest of this week and I hope we all get good news!! :xf: :luck:

It was a project but we didn't have any kind of practice or organization so our flash mob melted into a fat disaster with silly string flying everywhere! I would recommend working on the actual "dance" moves before charging the school court yard!

Me too!

Anyone hear anything? I'm trying to stay calm, cool and collected :D

I am also waiting to hear something Wildowl, and trying to stay calm is not going real well.
pretty much on edge at this point

Anyone hear anything? I'm trying to stay calm, cool and collected :D

Seriously... My letter has to go from Pullman to Palm Springs, CA so I'm hoping it will get there tomorrow or Saturday. I'm assuming they mailed them on Monday so I think 3 days is a little optimistic for snail mail to travel that far. :(

Seriously... My letter has to go from Pullman to Palm Springs, CA so I'm hoping it will get there tomorrow or Saturday. I'm assuming they mailed them on Monday so I think 3 days is a little optimistic for snail mail to travel that far. :(

I'm in Los Angeles so I was hoping for Friday or Saturday too. Ahhhhh they say patience is a virtue but I'm having difficulty not thinking about it :(

I'm in Los Angeles so I was hoping for Friday or Saturday too. Ahhhhh they say patience is a virtue but I'm having difficulty not thinking about it :(

I think my mom is making it worse. She's convinced they meant business days instead of actual days and it's been a fun ride. I wish it would get here just to put her out of her misery at this point!