WSU c/o 2027 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
anyone know if they do file reviews for rejections? I'm curious of their reasoning

Last year they did not

Members don't see this ad.

OOS acceptance for Pullman!

Reactions: 5 users
OOS (non-WICHE) acceptance, they called me yesterday! For Pullman too!

Members don't see this ad :)
First time applicant, OOS (non-WICHE) acceptance for Pullman campus!!

Getting ready for IS interviews next week... What are you guys doing to prepare? I feel like my anxiety will shoot through the roof if I think about the process too much.

Reactions: 1 users
Getting ready for IS interviews next week... What are you guys doing to prepare? I feel like my anxiety will shoot through the roof if I think about the process too much.
I’m extremely anxious about interviews too! I’ve been reviewing common ethical/situational questions and reviewing my answer for things like “tell me about yourself” and “why do you want to be a vet.” But I also haven’t really done verbal practice to the questions because I don’t want to sound rehearsed. I’m trying to keep the mind frame of I’ll do my best and represent myself honestly, and whatever happens, happens.

Reactions: 1 user
I’m extremely anxious about interviews too! I’ve been reviewing common ethical/situational questions and reviewing my answer for things like “tell me about yourself” and “why do you want to be a vet.” But I also haven’t really done verbal practice to the questions because I don’t want to sound rehearsed. I’m trying to keep the mind frame of I’ll do my best and represent myself honestly, and whatever happens, happens.
It's also good to do voice recordings, videos, or talk in front of a mirror just to know your posture, facial expressions, and talking speed. Just a couple of practices to see how you're doing and done!

OOS non-wiche acceptance for the Pullman campus!! Good luck to all the IS interviews!

OOS waitlist, does anyone know if they post rankings?

OOS waitlist, does anyone know if they post rankings?

Don’t believe so. From what I’ve heard, they pull someone off the waitlist who is similar to the person who denied their acceptance rather than by rank

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is easy to say and less-than-easy to do, but try not to stress! The WSU interview (and I did several over multiple years) was 100% the lowest-stress of any interviews I did. They are very conversational and are trying to get to know you to make sure that you 1) understand what you're getting into/are ready for vet school and 2) how you will fit into the class culture they're trying to build. My recommendation is to think about scenarios you've encountered in your clinical/shadowing experience that you can bring up in your responses- have a few of these in your back pocket and use them even if the question isn't necessarily a "name a time when xyz" question.

Good luck to all the WA/ID interviewees this week! :soexcited:

They definitely did. It was just formatted differently than previous years. They only had a small window that they did reviews in instead of over several months.

My bad, when I asked them for a review, they refused. I assumed it was the same for everyone

What is everyone planning on wearing for the hospital tour during interviews this week? I’ve toured the hospital during undergrad, so I know I don’t really want to wear my interview heels, but I also don’t want to be underdressed if everyone else will be in their interview attire 😅

What is everyone planning on wearing for the hospital tour during interviews this week? I’ve toured the hospital during undergrad, so I know I don’t really want to wear my interview heels, but I also don’t want to be underdressed if everyone else will be in their interview attire 😅
I was planning on casual dress since my interview isn't for about 3 and a half hours after my scheduled tour. Want to give minimal opportunity for anything to spill/ruin my interview attire.

What is everyone planning on wearing for the hospital tour during interviews this week? I’ve toured the hospital during undergrad, so I know I don’t really want to wear my interview heels, but I also don’t want to be underdressed if everyone else will be in their interview attire

I definitely wore my interview attire to the hospital tour I did at a different school, but my shoes were pretty comfortable to walk in. I think I’ll probably plan to do that again?

Getting so nervous with my interview coming up tomorrow 😵‍💫 Anyone else here have theirs tomorrow?

• Care
Good luck to those of you with an interview this week! Remember to take a deep breath and relax. Everything will be OK 🙂

If you received a rejection, do your best to improve where you can and don’t give up! I didn’t get accepted my first try. Everyone’s story is different and you will eventually end up where you’re supposed to soon enough.

My bad, when I asked them for a review, they refused. I assumed it was the same for everyone
You are correct. Admissions is no longer conducting file reviews but will meet with applicants for general admissions meetings that aren't going over your specific application.

How did it go?
The process was not as intimidating as I was expecting and interviewers were nice! It was kind of rapid-fire questions style with time for questions at the end. I think I just did okay as far as answering the questions, I guess we’ll see in two weeks! 😬

• Love
The process was not as intimidating as I was expecting and interviewers were nice! It was kind of rapid-fire questions style with time for questions at the end. I think I just did okay as far as answering the questions, I guess we’ll see in two weeks! 😬
Ahh that's exciting and good to know! Fingers crossed for you. My interview is tomorrow morning 🤧

Any OOS accepted know of any housing pages or forums/ would any of y'all be interested in a roommate?

Any OOS accepted know of any housing pages or forums/ would any of y'all be interested in a roommate?
WSU CVM Classifieds is a FB group where students will post rentals among other things, and admissions will be making a class FB group for you guys as well where you can connect with everyone and find roommates!

Hoping we’ll get our final answers within one more week 🤞🏼

Check your email y'all! IS (from WA) acceptance just now

Also, if anyone accepted is in the Spokane area and wants to meet up one of these days - send me a message :) It'd be nice to have a familiar face in the fall

You guys scared me half to death I’m IS for Utah, and I think we still have at least a week until we hear

Also, if anyone accepted is in the Spokane area and wants to meet up one of these days - send me a message :) It'd be nice to have a familiar face in the fall
Hey, I also just got accepted and live in the Spokane area :) would love to meet up sometime!!

Just want to let all accepted know that there is a facebook page for C/O 2027 up! If you look up WSU CVM class of 2027 it'll come up :)

Reactions: 2 users
Just got my Utah acceptance!!! It doesn't even feel real yet!

• Care
  • Love
Reactions: 8 users
I’m sorry to be this person but I got in and I literally almost passed out at work. I’m so pumped and if anyone else who got in would like to chat so we can start the “class bonding,” Im so down because im anxious with new people 😅