-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
WSU c/o 2028 Hopefuls
Started by lizardman
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
daniella.diaz2020
Full Member
Second time application but first time OOS applicant for WSU!
First time OOS!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
pawsitivevibes
Full Member
first time OOS!
Scientific Horror
New Member
Started this threat because I couldn't find any information about personal experiences at Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine. As I said I am more interested in the experience people had in their program and what it was like. Based on their experience with classes, faculty, curriculum, etc. (basically everything). Anyone who is in the program or has graduated from WSU please feel free to write your review. 🙂
You can find my response in some old threads. I'm a 2022 grad. Everyone's experiences will vary. Some things have definitely changed since I left. That being said having been out in practice and interacting with some other grads I definitely feel I got a quality education and I'm glad I went there for school.Started this threat because I couldn't find any information about personal experiences at Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine. As I said I am more interested in the experience people had in their program and what it was like. Based on their experience with classes, faculty, curriculum, etc. (basically everything). Anyone who is in the program or has graduated from WSU please feel free to write your review. 🙂
Started this threat because I couldn't find any information about personal experiences at Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine. As I said I am more interested in the experience people had in their program and what it was like. Based on their experience with classes, faculty, curriculum, etc. (basically everything). Anyone who is in the program or has graduated from WSU please feel free to write your review. 🙂
I’m currently a first year in the WIMU program at USU/WSU (2+2 program). So far it’s been wonderful. It’s a really small class size (32) so we get lots of time to ask questions and to get to know the professors better than I think you might with a larger class size. Feel free to DM if if you have any questions about the WIMU program at USU (technically I’m not at WSU yet so idk if I’m the person you are looking for info from)
Second time OOS
I'm a fourth year at WSU. Experiences vary depending on your preferences and interests, but in general WSU has a good program to prepare you for the NAVLE. My only non-biased complaint is that we are losing incredible faculty/clinicians because they want (and deserve) more compensation than WSU can offer. The curriculum is what you would expect from a non-tracking program.Started this threat because I couldn't find any information about personal experiences at Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine. As I said I am more interested in the experience people had in their program and what it was like. Based on their experience with classes, faculty, curriculum, etc. (basically everything). Anyone who is in the program or has graduated from WSU please feel free to write your review. 🙂
It could have changed in the past few years, but it's a small panel of vets/faculty that interview you. I believe it's an open file interview combined with some pre-determined questions. Just practice your interview skills and remember to be yourself.Any information on interview prep?
If they follow the past few years, only WIMU IS applicants will be interviewed and they will be in person barring any covid or other major disease outbreaks.Does anyone know if interviews are in-person or remote? Thanks!
2021 they were remote
2022 they were planned to be in person and switched to remote when covid spiked around New Years.
2023 they were in person.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
gloworms
manifesting c/o '28
Thank you! So OOS applicants are not interviewed?If they follow the past few years, only WIMU IS applicants will be interviewed and they will be in person barring any covid or other major disease outbreaks.
2021 they were remote
2022 they were planned to be in person and switched to remote when covid spiked around New Years.
2023 they were in person.
Yes. According to the changes, they started not interviewing OOS since 2020 or 2021 due to too many applicants. Not sure about this year, but I guess it would be the same as last year. You can check out on their websites.Thank you! So OOS applicants are not interviewed?
4th time applicant (in-state). Really hoping this is my year!
WSU has a great timeline on their website. Click on the link below and scroll down to 2023-24 application timeline. Interview invites are usually sent out some time in November, but they've moved the interviews around the past few years, so I'm not sure if they're sticking to that timeline this year.
Apply to Our Program
WSU has a great timeline on their website. Click on the link below and scroll down to 2023-24 application timeline. Interview invites are usually sent out some time in November, but they've moved the interviews around the past few years, so I'm not sure if they're sticking to that timeline this year.
Apply to Our Program
futuredogtor12
Full Member
First time OOS applicant!
Second time OOS!
FrogAndToad
Full Member
First time OOS applicant. WSU is in my top 2 schools, the suspense is torture!
FrogAndToad
Full Member
Odds aren't in your favor because you are OOS? Personally, my GPA isn't stellar but I have a lot of experience so I'm hoping that can swing an acceptance my way despite me being OOS. Fingers crossed!first time oos WSU would be my #1 choice but I know the odds arent exactly in my favor
last year they admitted 24 nonresident students out of 123 total admitted applicants. When you look at stats of who applied nonresident there were 1588 total nonresident applications and they offered 56 of those students seats. Not the best odds but certainly also not the worst in terms of schools accepting oos applicants. Fingers crossed all around!Odds aren't in your favor because you are OOS? Personally, my GPA isn't stellar but I have a lot of experience so I'm hoping that can swing an acceptance my way despite me being OOS. Fingers crossed!
Those were the stats from a few years ago. our class had fewer OOS seats and more than 1600 applicants last year.last year they admitted 24 nonresident students out of 123 total admitted applicants. When you look at stats of who applied nonresident there were 1588 total nonresident applications and they offered 56 of those students seats. Not the best odds but certainly also not the worst in terms of schools accepting oos applicants. Fingers crossed all around!
Last edited:
haha, greatThose was the stats from a few years ago. our class had fewer OOS seats and more than 1600 applicants last year.
Third time IS applicant 🥹
Last year IS heard back about interviews on Nov. 4. Wondering if they’ll be sending interview invites out this Friday the 3rd or if it’ll take longer this year 😬
I started stressing about it and checking my email obsessively yesterday. It should be any day now 😬😅Last year IS heard back about interviews on Nov. 4. Wondering if they’ll be sending interview invites out this Friday the 3rd or if it’ll take longer this year 😬
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I’m so sorry 😞 Did you apply to any other schools this cycle?Just received a rejection email 😢
are you in state? i am so sorry to hear. 🙁Just received a rejection email 😢
No. I just started an MPH online, so I threw in an app this year since it was mostly done from the last time I applied. I live locally and if I had gotten in this year, I would have planned to finish the MPH concurrently with vet school.I’m so sorry 😞 Did you apply to any other schools this cycle?
Next year I am applying to a whole bunch of schools. It will be my 5th and final time applying as I will have an MPH under my belt and 8-9 years of experience in the veterinary field. If I don't get in next year, then I'm out of ways to improve my application and it will be time to move on with my life.
Yes, in state. This is my first time applying as a Washington resident. My previous 3 applications were as an Idaho resident.are you in state? i am so sorry to hear. 🙁
There's always next year!I just got a rejection email too 🙁
yeah just hard as this is the second year in a row 🙁There's always next year!
This was my 4th rejection, so I get it.yeah just hard as this is the second year in a row 🙁
Anyone else get an IS interview invite yesterday??
I did!Anyone else get an IS interview invite yesterday??
This is only for in state/WIMU. They will send OOS decisions later.Are they sending in state and out of state rejections? I haven’t heard anything from the school since submitting
They are still going through the out of state applications. I can't remember when they send decisions, but it is probably on WSU's website. There are way too many OOS applications to have decisions done this early/Are they sending in state and out of state rejections? I haven’t heard anything from the school since submitting
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Last year OOS rejections were sent on January 6th so OOS people won't hear from them for a while at leastThey are still going through the out of state applications. I can't remember when they send decisions, but it is probably on WSU's website. There are way too many OOS applications to have decisions done this early/
This is interesting because I received my OOS rejection on December 15th in 2021. Maybe they had significantly more apps to get through last yearLast year OOS rejections were sent on January 6th so OOS people won't hear from them for a while at least
gloworms
manifesting c/o '28
I emailed them about it and this is what they said:Do we think they will prolong the oos decisions again this year? I know previous years were always December 15 but it was almost a month late last year January 9th I think. Their website still lists December as when they'll be sending them out this year....
Lol so first or second week of January it is then it seemsI emailed them about it and this is what they said:View attachment 379345