WSU early decision application (entering 2015)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

abeautifulday

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I am plan to apply to WSU for early decision application, Does anyone apply and would you guys like to share your stats
Avg GPA:
Avg PCAt:
Experience and other stuff

Members don't see this ad.

Well I applied for fall 2014 (last cycle) and got waitlisted.
GPA:3.43
PCAT: 94
Experience: 1 year pharmacy tech, 2 years undergraduate research

Hope this helps and good luck.

I am surprised that you were waitlisted with that stats Shield! You should have been accepted. I know people who got in with worse stat.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also really surprised that they put n your waitlist. Did you get accepted to any school then? is that because of the interview-based, so they put you on the waitlist?

Well I got accepted into a couple others but I'm currently headed for University of Georgia.

Reactions: 1 user
yeah You should have been accepted. How was your interview at WSU? what did you they ask you?

I thought the interview went alright. Talked with a professor and an current pharmacy student. And was asked questions regarding whether I wanted to do research, stuff about myself, etc. They made the interview seem comfortable so that there was no stress and they were super easy to talk to.

I'm also thinking of applying there for 2015 cyle...goodluck guys

Last edited:
Well I applied for fall 2014 (last cycle) and got waitlisted.
GPA:3.43
PCAT: 94
Experience: 1 year pharmacy tech, 2 years undergraduate research

Hope this helps and good luck.
When did you send in your application?

Anyone are heading to Spokane for interview on Oct 10th this year?

I got an interview invite SURPRISINGLY. I'm not even ED and I got an interview on 10/10. I rescheduled to 12/5 though. This was a reach school for me too!
Submitted 7/31
Avg GPA: 2.7
Avg PCAT: 76
Experience and other stuff:
-1 year at pharmaceutical company working closely with pharmacist
-1 year researching in a lab
-1 year volunteering at retail pharmacy
-1 year working for a surgeon
-a few months in volunteering at a free clinic
-president of 2 non-health orgs in college

Congrats on the invitation for the interview. WSU is not your top choice? Probably you have an intense experience compared to other applicants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats on the invitation for the interview. WSU is not your top choice? Probably you have an intense experience compared to other applicants.

Thank you! WSU is definitely a good school, don't get me wrong. It is ranked #34 (?) on US News Reports, high NAPLEX pass rates, renowned professors, and it looks like the students are very down to earth and have a lot of fun. Also I *think* (correct me if I'm wrong) they grade with a pass/no pass system so that is really appealing to someone like me, who came from a competitive UC school with classes of 300 people fighting against each other to beat the curve.

The only concern I have is what is it like to live in Spokane, WA? Location is pretty important to me and I can't see myself being happy in a little isolated city with flights that are always transfers, never one-way. Also their curriculum lets you rotate ONLY in the state of Washington. Ideally, I wanted to rotate in many other states, my home state, or even internationally in other countries like Ghana for outreach to world problems. It depends on what you want from your experience in pharmacy school I guess. WSU is not my top choice, but I would be content to attend the school if I am accepted.

Is there a thread of WSU Pharmacy for next fall yet? I have an upcoming interview this Friday Dec 5th and wondering if anyone else attending on that day.

Is there a thread of WSU Pharmacy for next fall yet? I have an upcoming interview this Friday Dec 5th and wondering if anyone else attending on that day.

me! are you from out of state? im coming from CA.... heard its really cold in WA right now. haha

I applied ED and got accepted. The interview isn't very intense and WSU people are very very friendly. Just be yourself and be confident and be passionate about pharmacy career.
Has anybody here got accepted and create a facebook group or a thread WSU?

interviewed today and accepted right away!! :soexcited:

I applied ED and got accepted. The interview isn't very intense and WSU people are very very friendly. Just be yourself and be confident and be passionate about pharmacy career.
Has anybody here got accepted and create a facebook group or a thread WSU?
congrats on your acceptance! is wsu your top choice? which campus did you get accepted to? Yakima or Spokane? PM if you dont want to share the details...

Congrats to those who got accepted!!!! What about others who did not get accepted on the same day? Do you guys know how long it takes?

Last edited:
Did anyone in this chat find a facebook page for the incoming class of pharmacy 2019? I was accepted as well and I interviewed on Dec 5th.