WTF is this MOCA 3.0

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The ABA just sent an email asking folks to sign up for a focus group at the ASA conference this fall. If anyone is going you should sign up and express your displeasure. All participants get a $100 amazon gift card in case you are wondering where your board exam money is going

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like they keep changing MOCA every 3-4 years, and do a POOR job communicating it. I’d like to see it at 20-30 “hours” of “MOCA approved” CME, and leave it at that.....

No simulators, no tests, no “performance improvement “ projects. This stuff seems like it’s dreamed up by a bunch of academic physicians, who think us private guys have time for this crap.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Getting rid of part 4 would be nice. MOCA Minute is silly but it's an improvement over the q10 year exam.

yea I don't mind MOCA minute except for the damn fee$

The ABA just sent an email asking folks to sign up for a focus group at the ASA conference this fall. If anyone is going you should sign up and express your displeasure. All participants get a $100 amazon gift card in case you are wondering where your board exam money is going
Forget the focus group. That is all non-sense. Play hardball.
If you have spare change donate to:

It's not a focus group. It's a f-ckus group.

Reactions: 3 users
Getting rid of part 4 would be nice. MOCA Minute is silly but it's an improvement over the q10 year exam.
I would get rid of part 4 for diplómates that haven’t had a lawsuit in the last 10 years.

We are constantly being evaluated. No lawsuits in my mind means you are doing pretty well.

I would get rid of part 4 for diplómates that haven’t had a lawsuit in the last 10 years.

We are constantly being evaluated. No lawsuits in my mind means you are doing pretty well.

I’ve never had a lawsuit, but I don’t think it has anything to do with quality compared to people with an occasional lawsuit.
I would get rid of part 4 for everyone because it doesn’t make you better or safer.

I’ve never had a lawsuit, but I don’t think it has anything to do with quality compared to people with an occasional lawsuit.
I would get rid of part 4 for everyone because it doesn’t make you better or safer.
1 Can we agree in saying there are some bad board certified anesthesiologists out there? And they will likely benefit from extra training?
2 Can we agree in saying bad anesthesiologists are sued more often than the rest?
3 Why not use that to guide part 4 MOCA? Sure there will be some good anesthesiologists that will get sued and will have to do part 4 MOCA but I don’t think will be many.

1 Can we agree in saying there are some bad board certified anesthesiologists out there? And they will likely benefit from extra training?
2 Can we agree in saying bad anesthesiologists are sued more often than the rest?
3 Why not use that to guide part 4 MOCA? Sure there will be some good anesthesiologists that will get sued and will have to do part 4 MOCA but I don’t think will be many.

I think IF you could show both a meaningful correlation between lawsuits and quality and a meaningful improvement as a result of MOCA, then we could agree, but I doubt either could be demonstrated.

I think IF you could show both a meaningful correlation between lawsuits and quality and a meaningful improvement as a result of MOCA, then we could agree, but I doubt either could be demonstrated.
I bet the 1st one can be shown. 2nd one not so much.