WVSOM 2010 Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hope everyone arrives safe into Lewisburg. Hope to see you all on the 7th!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm here!!! Been here since Friday and am now just getting the internet hooked up today. If you see me in the streets/or Walmart, holla at your boy. Just click on my diary link below to see what I look like.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys-

I got in on Sunday and have to say am really liking this place. If anyone is in town and reads this and wants to meet up tonight please let me know- I'm going stir crazy in this house alone (my roommate is a 2nd year and will be here mid next week)! Just send me a PM and I'll check it tonight. My roommate told me everyone in town will be at Del Sol, so if we'd want to just walk there and meet some people I would totally be up for it. Hope all is going well with unpacking! See you all soon.

Hello. I just got into Lewisburg Monday. Ive been busy unpacking and stuff and want to see if anyone else is in town and intrested in meeting up. I woul dlove to get out of the house and socialize. I dont check the forum that much but I do check my myspace. http://www.myspace.com/sparklespot. Drop me a line if anyone wants to hang out.

Hi everyone!

Yeah I'm around too. I'm getting anxious about school too. Can't wait.

They are really renevating the whole place. And they put in central air in the old building and rebuilt a lot of the classrooms. There are a few dozen old toliet bowls in front of the school so I guess they redid the toliets as well. :D

The new bookstore is looking pretty spiffy too :) And it looks like we freshmen will be going to that spanking brandnew building they just built ontop of the hill. When I interviewed here in September, they had just broken ground for it.

Nice to see so much change since last year.

Hey guys,

If anyone would like to hang out with me this Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please send an a PM.

Thx

C&C

pretty bored too..anything going on?

CatsandCradles said:
Hey guys,

If anyone would like to hang out with me this Friday, Saturday, or Sunday, please send an a PM.

Thx

C&C

sacred774 said:
pretty bored too..anything going on?

Yes JohnUC33 is planning something. But I'm still not entirely sure what it is. It is tonight at 7pm at the Greenbrier HS. They are having sometype of "Relay for Life" thing if you would like to join us.

And guys, there are 3 Registration forms on the website that we need to bring with us on Monday. They are very simple, all you have to do is check a few boxes and sign your name and adress.

I have gotten a few more message from people talking about "De Soul."

I'm afraid I don't know where it is. Is this a favorite place for WVSOMers?

Maybe I'll stop by after the Relay for Life thing.

CatsandCradles said:
Yes JohnUC33 is planning something. But I'm still not entirely sure what it is. It is tonight at 7pm at the Greenbrier HS. They are having sometype of "Relay for Life" thing if you would like to join us.

And guys, there are 3 Registration forms on the website that we need to bring with us on Monday. They are very simple, all you have to do is check a few boxes and sign your name and adress.
I got to bond with some of my classmates last year at the "Relay for Life" thing and meet some of my teachers ahead of time. It was good fun and I'd recomend it. Dr. Davis should be there and he's very outgoing and really friendly.

CatsandCradles said:
I have gotten a few more message from people talking about "De Soul."

I'm afraid I don't know where it is. Is this a favorite place for WVSOMers?

Maybe I'll stop by after the Relay for Life thing.
Del Sol is fairly popular. It's pretty expensive though. As soon as the Irish bar opens I'm hoping people migrate there. Del Sol is across the street from Food and Friends and next to the Tavern. (Its owned by the same person that owns the Tavern). It has an outside patio. They have a dart board but last time I went they didn't have any darts.

This stuff is all on the same street as the General Lewis, but I dont remember the name of the street.

Megalofyia said:
Del Sol is fairly popular. It's pretty expensive though. As soon as the Irish bar opens I'm hoping people migrate there. Del Sol is across the street from Food and Friends and next to the Tavern. (Its owned by the same person that owns the Tavern). It has an outside patio. They have a dart board but last time I went they didn't have any darts.

This stuff is all on the same street as the General Lewis, but I dont remember the name of the street.
Hey ya'll
I am in town now and would love to start meeting people! Give me a pm :)
I am living across the street from the Byrd Clinic!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys. Hope you're enjoying Lewisburg. The town is about to be turned upside down for the State Fair starting Friday. Lewisburg is usually quiet, but thousands of people converge on it for those 9 days...it becomes a madhouse lol. At least you will have something to do....nothing like funnel cakes before riding the scrambler. Take care.

Go early if you like corn on the cob. Last year they ran out when I went. Also if they have a tent for the world's smallest woman just keep walking and see the world's biggest horse instead.

I thought the world's smallest woman was gonna be a joke... but there really is a woman.

Megalofyia said:
I got to bond with some of my classmates last year at the "Relay for Life" thing and meet some of my teachers ahead of time. It was good fun and I'd recomend it. Dr. Davis should be there and he's very outgoing and really friendly.

Yes I met Dr. Davis! He is very nice. We saw him light up the "HOPE" candle signs. It was a very nice night!

After all the undergrad years, MCATs, applications, essays, and interviews, it all begins tomorrow.

I guess I'm in shock

it becomes a madhouse lol. At least you will have something to do....nothing like funnel cakes before riding the scrambler. Take care.

And don't forget seeing Carrie Underwood live! :love:

Seriously, good luck tomorrow with Smart Start. Welcome to med school!

I'm posting this while sitting in orientation. Anyone else on in here?

JohnUC33 said:

I am, though I'm not sitting there in orientation (poor you! hehe), I just got out of a room and am taking a break while some blood is drawn.

I just saw a patient who had chronic fatigue and nausea/vomiting. The peeps (just wanted to say the word "peeps" for some reason today) at the hospital missed the fact the pt has had elevated eosinophils for 4 months. Gonna write some Vermox and see if any worms fall out :p This medicine job is pretty cool so far so look forward to third and fourth year. Mine's been great so far!

JohnUC33 said:

Hey JT!

I'm trying out the wireless in the library, but so far no luck...I'm using an ethernet cord right now.

CatsandCradles said:
Hey JT!

I'm trying out the wireless in the library, but so far no luck...I'm using an ethernet cord right now.

Hey, if you don't have your wireless working yet, you might want to run by the computer services. Mines wasn't working cause I simply had a box clicked. They were really helpful and got me going in no time.

Richie Truxillo said:
I am, though I'm not sitting there in orientation (poor you! hehe), I just got out of a room and am taking a break while some blood is drawn.

I just saw a patient who had chronic fatigue and nausea/vomiting. The peeps (just wanted to say the word "peeps" for some reason today) at the hospital missed the fact the pt has had elevated eosinophils for 4 months. Gonna write some Vermox and see if any worms fall out :p This medicine job is pretty cool so far so look forward to third and fourth year. Mine's been great so far!

Hey Richie, we just finished wrapping up our mock PBL case. Man, I'm stoked for this curricular track!! Just gotta get the whole research thing down, but I love the small group interaction.

HooahDOc said:
Did WVSOM end up filling all of the slots it wanted, and what impact has this had?

Looking at the directory, I counted 204. However I was told that, that the real number is exactly 200 1st year students were present on Monday.

Hey Richie, we just finished wrapping up our mock PBL case. Man, I'm stoked for this curricular track!! Just gotta get the whole research thing down, but I love the small group interaction.

And I just got my family medicine I evaluation...it went fanfreakintastic (new word of the day). If you think the cases are cool, just wait till you get out on rotations. I think you'll be very happy with the PBL track, even with all the crazy stuff you put up with in your first two years. Hang in there ;) When I get my board scores back I'll sell my secret PBL book stash to ya'll. Here's hoping for a good score. :thumbup:

Gosh, I bet you all are excited about tomorrow...or nervous. Don't sweat it! Go with the flow 8) Internal Medicine starts tomorrow for me. As they say on MXC...GET IT ON! :laugh:

Just finished our first week of classes. That was a lot of work. Someone really helped me out in anatomy today just about an hour ago. I feel tremendously better now. I still need to learn insertions and origin points though.

CatsandCradles said:
Just finished our first week of classes. That was a lot of work. Someone really helped me out in anatomy today just about an hour ago. I feel tremendously better now. I still need to learn insertions and origin points though.

What will life be like once anatomy is over? I won't know how to act :D

What will life be like once anatomy is over? I won't know how to act :D

John,

That latest round of testing was utter hell for me. I did ok on the Monday sections, but on Tuesday I dropped the bucket. I barely squeezed pass 70% on the written anatomy test while this other girl opened her mailbox and was like "Yeah I got a 100".

I was so sad. I went underground to my cave and sat on the couch and curled up into a fetal position and hid my head under a pillow. It was so sad.

And OPP written was an utter disaster.

John,

That latest round of testing was utter hell for me. I did ok on the Monday sections, but on Tuesday I dropped the bucket. I barely squeezed pass 70% on the written anatomy test while this other girl opened her mailbox and was like "Yeah I got a 100".

I was so sad. I went underground to my cave and sat on the couch and curled up into a fetal position and hid my head under a pillow. It was so sad.

And OPP written was an utter disaster.

Someone we'll survive this year together...and laugh about it while we are stressed out on wards in third year:laugh: