WW Game of Thrones.

Started by dyachei
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Ok, GoT noob... what is this "wall" business?😕😕😕

images


It is a giant wall in the north to keep the wildlings (wild people) and scary stuff from invading the kingdom. It is guarded by the nights watch.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
********************************************
Sorry you'll miss it. Be sure to cheer for those of us at the Wall!
You KNOW I will! 😍 (at least I know what the Wall is! :meanie: ) I'm going to try to follow along as well as I can.
(OT: Tried on the "Big Bird" bridesmaid dress...hubs said, "Not bad!". This is a good sign. If it looked bad, he would say so. Many times. :laugh: )
*********************************************
 
Elect Liss

DocE... so hard to trust with that avatar... i believe he is actually by his own account not to be trusted...
Also- someone needs a Varys avatar... I need more eunuchs in my life
 
Elect Liss

DocE... so hard to trust with that avatar... i believe he is actually by his own account not to be trusted...
Also- someone needs a Varys avatar... I need more eunuchs in my life

psh. i dont trust me. Im conniving. But like the real petyr baelish, i win the game of thrones by any means necessary. I will win. Feel free to ride the swath of death i really hope to cut through the wolves (and prob some civilias. oops)
 
The argument becomes that if youre good you are going to want to be somewhere that people respect you enough to trust a hunch. often thats all you have. Mayor adds extra creedence. Similarly my hunch has saved a villager with a veto (once. but thats 100% frequency). Having the extra influence is good so a correct hunch isn't ignored. Then again, I dont care if you don't vote me. Just making my case once.

Like I said, I'm just askin'.

I don't personally give the mayor any extra credibility when I'm considering whether to go along with someone's lynch. Most of them, I can't even remember who the mayor is. So I don't really buy that it gives more 'oomph', but maybe other people pay more attention to that than I do.

Anyway, I just wanted to hear yer argument.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Elect Liss

DocE... so hard to trust with that avatar... i believe he is actually by his own account not to be trusted...
Also- someone needs a Varys avatar... I need more eunuchs in my life

👍 You ask and you receive

Elect Devyn
 
Oh wow I didn't realize this game was starting tonight. I have been at my husband's softball game for the last 5 and a half hours. Got home a little while ago and just now saw the game had started. I'm going to be an ass and vote for myself elect lissarae
 
elect Devyn

Devyn - this is in addition to the booze as way of apology for trying to throw you under the bus last time.

Wall citizens - get behind this vote. The Wall toughens people - we need a tough king.

********************
Geeze up to your sexual conversions on your very first post of the game. Way to get a jump on it.

I give you this meme:
View attachment gender confusion.jpg

*********************
 
Official vote tally:
Devyn- 7 (LIS, abbercadaver, wildcatj, IPB, sheepdog, kismet, AKDream)
DocE - 3 (krist, WTF, FranZ)
AKDream - 1 (BBeventer)
Lissarae - 9 (orca2011, katie8, Nstarz, jjohnston, emiloo, holdonhope, foxhunter, nohika, lissa)
Sheepdog - 1 (devyn)
 
Official vote tally:
Devyn- 7 (LIS, abbercadaver, wildcatj, IPB, sheepdog, kismet, AKDream)
DocE - 3 (krist, WTF, FranZ)
AKDream - 1 (BBeventer)
Lissarae - 10 (orca2011, katie8, Nstarz, jjohnston, emiloo, holdonhope, foxhunter, nohika, lissa, wldlfstdnt)
Sheepdog - 1 (devyn)
 
Good morning! Silly time change and needing to catch up on finals sleep. I'm awake now!

Elect Devyn.

I've read the books/watched the show too, so I know the story line!🙂
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Official vote tally:
Devyn- 8 (LIS, abbercadaver, wildcatj, IPB, sheepdog, kismet, AKDream, shortnsweet)
DocE - 3 (krist, WTF, FranZ)
AKDream - 1 (BBeventer)
Lissarae - 10 (orca2011, katie8, Nstarz, jjohnston, emiloo, holdonhope, foxhunter, nohika, lissa, wldlfstdnt)
Sheepdog - 1 (devyn)
 
***************
:corny: God, wish I could play instead of dressing up like big bird for this wedding. 🙄
***************

Do we get pictures?????😎 You'll be missed!! You too DVMD!!

Ok, GoT noob... what is this "wall" business?😕😕😕

I asked my group the same thing, and I am in (or on??) the Wall. Guess I am about to watch a lot of TV this weekend.

elect Devyn!!!
(if you win, found your coronation song, it's about whisky 😀)

Oh and good to see you playing AKD!
 
Elect lissa

plz feel free to interpret the write ups aloud for us non-games of thrones folk. i tried to wiki it real quick to get a feel, and i hadda close the window after skimming a couple paragraphs cause it was so not straightforward. all i got that it's from back in the middle ages and has something to do with incest. way too many names to keep track of.
 
Official vote tally:
Devyn- 9 (LIS, abbercadaver, wildcatj, IPB, sheepdog, kismet, AKDream, shortnsweet, Packen)
DocE - 4 (krist, WTF, FranZ, DocE)
AKDream - 1 (BBeventer)
Lissarae - 11 (orca2011, katie8, Nstarz, jjohnston, emiloo, holdonhope, foxhunter, nohika, lissa, wldlfstdnt, Minnerbelle)
Sheepdog - 1 (devyn)
 
Last edited:
Official vote tally:
Devyn- 9 (LIS, abbercadaver, wildcatj, IPB, sheepdog, kismet, AKDream, shortnsweet, Packen)
DocE - 4 (krist, WTF, FranZ, DocE)
AKDream - 1 (BBeventer)
Lissarae - 11 (orca2011, katie8, Nstarz, jjohnston, emiloo, holdonhope, foxhunter, nohika, lissa, wldlfstdnt, Minnerbelle)
Sheepdog - 1 (devyn)


Voting is closed. Results pending.
 
The wall has stopped its weeping and is freezing solid. Food is becoming more valuable than gold. A strong king is needed to lead the people out of this mess before winter arrives.

Of course there can never be a succession without a fight. Devyn rallies her men around her and fights for her right to sit atop the iron throne. Her claim is not strong enough, however. Lissarae comes forward and offers her insight and experience. Although the people are scared, they respond to this.

Lissarae is the people's elected King. She has 1 veto.

29 players remain.

Winterfell
1 nohika
2 wldlfstdnt
3 holdonhope
4 FTB
5 abbercadaver
6 NStarz
7 ksmi117
8 BBEventer

Dothraki sea
1 jjohnston
2 orca2011
3 lissarae06
4 Foxhunter
5 SOV
6 TimeWarner
7 Katie8
8 AlaskanDream

King's Landing
1 JohnnyDrama
2 FranZ
3 krist
4 WTF
5 DocE
6 Minnerbelle
7 Emiloo4

The Wall
1 Sheepdog
2 Ivorypolarbear
3 LIS
4 wildcatj
5 devyn
6 SnS
7 Packen

Night will end at 11 pm EST. Please send in PMs to both Cuit and myself. Any PMs that are not sent will be randomly generated.

Editing for any reason (except if a mod tells you to) results in immediate death.
 
Just a heads up in advance- Sunday and Monday I may be a little MIA. There's this whole graduation thing. Actually scratch that Monday morning during graduation I will probably be all over this.


Winter is coming.
 
So if we can only send messages to one person at a time should we send one to you dyachei and the same thing to cuitlamiztl?

Side note: I'm just asking for future reference. I'm not a wolf. I would think a wolf would be smart enough not to ask that question publicly.
 
Nice job TW. Missed the whole first day!!!

To be fair I needed a day off. You folks didn't even give me that!!!!

Ah well
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I shall be gone this am for staff meeting. Then Starbucks to read up goT. I am on page 200. Book is due today, natch.
 
Congrats Liss on the win!

and now on to the game.... Night ends at 4 am my time - seems another late/early night for me. :laugh:

Yeah your sleep schedule is putting me and Packen to shame over here. Maybe I should just completely switch my sleep schedule around and be awake all night...exams are over right?:laugh:
 
Elect lissa

plz feel free to interpret the write ups aloud for us non-games of thrones folk. i tried to wiki it real quick to get a feel, and i hadda close the window after skimming a couple paragraphs cause it was so not straightforward. all i got that it's from back in the middle ages and has something to do with incest. way too many names to keep track of.
Game of Thrones has A LOT of characters, most of which have their own story line. I will try my best (along with my fellow nerds I'm sure) to help with any questions I can.