??? WW Game Thread - October 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Remember that time when me not being top poster was AI? Especially ~17% into the first cycle?
you seem to have me confused with someone who remembers stuff about WW.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does this mean you’ll tell us the other wolves pls?
Early village read on Vis for the use of the word “wolves” here.

We’ve already established that 2 wolves would be “perfectly balanced” according to AM and probably math. There’s a possibility of one wolf with a conversion. But these seem to be the two possibilities we’re working with. 3 wolves seems like a lot.

So for the sake of the analysis, I’ll assume a two wolf pack with the lower chance of a possibility of a lone wolf and possible convert.

So Vis used the word “wolves”, the plural. So what?

My thinking is that there’s a hand full of possibilities where Vis, when making this joke to Genny, decided to use the plural “wolves” instead of the singular “wolf”.

1. There’s a perfect balance of two wolves, in total. Vis, as a villager, used to playing games where there’s more than two wolves, jokingly asks Genny to reveal the other “wolves”. Plural. Meaning Vis wasn’t really thinking about pack numbers when making this joke, and being used to scenarios where there would be more than two wolves in a pack used the plural “wolves” instead of the more likely “wolf”. Viscernable’s choice of the plural, and decided lack of thought behind pack numbers seems like a village decision.

2. Vis is in a pack of 2 wolves, and knowing full well there’s only one other wolf, decided to tailor the joke carefully and use the word wolves, instead of wolf, as an intentional layer of deception. This seems like an unlikely 4d chess move. At least, if I’m looking over option 1 and option 2, then option 1 seems much more likely, looking at them side by side.

3. Vis is a lone wolf, and would once again revert to the more natural “wolves” instead of “wolf”. Overall it’s too early to seriously consider a lone wolf with possible conversion, so I’ll just leave this here to make note of it’s possibility, but I’m not taking it as a serious possibility at this juncture.

So with the assumption that there’s two OG wolves, and we’re looking at the two possibilities, of scenarios 1 & 2, it seems like scenario 1 is far more likely than scenario 2.

So operating under the assumption that there’s 2 OG wolves in total, I think Vis’s off handed joke asking Genny “who the other ‘wolves’ are”, and the seeming lack of “too much information” by using the plural instead of the singular, I think it’s more likely than not that Vis is village.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
  • Haha
  • Hmm
Reactions: 7 users

We’ve already established that 2 wolves would be “perfectly balanced” according to AM and probably math. There’s a possibility of one wolf with a conversion. But these seem to be the two possibilities we’re working with. 3 wolves seems like a lot.

So for the sake of the analysis, I’ll assume a two wolf pack with the lower chance of a possibility of a lone wolf and possible convert.

My thinking is that there’s a hand full of possibilities where Vis, when making this joke to Genny, decided to use the plural “wolves” instead of the singular “wolf”.

1. There’s a perfect balance of two wolves, in total. Vis, as a villager, used to playing games where there’s more than two wolves, jokingly asks Genny to reveal the other “wolves”. Plural. Meaning Vis wasn’t really thinking about pack numbers when making this joke, and being used to scenarios where there would be more than two wolves in a pack used the plural “wolves” instead of the more likely “wolf”. Viscernable’s choice of the plural, and decided lack of thought behind pack numbers seems like a village decision.

2. Vis is in a pack of 2 wolves, and knowing full well there’s only one other wolf, decided to tailor the joke carefully and use the word wolves, instead of wolf, as an intentional layer of deception. This seems like an unlikely 4d chess move. At least, if I’m looking over option 1 and option 2, then option 1 seems much more likely, looking at them side by side.

3. Vis is a lone wolf, and would once again revert to the more natural “wolves” instead of “wolf”. Overall it’s too early to seriously consider a lone wolf with possible conversion, so I’ll just leave this here to make note of it’s possibility, but I’m not taking it as a serious possibility at this juncture.

So with the assumption that there’s two OG wolves, and we’re looking at the two possibilities, of scenarios 1 & 2, it seems like scenario 1 is far more likely than scenario 2.

So operating under the assumption that there’s 2 OG wolves in total, I think Vis’s off handed joke asking Genny “who the other ‘wolves’ are”, and the seeming lack of “too much information” by using the plural instead of the singular, I think it’s more likely than not that Vis is village.

Nice think you have done there , Zenge

Reactions: 1 user
Nothing I do is random. Sometimes you have to poke the bear to see if a wolf falls out.
Nah I mean the progression I saw was AM putting and RVS vote before you posted -> you started posting -> she replied but gave no indication (as far as I could tell) that she was wolf reading you -> you told her she was wrong about you. Just confused if I missed something because I didn’t get the feeling she was actually suspecting you

Nah I mean the progression I saw was AM putting and RVS vote before you posted -> you started posting -> she replied but gave no indication (as far as I could tell) that she was wolf reading you -> you told her she was wrong about you. Just confused if I missed something because I didn’t get the feeling she was actually suspecting you
I could be in mason chat with AM and she would suspect me.

So what's your problem with me interacting with AM? You want the thread to shut down completely?

So what's your problem with me interacting with AM? You want the thread to shut down completely?
Am I stepping on your cord, genny?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys landed. In the car. Have to do stuff with Cessna's family but will try to play off and on until deadline (tonight, right?). Thankfully I'm on EST for once.

Hey guys landed. In the car. Have to do stuff with Cessna's family but will try to play off and on until deadline (tonight, right?). Thankfully I'm on EST for once.
Deadline is tomorrow.

To both of these, why?
Like he waa trying too hard to continue the "joke," but it was almost too serious, and the whole thing smacked of wanting to participate and be casual in a way that ended up not feeling casual, and then you gotta wonder why try that hard?

Its possible Cray might have asked that question only to establish that she doesnt know the answer
Eh, every game I end up thinking about how many wolves there are and asking about it, but admittedly I'm doing it earlier than I have in times past. What prompted it is how small a game this is to begin with, but 1 vs 2 wolves is a bigger difference for analysis especially early than say 2 vs 3, because in the former it's possible there are NO w/w interactions or vote coordination to look for, vs having some. The latter 2 vs 3 there are interactions period but question is just how many.

Your post references "shutting down the thread" which I assume to mean preemptively ending lines of discussion. All Vis was doing was clarifying your thought process which is the opposite of shutting anything down. So why can't Vis inquire your reasoning? Did you not vote me to get the thread started? Or did you intend for everyone to ignore it?

I was confused by what you said, not mad about it, lol

Reactions: 1 users
2 pages already? Ugh.
I was pleased we were only on page 2. Happy to have a nice small game with a reasonable number of pages to read.

With that said,

-Wildzoo is sus for her stats vote
-Zenge wrote a whole dissertation which is villagey, but I don’t give Visc the same village credit he does. In fact, I’m far more likely to give her sus cred for trying to get village cred for it

Your post references "shutting down the thread" which I assume to mean preemptively ending lines of discussion. All Vis was doing was clarifying your thought process which is the opposite of shutting anything down. So why can't Vis inquire your reasoning? Did you not vote me to get the thread started? Or did you intend for everyone to ignore it?
I interpreted it differently.

• Care
  • Haha
Reactions: 4 users
AM is the expert and I am chopped liver
Two OGs would be perfectly balanced.
You brought up the convert possibility which made me panic so that’s what I remembered.

AM used the phrase “perfectly balanced” which made me think of Thanos, so that’s what stuck in my head more.

You brought up the convert possibility which made me panic so that’s what I remembered.

AM used the phrase “perfectly balanced” which made me think of Thanos, so that’s what stuck in my head more.
He is purple.

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users

You very well might be right, and I have no wolf points for Vis currently, but I don't find scenario 2 all that hard to believe if wolf!Vis was attempting to avoid the appearance of TMI.

Just noting it. Probably being contrary for contrarian's sake.

• Hmm
You very well might be right, and I have no wolf points for Vis currently, but I don't find scenario 2 all that hard to believe if wolf!Vis was attempting to avoid the appearance of TMI.

Just noting it. Probably being contrary for contrarian's sake.
I mean, having wolfed with Vis, I don’t remember her being obsessively over concerned with tiny details like using plural vs. singular and how it would be perceived. I do think scenario two is possible but I think between the two options scenario one just seems more likely.

It's fine, I'm not gonna yeet you over it.

Probably

• Hmm
  • Care
I mean, having wolfed with Vis, I don’t remember her being obsessively over concerned with tiny details like using plural vs. singular and how it would be perceived. I do think scenario two is possible but I think between the two options scenario one just seems more likely.
Like I said, I'm probably being contrary just for the heck of it. I read the joke itself as more likely to come from a villager anyway this early in the game, even without specific wording analysis.