WW: -Omitted Topic-: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@Navilly We can PM both day and night? Any rules about discussion after cycle close but before write ups are posted?
You can pm both day and night, and pm in whichever mod opened conversation until a mod closes the conversation. You may still post before write ups are posted.

Members don't see this ad.

Reverie Barks

Sorry about tunneling you incorrectly last game in the dead chat

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
###reverie lawpy### thanks for helping me out last game!

why reverie someone you have difficulty reading?

I would like to think I can read Barks better after last game. She also has done really well with her PRs in the past games I've played with her which is also why I'm voting for her.

Reactions: 2 users
Official First Day Tally
REVERIE
Animal Midwife (1) - Animal Midwife
Coopah (1) - Wildzoo
Coffee (1) - Coffee
Genny (1) - Genny
Mizchiefmanaged (1) - Mizchiefmanaged
Pippypony (1) - Pippypony
Barkley13 (4) - Cubs, Barkley13, Dinashadow, Matthew9:35
StartingOverVet (1) - Coopah
Lawper (1) - Mypetmoose

BLOCK
Animal Midwife (1) - ZiggyandJazzy

Current vote tally: 13/33

Missing votes: Many

Time Remaining: Approximately 77 hours

Gif of the day:

I'm fairly certain you already know the answer to this question.
Why are you fairly certain of that? Why would I ask a question I already know the answer to? Do you know the answer?

Why are you fairly certain of that? Why would I ask a question I already know the answer to? Do you know the answer?

I'd have to have short-term memory loss to assume otherwise. You've already made it clear in your posts you know the answer. Don't ask filler questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
You've already made it clear in your posts you know the answer.
Are you referring to the alternate universe in which there is a man with the powers of a spider who has an uncle named Ben?

Last edited:
Yikes guys. Awfully aggressive awfully quickly. Not a whole lot has happened yet. Ziggy, you are asking lots of questions-some more useful than others. And the same can be said about AM I guess. You are voting block AM right now too. Is this all just residual saltiness from the last game?

Yikes guys. Awfully aggressive awfully quickly. Not a whole lot has happened yet. Ziggy, you are asking lots of questions-some more useful than others. And the same can be said about AM I guess. You are voting block AM right now too. Is this all just residual saltiness from the last game?

I've asked exactly one question lol

What exactly have you seen that is aggressive? So far I have seen mostly cordial interactions so I find this an interesting comment. Perhaps you are letting biases of previous lives influence your perspective on what is currently occurring.

No, it is not residual saltiness. I misinterpreted the way that votes work. I thought my block vote would merely "cancel out" AM's self vote. I do not want her to be the reverie, but I don't necessarily want her to be blocked either. I am contemplating changing my vote, but as you have said, not much has occurred and thus it is difficult for me to know who I would like to reverie or block. I have time to contemplate.

Also, in reference to AM and Barks, it appears they may follow the philosophical teachings of Uncle Ben. I have not read his theories extensively but I do recall him stating "with great power comes great responsibility". It seems AM is perhaps not familiar with his teachings, but I think she may agree with them.

Reverie Pipperooni
For getting me into this game and being right that I would probably like it.
Also your avatar reminds me of Mercy, who used to be my OW main. :love:

Reactions: 3 users
What exactly have you seen that is aggressive? So far I have seen mostly cordial interactions so I find this an interesting comment. Perhaps you are letting biases of previous lives influence your perspective on what is currently occurring.

No, it is not residual saltiness. I misinterpreted the way that votes work. I thought my block vote would merely "cancel out" AM's self vote. I do not want her to be the reverie, but I don't necessarily want her to be blocked either. I am contemplating changing my vote, but as you have said, not much has occurred and thus it is difficult for me to know who I would like to reverie or block. I have time to contemplate.

Also, in reference to AM and Barks, it appears they may follow the philosophical teachings of Uncle Ben. I have not read his theories extensively but I do recall him stating "with great power comes great responsibility". It seems AM is perhaps not familiar with his teachings, but I think she may agree with them.
The interaction between you and AM feels quippy/snappy. I said aggressive, not because it was abnormal, or non-village- just because it read a little snappy. Could be the internet and tone issues. Could be reading into stuff from other games, but still a thought I had that I felt like sharing.

I will say, you were a little more quiet at the beginning when you wolfed, so I'm keeping that in mind. Plus, if I'm gonna let anything bias me, it'll be your early death last time.

Care to address why you keep talking about spiderman?

Side note, this game looks like a lot of fun/really in depth write ups. Its gonna be like reading a book!

The interaction between you and AM feels quippy/snappy. I said aggressive, not because it was abnormal, or non-village- just because it read a little snappy. Could be the internet and tone issues. Could be reading into stuff from other games, but still a thought I had that I felt like sharing.

I will say, you were a little more quiet at the beginning when you wolfed, so I'm keeping that in mind. Plus, if I'm gonna let anything bias me, it'll be your early death last time.

Side note, this game looks like a lot of fun/really in depth write ups. Its gonna be like reading a book!

Yeah that's usually how their interactions go so it doesn't feel out of the norm for them

I thought this was clear but I will add clarity because I do like teaching.

Are you sure you're ready for the responsibility?
what makes you think it's a responsibility?
Initially, just curious how she came to the conclusion that whoever was revered would get responsibility. I took it as an alteration/upgrade to someone's power, the reverse of the blocking. This could be incorrect however.

I also think asking a noob if they are ready for more responsibility is a bit condescending imo.

You've already made it clear in your posts you know the answer.
For some reason, AM seemed to think I knew the answer to my question, which is false. Generally I dont ask questions if I know the answer. What would be the point of it?

If one is to think objectively, this person has showed a distaste for power, and an inability to function when given these powers in the past. While they may think they are ready, I do not agree.
I believed AM was referencing this quote when she stated I should already know the reverie will get more responsibility. However, I never said this. I said power. Her equating power with responsibility reminded me of the philosophies of Uncle Ben.

Empowering someone sounds like giving them more responsibility to me
Here, I can see barks also thinks power is similar to responsibility.

Reactions: 1 user
But it's so temporary. Makes me feel warm inside.
The blocking is temporary. Grammatically that sentence in the write-up does not indicate that the reverie is. Plus, 5 turns is a long time. Could be your whole life.

• Wow
Initially, just curious how she came to the conclusion that whoever was revered would get responsibility. I took it as an alteration/upgrade to someone's power, the reverse of the blocking. This could be incorrect however.
Is an upgrade to someone's power not a responsibility? I am certain you could fathom some roles (or, rather, a particular affiliation) that you would not like to have any additional power.
I believed AM was referencing this quote when she stated I should already know the reverie will get more responsibility. However, I never said this. I said power. Her equating power with responsibility reminded me of the philosophies of Uncle Ben.
Your musings resemble that of an attorney. Are we to believe there is no relationship between power and responsibility?

Is an upgrade to someone's power not a responsibility?
Not necessarily. It's all a matter of perspective.

I am certain you could fathom some roles (or, rather, a particular affiliation) that you would not like to have any additional power.
Of course there are. Hence my vote. I think it is interesting so far I am the only one using a block, not a reverie.

Your musings resemble that of an attorney. Are we to believe there is no relationship between power and responsibility?
I wouldn't say that. I believe that in certain contexts, more power may be more responsibility. In others, there may not be. I see responsibility as something a good person has. Ie the responsibility to have your actions benefit others in a positive way. If more power is given to those with mal-intent, is it responsibility given?

With that said, I am going to
unblock AM
block pip

I remember a certain time she wanted more power for herself and voted this way. but she did not have good intentions.

Of course there are. Hence my vote. I think it is interesting so far I am the only one using a block, not a reverie.

What are the benefits of blocking today over a reverie?

I'm a bit busy but just want to point out that I don't think Miz is a noob. I'd reserve the noob term for people who are actually new to WW as opposed to being new on SDN.

Reverie Barks
She got me into the games and shes a good player, so I'll toss my vote here

What are the benefits of blocking today over a reverie?
By today are you referring to 4/7 or the day that goes until either 4/9 or 4/10?

I am unsure of the possible ramifications of either. Is it worse to give more power to someone nefarious, or take power away from someone virtuous?

I'm a bit busy but just want to point out that I don't think Miz is a noob. I'd reserve the noob term for people who are actually new to WW as opposed to being new on SDN.
I'll call everyone a noob if I feel like it

Reactions: 3 users
By today are you referring to 4/7 or the day that goes until either 4/9 or 4/10?

I am unsure of the possible ramifications of either. Is it worse to give more power to someone nefarious, or take power away from someone virtuous?

By today in a WW context, I always mean the duration of a day cycle.

Why on earth would you want to block yourself?

Reverie myself
Sketch points to you. Why on earth are you making a mountain out of this molehill. Super weird thing to focus on AM wording like that. It was pretty clear she was just asking in the general sense.

It doesn't appear she would like to block herself. She is voting to reverie herself. But that is an interesting question. Why would she ask to block herself if that was never her intention?

While I would not put it in those terms, I do find it interesting so many wish to reverie themselves. I wonder if there is information to be gained from this.
Sketch points to you for continuing the above, pointless line of questioning.
Also yes thank you for pointing out something but offering no analysis yourself.

Is an upgrade to someone's power not a responsibility? I am certain you could fathom some roles (or, rather, a particular affiliation) that you would not like to have any additional power.

What exactly was this post supposed to accomplish besides some light fishing?

Novel idea: We block and reverie the same person.
Gives us a couple of days to evaluate (on thread or via abilities) the person we reverie. That way no major damage is done if we inadvertently power up a wolf.
Downside is, it also gives wolves multiple chances to take out the Reverie'd player with out the effects of the Reverie being utilized.

Novel idea: We block and reverie the same person.
Gives us a couple of days to evaluate (on thread or via abilities) the person we reverie. That way no major damage is done if we inadvertently power up a wolf.
Downside is, it also gives wolves multiple chances to take out the Reverie'd player with out the effects of the Reverie being utilized.
Doesn't that also give the person the crutch of "oh I would find wolves if I still had my power" as a wolf and an excuse to still live over other players as they'd be essentially vanilla? 5 days is pretty long even with an average deathrate.

Official First Day Tally
REVERIE
Animal Midwife (1) - Animal Midwife
Coopah (1) - Wildzoo
Coffee (1) - Coffee
genny (1) - genny
miz (1) - miz
pippy (2) - pippy, capri
barks (5) - cubs, barks, dina, matty, doggo
sov (1) - coop
lawpy (1) - mpm
pbc (1) - lawpy

BLOCK
Animal Midwife () -
Pippy (1) - ZiggyandJazzy
coop (1) - paws

Current vote tally: 17/33

Missing votes: Many

Time Remaining: Approximately 73.5 hours

Gif of the day:
gif1-gif.257206

Yes, but I agree with this:
why reverie someone you have difficulty reading?
Le Miz and Jahboi are new and none of us know how to read them. I'd rather reverie go to someone whose metas we are familiar with.

Doesn't that also give the person the crutch of "oh I would find wolves if I still had my power" as a wolf and an excuse to still live over other players as they'd be essentially vanilla? 5 days is pretty long even with an average deathrate.
I see what you mean but no, they don't need abilities or powers to develop reads and give us other ways of evaluating them.

While I would not put it in those terms, I do find it interesting so many wish to reverie themselves. I wonder if there is information to be gained from this.

What, gleaning information from the way people vote? That's crazy talk.

Reactions: 5 users
With that said, I am going to
unblock AM
block pip

I remember a certain time she wanted more power for herself and voted this way. but she did not have good intentions.
As an aside, iirc the time when I did that before, we didn't have our roles yet, so at the time I cast my mayor vote for myself, I didn't know I was a wolf.

MV5BZDI4MmMyMjgtNjgxMi00NDU4LTliOGUtMzgxNDE3ZmIxM2NkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjk1Njg5NTA@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
@Rozzieray (if she's still around) would agree with me

Every time I see anything about Sailor Moon I think of the Barenaked Ladies song (One Week) where they say Sailor Moon used to "make them think the wrong thing" and then remember that all the characters in that show were like 14 and it creeps me out. Anyway,

Reverie Stagg