WW: -Omitted Topic-: Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Every time I see anything about Sailor Moon I think of the Barenaked Ladies song (One Week) where they say Sailor Moon used to "make them think the wrong thing" and then remember that all the characters in that show were like 14 and it creeps me out. Anyway,

Reverie Stagg

Random aside but this is my response to your new avy

giphy.gif

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
  • Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Every time I see anything about Sailor Moon I think of the Barenaked Ladies song (One Week) where they say Sailor Moon used to "make them think the wrong thing" and then remember that all the characters in that show were like 14 and it creeps me out. Anyway,

Reverie Stagg

Also they're cartoons lol.

Come out of the shadows and fite me like a man!

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
dubz, are you here to save me for real this time?

Sketch points to you. Why on earth are you making a mountain out of this molehill. Super weird thing to focus on AM wording like that. It was pretty clear she was just asking in the general sense.

Sketch points to you for continuing the above, pointless line of questioning.
Also yes thank you for pointing out something but offering no analysis yourself.

What exactly was this post supposed to accomplish besides some light fishing?

Novel idea: We block and reverie the same person.
Gives us a couple of days to evaluate (on thread or via abilities) the person we reverie. That way no major damage is done if we inadvertently power up a wolf.
Downside is, it also gives wolves multiple chances to take out the Reverie'd player with out the effects of the Reverie being utilized.
Isn’t the downside kind of a big deal here? What is the point in voting to reverie anyone at all with that logic? If we follow your idea and the person dies it’s basically voting for nothing. It’d make more sense just to convince people to not vote so you don’t power up a wolf accidentally. Don’t like this logic being passed off as a novel idea.

Also don’t we take the same risk anytime there is a mayor role in a game that we’d accidentally power up a wolf? What’s different now?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Well, yea, but that concerns me a lot less than them being 14 though, lol. I mean, Playboy did a Marge Simpson spread once....

Well yeah. I wasn't saying the cartoon thing was worse than the pedophilia. I do have kids, so my threshold for creeps is extremely low lol.

How dare you ninja my ninja edit
Full disclosure, you edited just before I pushed reply so I had to edit your post to make my joke. You're welcome. :p

On a serious (?) note:

reverie dubz

Reactions: 1 users
Also don’t we take the same risk anytime there is a mayor role in a game that we’d accidentally power up a wolf? What’s different now?
In a normal mayor election, there's a chance we'd elect a wolf.
This is not a normal mayor election. If we reverie a wolf, and then also block a villager. Thats a double whammy.

Block Coop while I process everything. This felt like trying not to win the vote for fear of seering
Literally D1, yup reasonable assumption *insert heavy sarcasm*. I have my reasons, and I want whatever the hell this is to be useful, so that's not me. I'll probably be seered anyways as I am literally the sketchiest person to ever exist by just breathing, let alone opening my mouth ;). @WildZoo I think you're little plan has backfired. Don't worry it was all my fault :p

Literally D1, yup reasonable assumption *insert heavy sarcasm*. I have my reasons, and I want whatever the hell this is to be useful, so that's not me. I'll probably be seered anyways as I am literally the sketchiest person to ever exist by just breathing, let alone opening my mouth ;). @WildZoo I think you're little plan has backfired. Don't worry it was all my fault :p

Can confirm everyone thinks you are sketchy AF even when you’re not.

Not necessarily. It's all a matter of perspective.

Of course there are. Hence my vote. I think it is interesting so far I am the only one using a block, not a reverie.

I wouldn't say that. I believe that in certain contexts, more power may be more responsibility. In others, there may not be. I see responsibility as something a good person has. Ie the responsibility to have your actions benefit others in a positive way. If more power is given to those with mal-intent, is it responsibility given?

With that said, I am going to
unblock AM
block pip

I remember a certain time she wanted more power for herself and voted this way. but she did not have good intentions.
In what situation would more power not be more responsibility? Even if we powered up a wolf, they would have to be careful how they used that power because obviously we all know who has gotten more power based on the vote.
Doesn't that also give the person the crutch of "oh I would find wolves if I still had my power" as a wolf and an excuse to still live over other players as they'd be essentially vanilla? 5 days is pretty long even with an average deathrate.
I’d seriously side eye anyone trying to use that crutch. I actually love basics games/vanilla roles because people often use abilities as a crutch.
Also they're cartoons lol.
So? People can’t find cartoons hot? I don’t really know why that is so weird to some people.

Also, I forgot to “watch” this thread and then forgot the game was going on because I wasn’t getting any notifications. :smack:

In a normal mayor election, there's a chance we'd elect a wolf.
This is not a normal mayor election. If we reverie a wolf, and then also block a villager. Thats a double whammy.

Do you think we'll get enough block votes for that to be an serious concern?

This is quite the game to jump back into WWing lol. Question for the mods or hive mind, is this reverie/block vote going to result in one person being reverie'd AND one person being blocked or just the thing with the most votes happening?

I answered my own question by rereading the rules post.

On day one, the vote will be unique to what you are normally voting for. The vote will be to empower one person, through a manner called “reverie” and to hamper someone else, such that they have no role ability for the first 5 turns. (with some exceptions for innate abilities).

Reactions: 1 users
I answered my own question by rereading the rules post.

On day one, the vote will be unique to what you are normally voting for. The vote will be to empower one person, through a manner called “reverie” and to hamper someone else, such that they have no role ability for the first 5 turns. (with some exceptions for innate abilities).
This is the correct interpretation.

I think you should read the opening posts again :p

I did, but I'm still confused as to why anyone would even choose to block when it's set up like this.

Reactions: 2 users
I did, but I'm still confused as to why anyone would even choose to block when it's set up like this.
:shrug: We've already got block votes though so unless they have a change of heart I'd assume it's happening.

I guess I just see it as a meh move. The only thing that would matter to me blockwise is the factional kill or a specific converter wolf.

:shrug: We've already got block votes though so unless they have a change of heart I'd assume it's happening.
To further clarify, there are mechanics in place that if neither the option reverie or block received any votes, there would still be reverieing and blocking. It's certainly an option for no one to vote there, but then the decision on who and how many people get blocked/reveried is based on mechanics that I will not expand upon further. (I apologize for any confusion in the wording with respect to the reverie/block mechanic)

• Wow
Reactions: 5 users
Are you sure you're ready for the responsibility?
Are you?

Block Coop while I process everything. This felt like trying not to win the vote for fear of seering
Strange conclusion you've come to, is this something expected of Coop?

Yikes guys. Awfully aggressive awfully quickly.
The interaction between you and AM feels quippy/snappy. I said aggressive, not because it was abnormal, or non-village- just because it read a little snappy.
Quick backpedal as a little snappy and aggressive are poles apart

block mpm

To be honest I think that's an overused reason to suspect people during mayor-type votes. I've turned down nominations many times as a villager for various reasons and have seen others do the same. So to me...NAI.

Official First Day Tally
REVERIE
Animal Midwife (1) - Animal Midwife
Coopah (1) - Wildzoo
Coffee (1) - Coffee
genny (1) - genny
miz (1) - miz
pippy (2) - pippy, capri
barks (5) - cubs, barks, dina, matty, doggo
sov (1) - coop
lawpy (1) - mpm
pbc (1) - lawpy
Stagg (1) - Stagg
Wildzoo (1) - PBC

BLOCK
Animal Midwife () -
Pippy (1) - ZiggyandJazzy
coop (1) - paws
MPM (1) - Mutts

Current vote tally: 20/33

Missing votes: Many

Time Remaining: Approximately 60 hours

Gif of the Day

Are you?

Quick backpedal as a little snappy and aggressive are poles apart

block mpm
I don't think I backpedaled. Aggressive just means something different to me I guess. And to me, snappy is a fair interpretation of that interaction.

What did you think of Am vs. Ziggy?

In my opinion it felt aggressive, but not necessarily abnormally so. Their gameplay is just different than mine I guess. More direct. I don't think it is affiliation based really, and it doesn't fit with a wolf Ziggy I think.

I don't think I backpedaled. Aggressive just means something different to me I guess. And to me, snappy is a fair interpretation of that interaction.

What did you think of Am vs. Ziggy?

In my opinion it felt aggressive, but not necessarily abnormally so. Their gameplay is just different than mine I guess. More direct. I don't think it is affiliation based really, and it doesn't fit with a wolf Ziggy I think.

Tbf it seemed aggressive to me too, but they have been like that in every game I’ve played with them, so it didn’t trigger any feelz.

Regardless of what Navilly said, I still don't think I want to block anyone :lame:

Based on the rules post, it sounds like there will be minimal killing in the game anyways for the time when the block would be in effect, so all we would likely be blocking is things like info-gathering abilities, and I would rather those not be squashed.

Information makes the WWorld go round.

Plus, if there is a story determining much of the early flow of the game, then perhaps letting the winds of fate (aka the mod god) decide who is blocked is not such a bad thing?

As stated earlier, the main goal of this game is to tell a story.
Additionally, the pacing of this game may not be quite what you are expecting. You may see that early on in the game, there are minimal deaths, whether it be from day or night cycles. I encourage you not to be frustrated by this, but to instead indulge yourself in the story
So, perhaps we should indulge ourselves in the story?

(Of course, I will still accept reverie votes ;) Can't let the storyteller tell us what to do all the time.)