. WW Sign-Ups & Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thoughts on Zen ISO (more expanded thoughts on the day to follow)
The tl;dr is I would really like to know AM's affiliation to get a more complete view of this lynch, and coop is at the top of my list again.
lynch @cheathac

for an extremely sketchy opening post. PBC covered the reasons. Maybe a little bit of early pressure will provoke cheathac to respond sooner.
+1 village for PBC - don't think Zen would piggyback on a fellow wolf like that
I'm not getting why cheat is voting for you, specifically, when I read your post as trying to get others off of her back. Your other defensive posts have come off as weirdly excited, though. That's why I was reading through Speed WW 2 (and some other games, if I have time) - I need to figure out if you're always this manic. At the very least, it's sketchy in isolation.
Feels a lot like my interactions with coop when she was up for lynch D1 in the vet clinic game
Cheathac and coopah's post seem to be their meta, and I'm OK with coopah's explanation of my concern.
And Zen was rather quick to back off coop when it seemed the lynch was already heading away for her, without much explanation of why
@cdoconn, what was up with yesterday?

Big, long post where you seem to be building to Pippy as a wolf

Little over an hour later, when pippy was far and away the leader (7 votes to anyone else's 2). The non-wolfy suspicions part is sketchy for me. You built towards lynching her, and then backed off when it got more momentum and seemed clearly in the lead. Why?
Not that Zen hasn't come out strong against a fellow wolf before, but the situation reads a little different to me here. Tentatively giving cdo half a village point for this.
As for me, I'm interested in people who pushed a kata lynch. I thought gwen's day 1 was more suspicious (drop in once a few hours before lynch close and parrots other's reasons) than kata's (random vote at the start where she implied she wanted to come back), so I'm wondering if kata was put up for lynch instead of gwen because people thought kata had a sketchier meta-game reputation (vote more likely to stick).

@Coopah, why did you zero in on Kata's lynch yesterday? @LetItSnow, why did you agree?
Reminding myself to see who else was on the kata lynch since Zen threw shade at all of them. Her callout of coop does make me second guess that tunnel again :lame: But if I were wolfing and wanted to call out a group of people, I'd be inclined to include a fellow wolf in there. So maybe not all is lost on my coop train.
lynch AM self-preservation.

Got my eye on Coopah for never answering and genny for the posts. I'm with DVMD; I don't think they're contributing.
Kind of like the above, I feel like with her knowing she was likely to be going down soon it would be smart to throw some shade toward a fellow wolf. Genny and coop are both people she had called out before. They could both be village but idk. I would really like an answer on coop at this point.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I was a little suspicious of Zen because of the way she was questioning mainly only me earlier, but I kinda feel like it might've been my bias that made me suspicious of her.

I don't think I've actually played with Zen before, so I don't know any of her wolf tells. I might be crazy, but I'm not sure that there's a wolf there.
I think we need to vote cdo tomorrow. for sure.

Current suspicions: LIS - he eventually gave in to vote Zen, but he was really set on LG - who I have in a slightly village leaning category because of her reasons behind voting for Zen.
Nyamko - idk... kinda weird. voted for STL and just seemed weird about it. Have in wolfy category
genny - still think she needs to go

high village: WZ, STL

possible village: I hate to say it, but mmm was Zen's top suspect. Could be a cover up still, but I don't think she is a wolf. Also think DVMD is village. And LG.

Reactions: 1 user
Think I missed a Zen post I meant to comment on. Her timing for voting for 3m yesterday would be really lame for an attempted bus. I already wasn't feeling the 3m feels, that makes me even more ok with her, especially with Zen continually poking at her over the last couple days. Ok onward to today...it's not extensive, just a couple things that stood out to me.

Unlike, say, that kata lynch. I would have liked to have given kata another day since I've never played with her before and she was at least trying. I'll have to take a look at how those votes stacked up.
I don't much like this if lyra didn't voice strong opposition to the kata lynch when it was happening. I'm pretty sure she didn't but only skimmed her posts in search so might have missed it in a longer post.
So I went back and counted the number of posts made by everyone on days 1 and 2 because I am ridiculously stubborn and don't have enough to do with my time right now. I present to you probably useless data that DVMD will just dismiss anyway:
# Posts Day 1:
PBC - 4
Pippy - 65
Cheat - 6
STL - 12
CDO - 7
Coop - 21
Snowy - 15
WZ - 5
Kata - 1
LIS - 3
Lyra - 4
3M - 10
Zen - 12
AM - 10
genny - 9
WTF - 7
ny - 6
hmoo - 6
LIS - 11
gwen - 1

# Posts day 2:
STL - 12
snowy - 14
ny - 4
hmoo - 11
LIS - 7
AM - 12
Zen - 7
WZ - 7
WTF - 5
cdo - 4
genny - 10
coop - 3
DVMD - 1
Lyra - 5
kata - 1
PBC - 10
3M - 19
kata - 5
gwen - 0
I like this specifically because it gives more support for coop weirdness. Look at that change in posting activity when she's no longer on the chopping block.

Egg backing off of Zen when it would have been a good opportunity for bussing (didn't quote the post but it was a "I was suspicious if her but I think I may have been biased because she questioned me" type thing) reads village to me.

Today makes me feel pretty good about STL and DVMD, and a little better about LIS, not so much for his positioning on the vote but the reasoning for it.

And as a final note...why is Zen always a wolf in the basics games? o_O

Members don't see this ad :)
Knowing if AM is a wolf or villager would give us more info on that last lynch. If AM is also a wolf, it is harder to get anything from that lynch, if she's villager, we get a bit more info.

Note: this isn't me saying we should lynch AM tomorrow, I'm just thinking out loud

Why? Because I didn't vote for Zen? Neither did Coop, WTF, 3M, Genny, Ny, or you, so I hardly think that's grounds for lynching. Yes, I didn't think Zen was a wolf, I was honestly surprised when I saw the write up. It happens.

Why? Because I didn't vote for Zen? Neither did Coop, WTF, 3M, Genny, Ny, or you, so I hardly think that's grounds for lynching. Yes, I didn't think Zen was a wolf, I was honestly surprised when I saw the write up. It happens.

no, because you have been sketch this whole game and that was the nail in the coffin for me.

I was debating whether or not to post this here, but I figured it could only help:

Yesderay evening, during the night cycle (not after) I was upgraded from a period to an ellipses, which gave me a death avoidance (I argued that it should theoretically be two kill avoidances because ellipses has three periods, that didn't fly). Well, wolves attacked me last night, death avoidance is gone.
(To clarify, last night refers to this evening, yesterday evening was yesterday in time lol, read over and seemed confusing)

A few things on this. First, Dubz, who was wolf lean after yesterday (she pulls this thing where she will sometimes intentionally get in really early on wolf lynches before they kick off), goes down to village lean, as she usually won't do an attack on me this early in the game as a wolf.

Second, I feel almost everyone in this game is starting this game as a period, so role name may not mean much.

Third, anyone else think the timing of me getting the role update in the middle of a night cycle is weird? Do you think it was a day ability that trilt forgot to give out or a night ability that goes out at time of submission?

Whoever the role giver is, thank you.

Based on that, I'm betting abilities are gained over time, since our wolf was deemed a period. For every few villagers, a role is given - and given the period designation (ignoring my third grade joke of red period) I imagine it might be the same for the wolves Since no one has been blocked, silenced (right? Bueller? Bueller?) whatever - only killed. Either that or we have an alpha who kills and the other wolves are fodder.

Current suspicions: LIS - he eventually gave in to vote Zen, but he was really set on LG - who I have in a slightly village leaning category because of her reasons behind voting for Zen.

Eventually gave in? I frickin' tied the vote up (or nearly so). C'mon.

I still am suspicious of LG, but now that you mention she had reasons for voting Zen I'll have to go back and re-read what she said. Mayhaps I can move her to village.

Members don't see this ad :)
(That was 80% snark, btw. I'm not really gunning for STL anymore after the Zen lynch.)
I will say, for me, STL can't be 100% forever cleared just because of during the vet game he bussed MJ and everyone was like "whaaaat, there's no way he's a wolf, he JUST took down a wolf" and yeah, he was a wolf in that game (or a convert by that point at least).

Do I want him dead right now? No. But I still have to keep that in my mind.

Oh for sure.

When I say I think someone is village it is never with certainty. And STL would definitely bus a wolf. So would I.

But you also can't go TOO far down the paranoia path or you'll never really narrow down your suspicions.

I think we had two wolves up for lynch yesterday. I think AM didn't respond how she usually does to being lynched. Maybe she's been through it too many times, maybe she's a wolf.

Lynch AM

I will say, for me, STL can't be 100% forever cleared just because of during the vet game he bussed MJ and everyone was like "whaaaat, there's no way he's a wolf, he JUST took down a wolf" and yeah, he was a wolf in that game (or a convert by that point at least).

To be fair in that game, I was hardcore gunning for Mj the day before conversion. But still very true, I have no fear of bussing, with a purpose.

I am going to
********lynch cdo*********

The back and forth on her yesterday felt like positioning on zen where she could say "see, I was suspicious of her" without actually voting her. Was a late vote that swung things back towards AM. And of the candidates in my head, she is the one that I think is most likely to crack (ba dum shh) under a bit of pressure.

I am going to

The back and forth on her yesterday felt like positioning on zen where she could say "see, I was suspicious of her" without actually voting her. Was a late vote that swung things back towards AM. And of the candidates in my head, she is the one that I think is most likely to crack (ba dum shh) under a bit of pressure.

This conflicts me, because I have cdoconn as village.

I buy your reason .... it just doesn't mesh with my reads. I'm kinda liking the AM lynch, though.

Eventually gave in? I frickin' tied the vote up (or nearly so). C'mon.

I still am suspicious of LG, but now that you mention she had reasons for voting Zen I'll have to go back and re-read what she said. Mayhaps I can move her to village.

LG untied the vote towards a zen lynch. Then genny came and tied it back up by voting AM. Obviously this only means something if AM is village.

I am going to

see this is where you're wrong. I had already said that I didn't think Zen was wolf and that I was surprised because I read her wrong. It goes back to what you say about not half assing votes. Sure, I could've jumped on the bandwagon, but why would I do that when I didn't believe that??? WIFOM, I know but c'mon STL.

see this is where you're wrong. I had already said that I didn't think Zen was wolf and that I was surprised because I read her wrong. It goes back to what you say about not half assing votes. Sure, I could've jumped on the bandwagon, but why would I do that when I didn't believe that??? WIFOM, I know but c'mon STL.
Where is the second quote? I have gone back and forth between the two pages and do not even have that on my feed (and no I am not using the app)

You said that after I called you out and made you commit one way or the other on your original confusing comment, in which you were like yeah, sort of a wolf, yeah, but not really, so I won't vote her.

Where is the second quote? I have gone back and forth between the two pages and do not even have that on my feed (and no I am not using the app)

You said that after I called you out and made you commit one way or the other on your original confusing comment, in which you were like yeah, sort of a wolf, yeah, but not really, so I won't vote her.
Posted yesterday at 10:19pm CST. I would hardly say you 'made me commit one way or the other' and I didn't say that she was sort of a wolf. I said I was suspicious of her earlier in the game, but I just thought I was suspicious of her from the way she kept questioning me (which is the same way you are doing right now :thinking:).

I was a little suspicious of Zen because of the way she was questioning mainly only me earlier, but I kinda feel like it might've been my bias that made me suspicious of her.

I don't think I've actually played with Zen before, so I don't know any of her wolf tells. I might be crazy, but I'm not sure that there's a wolf there.

Sorry I misspoke. I meant to say along the lines of "I was suspicious" not "I am suspicious".

And in regards to the being wrong with conviction, you also can lead a goose chase with firm feelings. Lately, at least, you've been 100% about someone but I think you've been wrong more times than not (especially with the fact that there's noooooooooo way there could be a day vigilante in the basics game. No way. Nope. Not possible. Oh... except there was.)

IMO when someone lynches someone hard it means that they know something that everyone else doesn't know- either from abilities or PMs. So I mean... I'm not gonna full throttle lead a lynch based on my feels that are biased from Zen questioning me!

right exactly! If I get a strong feeling, I'm gonna use it. But what if the feeling isn't strong? I'm not trying to pull some passive ****, but my readings are weak af this game. No clue why. So like I said, I'm not gonna say "omg STL is definitely a wolf he needs to go like... yesterday!" because I'm not gonna run with minor feels.

Lynch AM
this is a really really weird post to me.

AM seems to be fighting... everyone right now. especially 3M. A lot of AM's comments are really suspicious as well, so that's where I'm voting.

(I just realized I made it into a tie, but there's still 2 hours and 4 more voters to go. Not to mention waffles 4 dayz. So don't freak out)

well... Trilt's one step ahead of you in that Gwen was mod killed yesterday.
Oh I completely agree. I just wanted to say it so that way in a couple of days they're not like "omg but Cdo made it into a tie! Obviously a wolf."

(Which, for the record, we are still in a tie.)

I went through and quoted everything I said yesterday, so you can see that I didn't sort of want to lynch Zen.

Personally I'm not feeling the cdo lynch. She doesn't seem to be acting any different than her villager-self. I'm still feeling AM. Her defense was strange for her, I think. She's just acting too different than normal.

Lynch AM

As an aside, I thing genny is acting super weird. Between that strange interaction with DVMD and her usually high levels of sass, I think she's suspicious. But I feel AM is the most suspicious candidate right now.

I'm still feeling an AM lynch for now.

Don't have a good enough feel either way for cdoc at this point.

lynch AM

I don't much like this if lyra didn't voice strong opposition to the kata lynch when it was happening. I'm pretty sure she didn't but only skimmed her posts in search so might have missed it in a longer post
I didn't, but earlier in the day I was hoping she would come on and defend herself/start contributing so people would change their votes. I wasn't around for lynch close and didn't expect votes for her to stack up the way they did.

Not sure what to make of STL's claim of death avoidance. I believe he was attacked since no one is disputing it, but I don't want to ignore other possibilities such as him being the protector who protected himself but doesn't want to be outed. I doubt conversion would occur this early unless we only had 3 original wolves, but that would seem awfully imbalanced to me. I'll be interested to see if the wolves try again to kill him, or if they'll keep him alive to mess with our heads.

I agree that Zen questioning cdo feels like like it could have been throwing shade at a fellow wolf for village points, with little risk of getting cdo lynched. I also have sketchy feels for AM and genny, I'm still considering where I want to vote today.

Personally I'm not feeling the cdo lynch. She doesn't seem to be acting any different than her villager-self. I'm still feeling AM. Her defense was strange for her, I think. She's just acting too different than normal.

Lynch AM

As an aside, I thing genny is acting super weird. Between that strange interaction with DVMD and her usually high levels of sass, I think she's suspicious. But I feel AM is the most suspicious candidate right now.
It was only strange because you're paranoid.

I think AM is not responding how she usually does to being lynched, and it's really making me suspect her more. If AM is a wolf, Ny and Hmoo are also sketchy to me. If she's not a wolf, I'd be looking more at cdo and wtf.

I didn't, but earlier in the day I was hoping she would come on and defend herself/start contributing so people would change their votes. I wasn't around for lynch close and didn't expect votes for her to stack up the way they did.

Not sure what to make of STL's claim of death avoidance. I believe he was attacked since no one is disputing it, but I don't want to ignore other possibilities such as him being the protector who protected himself but doesn't want to be outed. I doubt conversion would occur this early unless we only had 3 original wolves, but that would seem awfully imbalanced to me. I'll be interested to see if the wolves try again to kill him, or if they'll keep him alive to mess with our heads.

I agree that Zen questioning cdo feels like like it could have been throwing shade at a fellow wolf for village points, with little risk of getting cdo lynched. I also have sketchy feels for AM and genny, I'm still considering where I want to vote today.
Why do you feel 3 wolves and a convert is underpowered. Ratio should be between 1:3 and 1:4 wolf:villager ratio (and I have grown as a mod to prefer the latter and join LIS's camp). At 3 originals and a convert, it would be at 1:3.5, which some people would consider almost perfect balancing.

I think AM is not responding how she usually does to being lynched, and it's really making me suspect her more. If AM is a wolf, Ny and Hmoo are also sketchy to me. If she's not a wolf, I'd be looking more at cdo and wtf.
This extrapolation is based on the idea that wolves would not vote for one of their own, which I would be more cautious about considering. Totally feasible, but less likely. I feel like it's more about when people end up voting for wolves and in what manner (or if they avoid doing so and how they approach it)

Why is it if someone calls your behavior weird they're being paranoid, but you calling my behavior weird confirms me as a wolf?

This extrapolation is based on the idea that wolves would not vote for one of their own, which I would be more cautious about considering. Totally feasible, but less likely. I feel like it's more about when people end up voting for wolves and in what manner (or if they avoid doing so and how they approach it)
Well, if we're going to factor in busing, that put you right at the top of the list.

Why do you feel 3 wolves and a convert is underpowered. Ratio should be between 1:3 and 1:4 wolf:villager ratio (and I have grown as a mod to prefer the latter and join LIS's camp). At 3 originals and a convert, it would be at 1:3.5, which some people would consider almost perfect balancing.
I didn't actually calculate ratios, 3 original wolves in a 20 person game just sounds low to me based on the games I've played. :shrug:

A) where's your jump in that logic?
B) why should you not consider bussing? And a lot of it is how proposed bussing occurs?
Because you started the Zen lynch. And I could see you as a late add to the wolf team due to the confusion about whether you were playing or not. And you're always sketchy. That's my logic for those thoughts.

When I've been a wolf, I think wolves have avoided voting for other wolves unless necessary. So those tend to be my first thoughts when looking for wolves as a villager. I think it's very unusual and a fairly bold move to just decide to lynch one of your own. I think most wolves would prefer to keep their numbers up if possible.

I'm gonna go ahead and

lynch AM

I was suspicious of her yesterday, and I still think she's suspicious. I don't know what else I can say to everyone voting to lynch me. I feel like I've defended myself really well, so I'm sorry that y'all think I'm sketchy.

I didn't actually calculate ratios, 3 original wolves in a 20 person game just sounds low to me based on the games I've played. :shrug:
The game started with 18, went up to 20 with me and DVMD, and had a quick trigger finger mod kill on Gwen, so I consider the game to be modded as if 18-19 players.

Because you started the Zen lynch. And I could see you as a late add to the wolf team due to the confusion about whether you were playing or not. And you're always sketchy. That's my logic for those thoughts.

When I've been a wolf, I think wolves have avoided voting for other wolves unless necessary. So those tend to be my first thoughts when looking for wolves as a villager. I think it's very unusual and a fairly bold move to just decide to lynch one of your own. I think most wolves would prefer to keep their numbers up if possible.
This is actually proven to be not the best wolf play. Very few games (my biggest fail of pirates being a major exception) end with a significant number of wolf pack alive at the end. Best bet is usually to hedge your bets on an original, preferably one that can't be seered accurately, and your convert. the other are sacrificial lambs that can and should be sacrificed at appropriate intervals. *insert LIS complaint about how this didn't used to be the case and prevet games have morphed gameplay into this*