Yale Mph

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UconnMPH

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I am intestested in applying to Yale's MPH program for the fall 06. I am a double major and will be getting a BS in Molecular & Cell Biology and a BA in Anthropology. My overall GPA is about a 3.5. I have done research in a lab with a proffesor for about a year, was the president and founder of a club in school, and have engaged in public health issues throughout college. I was also accepted into a program in Africa and went there for a month to study their health care system. My main concern is, my MCAT scores. I took it and did not even get a 20 (in fact I am too embassred to say my score). Do you guys think I have a shot at applying to Yale's MPH? I have called them up and they really seem to take the overall application into consideration but I am still nervous. Can someone please offer any help/suggestions.
Thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

UconnMPH said:
Hello
I am intestested in applying to Yale's MPH program for the fall 06. I am a double major and will be getting a BS in Molecular & Cell Biology and a BA in Anthropology. My overall GPA is about a 3.5. I have done research in a lab with a proffesor for about a year, was the president and founder of a club in school, and have engaged in public health issues throughout college. I was also accepted into a program in Africa and went there for a month to study their health care system. My main concern is, my MCAT scores. I took it and did not even get a 20 (in fact I am too embassred to say my score). Do you guys think I have a shot at applying to Yale's MPH? I have called them up and they really seem to take the overall application into consideration but I am still nervous. Can someone please offer any help/suggestions.
Thanks a lot.

Why don't you just take the GREs instead?

Yeah, don't even tell them about the MCAT and take the GRE. Now, if you are a bio major and scored <20 on the MCAT I'm guessing you're one of the "poor test takers" and thus the GRE will also be difficult. Maybe you studied you butt off for the MCAT and don't have time to study for the GRE and thus you're better off using the MCAT. But I doubt it - I would think most programs would prefer seeing a GRE score.