• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

UconnMPH

10+ Year Member
Nov 15, 2005
Status
Hello
I am intestested in applying to Yale's MPH program for the fall 06. I am a double major and will be getting a BS in Molecular & Cell Biology and a BA in Anthropology. My overall GPA is about a 3.5. I have done research in a lab with a proffesor for about a year, was the president and founder of a club in school, and have engaged in public health issues throughout college. I was also accepted into a program in Africa and went there for a month to study their health care system. My main concern is, my MCAT scores. I took it and did not even get a 20 (in fact I am too embassred to say my score). Do you guys think I have a shot at applying to Yale's MPH? I have called them up and they really seem to take the overall application into consideration but I am still nervous. Can someone please offer any help/suggestions.
Thanks a lot.

Path2Felicity

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
Status
UconnMPH said:
Hello
I am intestested in applying to Yale's MPH program for the fall 06. I am a double major and will be getting a BS in Molecular & Cell Biology and a BA in Anthropology. My overall GPA is about a 3.5. I have done research in a lab with a proffesor for about a year, was the president and founder of a club in school, and have engaged in public health issues throughout college. I was also accepted into a program in Africa and went there for a month to study their health care system. My main concern is, my MCAT scores. I took it and did not even get a 20 (in fact I am too embassred to say my score). Do you guys think I have a shot at applying to Yale's MPH? I have called them up and they really seem to take the overall application into consideration but I am still nervous. Can someone please offer any help/suggestions.
Thanks a lot.
Why don't you just take the GREs instead?

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yeah, don't even tell them about the MCAT and take the GRE. Now, if you are a bio major and scored <20 on the MCAT I'm guessing you're one of the "poor test takers" and thus the GRE will also be difficult. Maybe you studied you butt off for the MCAT and don't have time to study for the GRE and thus you're better off using the MCAT. But I doubt it - I would think most programs would prefer seeing a GRE score.

About the Ads