Yale Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

riverie

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who interviewed at Yale and realllllllly wants to go there? Drop some ideas on why...

:)

On a side note, anyone know when they'll be releasing acceptances?

Members don't see this ad.

riverie said:
Who interviewed at Yale and realllllllly wants to go there? Drop some ideas on why...

:)

On a side note, anyone know when they'll be releasing acceptances?

Me!!!!!! I loooove yale. let me count the ways:
1. Yale Child Study Center
2. I can do a child and adolescent psych clerkship instead of an adult one. normally you have to do the adult one first at other schools.
3. Flexibility in test dates. Have a birthday party to attend one weekend? that's fine, just take you test the next weekend.
4. The best lookin' anatomy lab in the country plus a more clinical case based approach to anatomy and incorporation of surgical techniques
5. Cheap real estate in a newly revitalized New Haven and plenty of parking
6. Close enough to new york to drive there for the day to feed shopping addiction
7. Close enough to home that parents can drive down for the day if i'm sick, lonely, etc and vice versa

Yale is awesome!!!! Sorry I don't know the answer to your second question. I wish it was at the beginning of march but they said the end.

I remember you on a forum a while ago, runmimi. i went to yale undergrad...you couldn't pay me enough to go there for medical school. I mean, it's a great school academically. Beyond that, though, New Haven is seriously lacking in a number of ways. I know many medical students there and, although they all say that they are learning a lot, they seem to always say that there is a lack of much to do outside of class and that, in many ways, the curriculum is organized pretty superficially (they learn a lot, but don't necessarily cover material that will be present on the boards...and on the wards for that matter; instead, PhD's tend to lecture on their research and focus pretty narrowly on various topics).

By the way, this is just my opinion and i don't mean to say that yale isn't great for some people. After 4 years living in new haven, though, my friends and i were MORE than ready for a change. Just my 2 cents.

Members don't see this ad :)
March 22 is the release date. They have been telling people that at interviews as recently as this past friday.

cool, thanks for the input, everyone. =) runmimi, why were you disappointed on interview day?

Anyone know if 2/28 is really the last day for interviews at Yale?

Just want to put a plug in for new haven...I went there undergrad too, and although it isn't NYC or Boston, new haven has a ton going on for people interested in a smaller, vibrant community. True, I don't want to go back there for medical school, but that's because I want to go someplace new, not because of anything against new haven. I think it would be a really cool place to study medicine.

CarleneM said:
Me!!!!!! I loooove yale. let me count the ways:
1. Yale Child Study Center
2. I can do a child and adolescent psych clerkship instead of an adult one. normally you have to do the adult one first at other schools.
3. Flexibility in test dates. Have a birthday party to attend one weekend? that's fine, just take you test the next weekend.
4. The best lookin' anatomy lab in the country plus a more clinical case based approach to anatomy and incorporation of surgical techniques
5. Cheap real estate in a newly revitalized New Haven and plenty of parking
6. Close enough to new york to drive there for the day to feed shopping addiction
7. Close enough to home that parents can drive down for the day if i'm sick, lonely, etc and vice versa

Yale is awesome!!!! Sorry I don't know the answer to your second question. I wish it was at the beginning of march but they said the end.

That's all nice and good, Carlene, but you're going to Harvard.

GuyLaroche said:
That's all nice and good, Carlene, but you're going to Harvard.

Wow, I'm very impressed with your confidence in me! I wish i had that same confidence in my chances...

CarleneM said:
Wow, I'm very impressed with your confidence in me! I wish i had that same confidence in my chances...

It's all settled. You can thank me at the end of the first week in March.

Last official interview day is Friday, March 4th.