Yea...NPs and PAs can prescribe Fentanyl over Skype

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

VA77

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is the race to the bottom. I am glad I do not except out of contols even if they have have a severed arm. Our BOP are useless excecpt collecting fees which they excel in. Cannot even authorize a refill of Motrin but they can write whatever.

Effective July 1, 2018, S.345 revises the prescriptive authority of certain advanced practice registered nurses with respect to controlled substances and authorizes physician assistants to perform telemedicine to include authorized prescribing of Schedule II and Schedule III prescriptions.

During this transition, it may be necessary for the pharmacist to go to DEA’s verification site to verify the APRN has changed their DEA to reflect CII authority.

Members don't see this ad.

What state is that?
Oh nvm it SC

Reactions: 1 user
Seems like the pharmacy grassroots doesn't accomplish much, year after year.... yet APRN/PA get shyt done.

On topic, this scares me.

Members don't see this ad :)
It is the race to the bottom. I am glad I do not except out of contols even if they have have a severed arm. Our BOP are useless excecpt collecting fees which they excel in. Cannot even authorize a refill of Motrin but they can write whatever.

Effective July 1, 2018, S.345 revises the prescriptive authority of certain advanced practice registered nurses with respect to controlled substances and authorizes physician assistants to perform telemedicine to include authorized prescribing of Schedule II and Schedule III prescriptions.

During this transition, it may be necessary for the pharmacist to go to DEA’s verification site to verify the APRN has changed their DEA to reflect CII authority.

Thank goodness they're not allowed to prescribe C2s in my state

Reactions: 1 users
I don't understand what this post is trying to say
It's sarcasm. He is saying that the ones that started the opiate epidemic was MD and DOs with liberal prescribing practices. Also big pharma help contribute greatly along with pharm. sales reps.

It's sarcasm. He is saying that the ones that started the opiate epidemic was MD and DOs with liberal prescribing practices. Also big pharma help contribute greatly along with pharm. sales reps.

What really started it was the MBA's obsession with metrics. Turns out, if docs give people opioids, they are much more satisfied! Also, for some reason they become return customers.

Reactions: 2 users