You know you're in med school when....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
You know you're in med school when you're so busy studying, that a fire drill in the dorms is your main social interaction for the day.

Indeed!

Others to add:

- when you can go a full month without having to buy lunch
- when you get excited that a PowerPoint only has THIRTY slides (beat that!)
- when the first lecturer you've seen NOT use PowerPoint causes you to panic
- when you learn a lot of inane statistics in a lecture, only to find out you'll never get tested on them on your exam OR on the boards

Members don't see this ad.

Indeed!

Others to add:

- when you learn a lot of inane statistics in a lecture, only to find out you'll never get tested on them on your exam OR on the boards

Nineteen, if I remember correctly. One in a series of virology lectures. :thumbup:

(Then there was the ~109-slide one for an hour-long lecture.)

Indeed!

Others to add:

Hey where's all the free lunches from??? Are u attending any and all meeting with free food?:D:D

Members don't see this ad :)
Nineteen, if I remember correctly. One in a series of virology lectures. :thumbup:

(Then there was the ~109-slide one for an hour-long lecture.)

324 slides for two hours. Almost broke down sobbing.

Indeed!

Others to add:

That's a double-edged sword. I've found that when professors have only 30 slides, the slides are either a) unintelligible and ridiculously complicated or b) not enough for the material. In choice b, the professor often says "I want to guys to just sit back and listen. This is going to be easy. I'm not going to ask anything complicated on the test." Guess what ends up on the test.

... you mentally review the different parasympathetic salivation pathways upon realizing you're salivating.

324 slides for two hours. Almost broke down sobbing.

:eek: That's 2-3 slides a minute so it has to be picture heavy. How on earth would a lecturer ever get through all that in 2 hours unless s/he is literally just flashing the slides and saying "memorize this" and "oh this is important memorize that too".

There's no way that type of lecturer would get through even a quarter of the stuff for my class because my class has a way of grinding lectures to a screeching halt with the shear volume of questions they ask so we end up having to learn a lot of the stuff on our own

While studying, a bird distracts me by landing outside my window and chirping. What goes through my mind? "****ing bird, stop chirping and being happy when I need to study!"

....when "upstream" and "downstream" have nothing to do with actual streams.

While studying, a bird distracts me by landing outside my window and chirping. What goes through my mind? "****ing bird, stop chirping and being happy when I need to study!"

shoot1b.jpg

...when you hear the word cleavage and think of enzymes instead of boobs:(

haha, this week was the first time I've run out of ink before losing the pen.
amen to that
and highlighters
I've gone throug 3 yellow ones in the past week:eek:

I don't know if this one has been said, and I didn't want to sift through the whole thread, so................you know you're in med school when the jokes you say are things your classmates can only understand. They are funny as heck though, if I may add.

When you are presenting to the attending surgeon on morning bedside rounds, and hope he doesn't look down at your feet because your mirror-polished penny loafers are of two different colors.