You think I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GaijinDesu

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, honest opinions here. Anything will help. I'm a non-tradition that graduated back in 2004 with a Computer Science Degree but decided to go back to school for pre-Pharmacy. My overall gpa is 3.1 but my science gpa is 3.6. PCAT score was 86. As you can see most of my crappy grades were from Computer Science course although I did very well on the pre-pharmacy courses. I do have 2 years of volunteer experience from a local pharmacy and couple of good LORs. I am open to go anywhere that will take me in. I've gone so far and don't plan on giving up but you guys are the experts here. What are my chances??

Members don't see this ad.

Some schools only care about your prepharm grades, but either way, I think you have a good shot.

Okay, honest opinions here. Anything will help. I'm a non-tradition that graduated back in 2004 with a Computer Science Degree but decided to go back to school for pre-Pharmacy. My overall gpa is 3.1 but my science gpa is 3.6. PCAT score was 86. As you can see most of my crappy grades were from Computer Science course although I did very well on the pre-pharmacy courses. I do have 2 years of volunteer experience from a local pharmacy and couple of good LORs. I am open to go anywhere that will take me in. I've gone so far and don't plan on giving up but you guys are the experts here. What are my chances??

Wow I'm in the same boat as you I too have a degree in Information Technology and decided to go back and do Pharmacy. Why did you decide to switch over to pharmacy? I decided that the computer field was too unstable and I always wanted to do pharmacy and have a career that can go where ever I go!

Members don't see this ad :)
you have a good chance of getting in...that science GPA and PCAT score is very appealing not to mention 2 years of pharmacy experience

One of my friend had similar GPA like you with GPA 3.1, PCAT 89 and no degree yet. He actually got in several school, Wingate, Palm Beach, and Nova. Don't worry, with PCAT over 80%, i am sure you will get in somewhere. Good luck!