Your Goal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cerberus

Heroic Necromancer
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
What's your goal for the April Mcat?
What score will you be content with?
What score will you retake if you get?

goal: 35+
happy with: 32+
retake: <30

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sensing a trend here...... ;)

"Reach" Goal: 39-40

Actual goal: 36

Happy with: 33+

Retake: Already have a 29Q (though gettin' old)

Goal: 33-37
Happy with: 33
Will apply with: 28+
Will retake if: less than 28

Now, bear in mind I have a sub-3 GPA...
>= 39: happy
>= 36: satisfied
<= 33: It'll be pretty hard to get an interview

Goal: 32-36
Happy with: 30+
Will apply with: 29+
Will retake (for a 3rd blasted time!): <29

Oh please let this be the end of my MCAT madness. Good post, it's nice to get those numbers out there. ::Sigh:: Come on 32 (if not better!)!!!

Goal: 34+

Happy with: 30+

Retake: < 27 (What can I say, I think I have a shot at my state school with a 27... that and I refuse to take this test again)

Question: How low of a writing score is acceptable, cause I suck at writing.

GOAL- 43 (damn verbal)
HAPPY with- anything over thirty
TAKE OVER: NEVER... I'll just spend my first two years of med school on a beach in the caribbean

Members don't see this ad :)
might as well play along...

goals:
VR: 12
BS: 13
PS: 11

would be "happy" with:
VR: 11
BS: 11
PS: 10

i will absolutely NOT retake this test. period. all of my eggs are in this basket, and if i screw this up its grad school for me.

i had originally wanted to apply MD/PhD, but after i've learned that i'm mildly ******ed, my goals have been revised, so now i'd be happy with a 31-33 instead of 35-36. that way, i'll just apply MD and, if successful, i'll try to reapply through the "backdoor" to an MD/PhD program after my MSI year as a med student.

i don't know, though, its still a work in progress.

Dream Goal: 35
Actual Goal: >30
Will Retake: <28

superdevil: I highly DOUBT that you are "mildly" ******ed. :) You will do just fine and I think you should still apply for MD/PHD even with a 31-33 mcat.

Dream: 40-45
Goal: 36-39
Happy with: 35
bleh: 32-34

Not retaking since I already got a 31 last August, so I'm sick of this dumb test.

I'm taking the august MCAT, but I don't think it'll hurt to post my goals :)

Goal: 36 (PS:12, VR:12, BS:12):clap: :clap:
Happy: 30+ (PS:10, VR:10, BS: 12):D
Retake: NEVER!!!!!!!:horns:

Originally posted by superdevil

i will absolutely NOT retake this test. period. all of my eggs are in this basket, and if i screw this up its grad school for me.

i had originally wanted to apply MD/PhD, but after i've learned that i'm mildly ******ed, my goals have been revised, so now i'd be happy with a 31-33 instead of 35-36. that way, i'll just apply MD and, if successful, i'll try to reapply through the "backdoor" to an MD/PhD program after my MSI year as a med student.

i don't know, though, its still a work in progress.

That is why it's a gamble because you are uncertain.

A couple of people have made it into MD/PhD programs with 30 and up. Actually someone, this year, on the pre-MSTP forum made a 30 or thereabout and was successful.

Personally I wouldn't apply with less than a 30. I am going to take the GRE this summer just to keep the score should things screw up.

A point to note, SD, MCATtitude requires arrogance and confidence in yourself, the more arrogant you are, the more jackpots you hit in this gamble. At least we have back up plans so it's not a life-and-death situation :D.

I am still hung all around--do I apply this year? Wait till next year? Do more research? Get a PhD and apply MD later? Go MD and apply phD later? Arrogantly apply MD/PhD?--just a lot of questions. However one thing I am sure of is that I want to do hardcore biomedical research, and for many other reasons and interest in clinical science, I thought the MD/PhD would be the best option for me. But I am trusting God on this one. Let's see where fateful times take us.

Goal: 35
Happy: 30+
Retake: less than 30

Seems like this one is pretty a pretty popular goal....although judging from these kaplan tests i'd better get my ass in gear or i'll be posting the same set of goals sometime before this august...

the goal: 36+
very happy with: 33
happy with: 30
retake: <30