Your humble opinions wanted...School selection/chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Scherbatsky

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know these are a little annoying, but I could really use some input.

I'm a Canadian applicant ~3.75 GPA/ 31Q
Average to above average ECs I think

The schools I have on my list right now are:

AECOM
Boston U
George Washington
Georgetown
Jefferson
NYMC
Michigan State
MCW
Mayo (reach, but no secondary :thumbup:...why not)
Rosalind Franklin
SLU
Virginia Commonwealth
Wayne State

I'd love to know if there are any I should add and if I'm on the right track with these.

p.s. I submitted AMCAS middle of July, will that screw up my chances?
Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

I mean...it's hard to say what your chances are, but in my opinion, I think it's going to be difficult for you to get into a school based off of the fact that you're an international applicant. If you lived in the US your chances would be great given your stats, but seeing as how the schools that do accept international applicants have x < 10 matriculants every year, you normally have to have an exceptional application.

Hopefully a successful Canadian applicant could give you some more advice though.

I'd say your best bet at a NY school is SUNY upstate (NYMC only had 3 matriculants for the 2009-2010 app cycle so your chances aren't very good). Other schools that accept international applicants that you might want to look further into:

SUNY Upstate
Penn State
University of Texas - Galveston (unfortunately you'd need to fill out TMDSAS though)
University of Texas - Dallas (same as above)

Last edited:
Thanks, Tapepsi. Any Canadians (or anyone else) out there with some insight??

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks, SUNY Upstate and Penn State are now on my list :) Still wondering if I stand a chance as an international applicant...