Your Most Memorable "Chief Complaints"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Mossjoh said:
Another foreign body story....18 year old male in the ER for object in rectum.

Abdominal film reveals a one foot long broom stick handle from the splenic flexure of the colon pressing against the diaphragm to the sigmoid colon...went to OR for removal

Holy ****! How did that patient keep from perforating his colon?

Members don't see this ad.

H0mersimps0n said:
...and finally my all-time, never forget for as long as I live a woman we picked up out of a delapitated "church" in the middle of inner city, no one is saying anything, no idea where the family is, she start started becoming unresponsible and uncooperative. Couldn't verbalize anything and someone say maybe a history of psych. We get her on the stretcher she starts flipping out, was angry, not answering questions then after having the police hand-cuff her to the stretcher to avoid my partner from getting hurt, she was quiet and didn't struggle or swear. THEN the jibberish started. Wierd chanting, "sleep" one second then out of no where screaming FITS that would scare you out of your skin. Needless to say the ED was packed and they didn't get her a room for 40 min we stood in triage while she would go from sleep to scream and every single time I jumped and everyone was laughing at me. She was freaky as hell...

This fits TTP patients to a T. They are WHACKED when they first present.

TTP?

sorry only MSII, need to speak medical english for a few more years ;) :eek: