COMP Northwest Track

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sjohnson1

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone entering/applying to this program? I haven't been able to find a list of affliated hospitals for years 3 and 4. I contacted COMP, but never heard back.

Members don't see this ad.

I emailed them and they sent me a list of the participating hospitals in WA. Would you like me to forward it to you?

sunnystar4 said:
I emailed them and they sent me a list of the participating hospitals in WA. Would you like me to forward it to you?

could you e-mail it to me, please?

[email protected]

Members don't see this ad :)
sunnystar,

yes please do, I will send you a PM. who did you email?

Thanks...

here's the list-- I will just post it for everyone

COLLEGE OF OSTEOPATHIC MEDICINE OF THE PACIFIC

Northwest Track
Clinical Rotation Sites

Hospital Name City State
Alaska Area Native Health Services Anchorage AK
Alaska Psychiatric Institute Anchorage AK

Idaho Primary Care Association Boise ID
Idaho State University Family Practice Residency Prog.Boise ID
Magic Valley Regional Medical Center Twin Falls ID

North Montana Hospital Havre MT

Cascades East Family Practice Klamath Falls OR
East Portland Imaging Portland OR
Emanuel Hospital and Health Center Graduate Medical Educ. Portland OR
Good Samaritan Hospital & Med. Ctr. Portland OR
Lake District Hospital Lakeview OR
Oregon Health Division Portland OR
Oregon Health Sciences University Portland OR
St. Vincent?s Hospital Portland OR
Three Rivers Community Hospital Grants Pass OR

Deaconess Medical Center Spokane WA
Group Health Cooperative c/o Fam. Practice Res. Seattle WA
Group Health Cooperative/Federal Way Federal Way WA
Harborview Medical Center Seattle WA
LifeNet Health Inc. Everett WA
Northwest Hospital Seattle WA
Sacred Heart Medical Center Spokane WA
Southwest Washington Medical Center Family Medicine Vancouver WA
Swedish Hospital Medical Center Seattle WA
Tacoma Family Medicine Tacoma WA
Tacoma Gen. Hosp.-Multicare Health System Tacoma WA
US Army Medical Center/Madigan Tacoma WA
US Naval Hospital/Bremerton Bremerton WA
University of Washington Seattle WA
Valley Medical Center Renton WA
Virginia Mason Medical Center Seattle WA
Washington Pathology Consultants Seattle WA
Wenatchee Valley Clinic . Wenatchee WA
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic Toppenish WA

University of Wyoming Family Practice Res. Cheyenne WY

This list contains current clinical rotation sites and is subject to change.

I emailed Crystal Latimore <[email protected]> for the list of NW hospitals participating in the NW track program

Thank you much :) My interest level in the NW track just raised a few notches

I am an Oregonian recently accepted into the COMP NWT program and am trying to decide if this is a better route than simply staying in SoCal for all 4 years. My main objective is stay as localized as possible for my 3rd and 4th year, but I was informed that the NWT does not guarantee all your rotations in your state of residency. Does anyone have anymore information about NWT rotations? The reason why I ask is because i would like to get back to Oregon asap so I could go ahead and buy a house, but if I have to move a lot then it might be better to spend all four years in a house in California? :confused:

ChemE101 said:
I am an Oregonian recently accepted into the COMP NWT program and am trying to decide if this is a better route than simply staying in SoCal for all 4 years. My main objective is stay as localized as possible for my 3rd and 4th year, but I was informed that the NWT does not guarantee all your rotations in your state of residency. Does anyone have anymore information about NWT rotations? The reason why I ask is because i would like to get back to Oregon asap so I could go ahead and buy a house, but if I have to move a lot then it might be better to spend all four years in a house in California? :confused:

Chem, good questions. I interviewed for the NWT last week. Another important question (that I haven't had the chance to ask yet) is... how do the students do on their boards if they are not having the 1 week per month of classtime that they will be having in the SoCal 3rd and 4th year curriculum. Their 2nd boards have a 85% pass rate and they are changing curriculum starting next year to bring students back to the school for class 1 week per month. This is because they feel that in-class supplementation of your rotation experience will prepare you better for the test... well, what about those of us who would be in the NWT?

Hmmm... I suppose we need to ask Mr. Dirk Foley about this. Haven't had a chance to do it yet. If you do it first, will you post your findings?