2022-2023 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
welp. rejected post secondary. from cali.
no email yet but logged onto portal and saw it.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
First R of this admission cycle. Glad they have a quick turn around time. Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 1 user
In the portal, if you go to Admissions > Apply, it gives you the complete date/current status ("Decision") of your app.

Just checked my portal and it says decision-committee. Not sure what this means. I was complete late August.

Reactions: 3 users
Just checked my portal and it says decision-committee. Not sure what this means. I was complete late August.
In the same boat. Called (on 9/21) to ask about something else (talked to Trisha who is awesome, be nice to them), I was complete 08/19 with committee decision on 9/6, they said I will hear back in the next couple of weeks at the most.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same. Mine has been on “Decision: Committee” for weeks, with zero communication. I don’t know if that means they’ve made a decision or if the committee has yet to make a decision.
The way it was described to me is that they have done an initial review of your application, and will make a decision on whether they are going to offer and interview within the next few weeks. To me this means we did not immediately jump off the page to get an interview but they didn't hate us so much that they wanted to reject us right then.

Does it go from no decision to committee review and then you get a decision? Did anyone just hear from them while it kept showing no decision?

The way it was described to me is that they have done an initial review of your application, and will make a decision on whether they are going to offer and interview within the next few weeks. To me this means we did not immediately jump off the page to get an interview but they didn't hate us so much that they wanted to reject us right then.

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that your interpretation is correct! haha

I'm OOS but sort of in the region so hopefully I'm not totally sunk.

I know they receive a ton of applications, but really wish they were able to mark applications as being complete quicker……..this wait is agonizing

I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that your interpretation is correct! haha

I'm OOS but sort of in the region so hopefully I'm not totally sunk.
I am in the same boat here. Currently living in the bay area but went to College in Oregon, so have PNW ties, but not technically in region.

Does it go from no decision to committee review and then you get a decision? Did anyone just hear from them while it kept showing no decision?
For me thus far it has gone from no decision to committee and they within a few weeks we are supposed to hear back. I realize this wait is tough, you can always reach out to Trish Worthington, she is super helpful up there.

Just checked my portal, and now it states "DENY POST-SUPPLEMENT." Looks like I'm out of the running with this school. Good luck to everyone else for this cycle. OOS, LizzyM 67, Complete 7/25.

• Care
  • Sad
Denied Post-Supplement - I thought I fit the mission of the school fairly well, and that I was in-region, but that’s okay. Other A’s and II’s to rely on…

Congrats on the As. How long was your app on decision-committee??

Just got an II. The first interview date available for me was 12/2. Did anyone else get any earlier options

Writing my secondary right now. What format did you guys write the essay (i.e. spacing, font, etc.). So use to writing with double space, MLA, 12-pt Times New Roman! 😅

Writing my secondary right now. What format did you guys write the essay (i.e. spacing, font, etc.). So use to writing with double space, MLA, 12-pt Times New Roman!

I did random spacing and font in order to make my essay fit the one page limit perfectly. Didn’t get an II yet but also didn’t get an R immediately lol. If I remember correctly it was 1.5 and size 11 calibri.

Does anyone have a task on their portal for “Scheduled Admissions Interview”? I clicked on it to see if I could try scheduling, but I can’t and it’s due in 4 days. I also didn’t get an II via email. Just wondering if this is just me?

Does anyone have a task on their portal for “Scheduled Admissions Interview”? I clicked on it to see if I could try scheduling, but I can’t and it’s due in 4 days. I also didn’t get an II via email. Just wondering if this is just me?

I’d call tbh, I hear they’re nice

Reactions: 1 users
interviewed yesterday, really cool people. last interviewer with mmi we had 5 minutes to spare and just talked the whole time. loved the staff. def a top choice for me.

Reactions: 6 users
interviewed yesterday, really cool people. last interviewer with mmi we had 5 minutes to spare and just talked the whole time. loved the staff. def a top choice for me.
So we applied to the same schools lol

Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know how to access their portal to look at PNWU interview status? I am confused lol

Does anyone know how to access their portal to look at PNWU interview status? I am confused lol

If you click on the admissions>apply link at the top of the portal it will show your status, mines been on committee for close to a month now

Got a II today. No email yet but id assume based on the prior "tasks" that were assigned, we don't need to do anything. I may be wrong here though. I am a mere potato in a sea of dirt.

Got a II today. No email yet but id assume based on the prior "tasks" that were assigned, we don't need to do anything. I may be wrong here though. I am a mere potato in a sea of dirt.
So, you're from Idaho?

A win for the decision-committee crew! Congrats! I’d say you’re more than a potato now. How about an avocado in a jungle of trees? Avocados are nice.

• Haha
They ended up emailing me my II later that day! Hopefully, they’ll email you in the next day or two.

• Care
Congrats!!!! Also, you must be a really smart potato to get a II lol.

Just logged in to my account (as I've been doing nearly every day since I went to committee) and today it showed Interview.
For anyone else still going through the pipeline, I found it was similar to what others said: it took nearly a month before my status changed. So, if you're waiting anxiously, don't worry - you're still normal.

Receipt 8/8/2022
Complete 8/24/2022
Committee 9/15/2022
II 10/7/2022

Have not gotten the email yet. Pardon me while I take a quick walk to try to get my heart to slow down...

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
So no acceptances have been sent out yet, right?