2022-2023 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any advice, without giving specifics, anyone has about the interview?
OOS accepted in October! I was honest and made sure it was evident that I loved this program and had a desire to practice rural medicine in one of the 5 states (Idaho). For the MMI questions, we finished early so I asked my interviewer questions and tried to utilize the full time given. To prepare for interviews in general, I listened to podcasts (The Premed Years mainly), watched YouTube videos of mock interviews, and practiced all the time. I would go over questions in the car, shower, while I was cleaning, etc. My academics were not stellar, but I think I made up for it in my experiences. Best of luck to you!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Any accepted been able to join the facebook page? The email said Class of 2026, but aren't we Class of 2027? Or am I doing my math wrong...?

Reactions: 1 user
Any accepted been able to join the facebook page? The email said Class of 2026, but aren't we Class of 2027? Or am I doing my math wrong...?
We are class of 2027 lol. I dont know if one of us is supposed to create a facebook page or if the school creates it... Either way, I dont think one is created for us yet. I know the school has a general one for everyone but you need your PNWU email to be accepted and we get that in April/May

Members don't see this ad :)
12/7 interviewees, I hope this week is our week🤞🏼🤞🏼

• Love
We are class of 2027 lol. I dont know if one of us is supposed to create a facebook page or if the school creates it... Either way, I dont think one is created for us yet. I know the school has a general one for everyone but you need your PNWU email to be accepted and we get that in April/May
Someone will create it in the next few months! I think my class (2025) had ours created in January or February

• Love
This did not age well hahah. Hopefully tomorrow is our day, but i'm betting we will have to wait until the new year.
😂😂😂 it did not age well. I hope they’d do it before Christmas 🥲🤞🏼 if not, I’ll go crazy

Just got the A call! Interviewed 12/5. So stoked! First A of the cycle

Does anyone know if it is ok to send admissions an update like your fall transcript or some research you completed?

Members don't see this ad :)

I would check their website and past years discussions on SDN to see their policy on updating them on what you have done.

They seem very welcoming and friendly so I imagine they would be open to receiving updates or would kindly tell you that they aren’t accepting updates. Either way I think it shows interest in the program and doesn’t hurt. The worst thing they do is say, “we don’t want updates”.

How about something like mid semester grades or other research project publication?

I don’t think schools care much about mid-semester grades. Research projects that have been published may be a different story. I would send them an email asking if they accept updates. If they do send them a PDF explaining what research you have taken up/where it’s been published.

Someone will create it in the next few months! I think my class (2025) had ours created in January or February
Hi guys! You can join the Facebook Class Page at this link: PNWU DO Class of 2027 | Facebook

If the link does not work please search PNWU DO Class of 2027.

I am a current OMS1 here at PNWU, so please feel free to reach out if you have any questions :)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 3 users
Was the information session pretty casual? Did you have to check in/have cameras on? My schedule is tight on the only day it could work but I want to join when I can!

Was the information session pretty casual? Did you have to check in/have cameras on? My schedule is tight on the only day it could work but I want to join when I can!
Yes, it was casual. Didn't have to check in, not everyone had cameras on. It's just for you to ask the questions you need/get to know some really cool people. :) I would say be present with camera on, looking nice for as long as you can to make a good impression, maybe ask a question or two, but don't stress.

Hello everyone, I completed my primary about a week ago-how long did it take you all to get a secondary? Would it be reasonable to reach out to them to inquire about my application status with the deadline coming up to make sure everything is complete? I am a WA resident

Hello everyone, I completed my primary about a week ago-how long did it take you all to get a secondary? Would it be reasonable to reach out to them to inquire about my application status with the deadline coming up to make sure everything is complete? I am a WA resident
I submitted my primary June 5th and got a secondary invite July 22nd. It took them many weeks to update my portal to say they got all the documents they needed after submitted my primary. It's only been a week, I wouldn't stress yet!

Reactions: 2 users
I submitted my primary June 5th and got a secondary invite July 22nd. It took them many weeks to update my portal to say they got all the documents they needed after submitted my primary. It's only been a week, I wouldn't stress yet!
Thank you!

I just saw on the website they have a $1000 acceptance fee that is required for accepted students. So even if you don’t decide to attend, but you get accepted, you pay 1k???

I just saw on the website they have a $1000 acceptance fee that is required for accepted students. So even if you don’t decide to attend, but you get accepted, you pay 1k???

Right, it’s to hold your spot after acceptance.

Right, it’s to hold your spot after acceptance.
The wording made it sound different than a seat deposit. Idk, it sounded like regardless if you accept or decline you owe 1k (which I’ve never heard of before)

The wording made it sound different than a seat deposit. Idk, it sounded like regardless if you accept or decline you owe 1k (which I’ve never heard of before)
Wait, no, I think the 1k is just a seat deposit. So you pay it up front to ensure your spot in the medical school. If you decide to attend, it goes toward your tuition. If you later decide to go with another med school, you unfortunately don’t get that 1k refunded to you. I think med schools do this to ensure their accepted applicants are being serious about attending their school. Is that what you were thinking? (The way I read your post sounded like you were thinking that you have to pay 1k to even be considered for an acceptance, which is definitely not the case. You get accepted and then decide if you’re going to pay it.)

Wait, no, I think the 1k is just a seat deposit. So you pay it up front to ensure your spot in the medical school. If you decide to attend, it goes toward your tuition. If you later decide to go with another med school, you unfortunately don’t get that 1k refunded to you. I think med schools do this to ensure their accepted applicants are being serious about attending their school. Is that what you were thinking? (The way I read your post sounded like you were thinking that you have to pay 1k to even be considered for an acceptance, which is definitely not the case. You get accepted and then decide if you’re going to pay it.)
Yeah I’m familiar with seat deposits. The wording on their website was just odd hahaha. Thanks

Kind of an odd situation...I sent in my primary in November and got an email today for a secondary. Does this school screen for secondaries or am I being catfished into paying the secondary fee and a quick rejection?

Kind of an odd situation...I sent in my primary in November and got an email today for a secondary. Does this school screen for secondaries or am I being catfished into paying the secondary fee and a quick rejection?
I'm not really sure. I would say if you are out of the 5 state region or have no interest in rural, I would be cautious.

I'd definitely reach out to admissions and inquire. I know they're interviewing into March.

I believe they do screen, or did screen prior. However, I do agree with the other responses!

I interviewed Feb. 14th so I'm excited to hear back this week! Did you receive the phone call first or did the portal change first?

Last edited:
I interviewed Feb. 14th so I'm excited to hear back this week! Did you receive the phone call first or did the portal change first?
They called me at 6am for some reason and I missed it because I was sleeping. First thing I did when I woke up was check the portal and saw... and then realized they had called me at 6am and I missed it haha. Keep your phone volume up I suggest!

They called me at 6am for some reason and I missed it because I was sleeping. First thing I did when I woke up was check the portal and saw... and then realized they had called me at 6am and I missed it haha. Keep your phone volume up I suggest!
Wow that’s early!! I saw someone earlier in the thread say they called really late. So I suppose I gotta be ready anytime 😂

Hey guys, I got waitlisted back in November. Now that it’s March, does anyone know how late in the year they’ll keep offering A’s?

Hey guys, I got waitlisted back in November. Now that it’s March, does anyone know how late in the year they’ll keep offering A’s?
Unsure. I’m 3 weeks out from my interview and still waiting on a decision