2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I just checked on the portal and it says "Decision: Committee 9/9/2021." What does that mean? I haven't received an email of rejection or interview invite yet.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I just checked on the portal and it says "Decision: Committee 9/9/2021." What does that mean? I haven't received an email of rejection or interview invite yet.
It just means that your app is scheduled or being reviewed by the committee. No decision yet.

Got the rejection letter the other day - OOS. Good luck guys!

• Care
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! I'm a first year here. Last year it was a group-ish interview, a traditional interview, and then an MMI style interview where you and an interviewer go over MMI style scenarios. The traditional interview is open file I believe.
Can I private message you to ask you questions about the school, etc?

Reactions: 1 user
Those who interviewed today, how was it? Any tips or insight? And did they tell you when you should hear back from them?

How long was everyone in the "committee" phase before they either got an II or an R? My app has been in this phase since 9/24. Marked complete 9/10.

For those who have interviewed, how long did they say it would take post-interview before making a decision?

For those who have interviewed, how long did they say it would take post-interview before making a decision?
i asked the current students during Q&A and they said got their acceptance call after 10 days, not sure if that holds true for all years tho

i asked the current students during Q&A and they said got their acceptance call after 10 days, not sure if that holds true for all years tho
In years past it seems to be the day before or the day of the next interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm wondering what my chances are of being accepted. This is the only medical school I applied to. As of now I have an interview 2/25.
MCAT: 505 GPA 3.94 sGPA 3.9 in-state applicant (about an hour from campus) CASPER was only in the 2nd quartile. I have been a CNA for 5 years, but have used the certification for different roles including med tech and cardiac telemetry. I have experience in nearly all major hospital departments. I also received my EMT certification, but its expired now.

I don’t like that I got a spam call from a 509 number today, got me excited for no reason 🥲🤣

Reactions: 2 users
nope... been aggressively refreshing to see if anybody else had lol
Same, every time someone posts on this thread my heart skips a beat 😂

Edit: So I guess it’s not today, darn I just want to know lol.

Last edited:
Where is my A. Are we hearing back today

My portal literally just changed from interview 9/1 to offer 10/22! Been refreshing all morning. No email or call but I have acceptance tasks in the checklist now!

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
If interviews are already scheduled out through the end of February, does anyone think there is any chance for an II this late?

I just got my first II of the cycle at 6:30 pm today!! It is nice to know I didn't send my application into a void lol

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
For those who have already interviewed, is the interview open or closed?

For those who have already interviewed, is the interview open or closed?
There were 2 25-30 min interviews. First person said they did not read my app and asked more general MMI type/ ethical questions, second one based my whole interview around my app and asked a lot of questions about my experiences and stories I wrote about. I've had multiple interviews MD/DO, and this was legit the only time I felt the person interviewing me was familiar with my app. I felt like this will be highly dependent on who you get assigned for interviews.

Go in expecting to sell yourself as if this is the person's first impression. I found the 'why medicine' or 'tell me about yourself' to be good segways into painting a picture of yourself to an adcom.

There were 2 25-30 min interviews. First person said they did not read my app and asked more general MMI type/ ethical questions, second one based my whole interview around my app and asked a lot of questions about my experiences and stories I wrote about. I've had multiple interviews MD/DO, and this was legit the only time I felt the person interviewing me was familiar with my app. I felt like this will be highly dependent on who you get assigned for interviews.

Go in expecting to sell yourself as if this is the person's first impression. I found the 'why medicine' or 'tell me about yourself' to be good segways into painting a picture of yourself to an adcom.
Thank you!

R here. Complete early Sep. Good luck to everyone!

• Care
  • Sad
pre-II R 2 days ago, completed 10/7 :(

OOS 3.9x sGPA, but bombed my first mcat this past aug and scheduled a jan '22 retake. The R email indicated an opportunity for re-consider with a new mcat/gpa, which gives me some shred of hope. Anybody else in the same boat or have any insight to this?

pre-II R 2 days ago, completed 10/7 :(

OOS 3.9x sGPA, but bombed my first mcat this past aug and scheduled a jan '22 retake. The R email indicated an opportunity for re-consider with a new mcat/gpa, which gives me some shred of hope. Anybody else in the same boat or have any insight to this?
would you mind defining "bombed"? Its ok if not, im just in a similar position. applied with sub-500 mcat with intentions to retake in January. submitted 09/19 and still no update

would you mind defining "bombed"? Its ok if not, im just in a similar position. applied with sub-500 mcat with intentions to retake in January. submitted 09/19 and still no update
sadly, below the 50% percentile. they may have screened for those with available mcat scores considering my submission date was nearly a month away from yours. "no update" sounds reassuring. do you have experience with rural/underserved populations? they stressed their "mission fit" in the email.

sadly, below the 50% percentile. they may have screened for those with available mcat scores considering my submission date was nearly a month away from yours. "no update" sounds reassuring. do you have experience with rural/underserved populations? they stressed their "mission fit" in the email.
I'm a URM and believe I have decent experiences with the underserved. Also, although im not considered in state anymore, I grew up most of my life and graduated from HS in Washington so hoping that helps!

I'm a URM and believe I have decent experiences with the underserved. Also, although im not considered in state anymore, I grew up most of my life and graduated from HS in Washington so hoping that helps!
at least you have some ties! sending over good luck vibes throughout the rest of your journey :highfive:

I hope everyone had a great Interview day today (the ones that did interview today...)! How was it for everyone?

Hey all! I'm an OMS 1 here so if you have questions feel free to ask! Probably late in the game but I was here last year as a premed too! Just trying to help others :)

Hey all! I'm an OMS 1 here so if you have questions feel free to ask! Probably late in the game but I was here last year as a premed too! Just trying to help others :)
How has your experience with the school been so far? What are some pros and cons?

When did your acceptances come out post-interview? How many days after? How were you notified?

Has anyone been in the "committee" status for a while? idk if that's normal
That's normal! I was under committee from 7/21 all the way to 9/2 when I got my interview invite.
When did your acceptances come out post-interview? How many days after? How were you notified?
Seems like 2 weeks from those who interviewed back on 10/8. Also, current students told me it was 2 weeks for them and those who got accepted received a phone call. Not sure if they do that for everyone or not.

just looked at the portal and saw denied post secondary - no email yet. GL to everyone else! complete 9/2, committee 9/20 3.4 sGPA and 504 MCAT

• Care
For those who gotten acceptances, what time did you receive your acceptances?