2021-2022 Pacific Northwest University of Health Sciences (PNWU-COM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I feel the same! Maybe we could just start a group me and share it on the FB page?
Based on the FB post I saw today, it sounds like they will be making one soon!

Members don't see this ad.

Withdrew my acceptance. Best of luck to those who are waiting and hope it goes to one of y'all!

Reactions: 3 users
Hi guys! We've created a Slack (similar to discord/groupme, with a bit more organization). Here's the link
Slack

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed on 4/8, any idea when I will hear back? They said around 2 weeks, but reading earlier posts here it seems like it has taken longer in the past.

Interviewed 4/8. Portal updated to WL :(
I didn't think they were meeting until tomorrow to decide...but maybe that's when they will inform everyone of their decision. Where are you seeing that on the portal page?

I didn't think they were meeting until tomorrow to decide...but maybe that's when they will inform everyone of their decision. Where are you seeing that on the portal page?
Self service > admissions > apply

Anyone know when the waitlist rank will be coming out ?

“In early May, applicants remaining on the wait list will be reviewed and the top 30 will be ranked and notified by email.” - this is from an email from Hope covering WL decisions

Interviewed on 4/8, any idea when I will hear back? They said around 2 weeks, but reading earlier posts here it seems like it has taken longer in the past.
I got the phone call a little over two weeks later. I would check the portal or just hold on a little. They might be taking longer since I think our interview was the last one?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone received the waitlist ranking email yet?
I got the impression it would be just a little before mid-May. It didn't explicitly say that, but they were taking updates until the end of April. So I imagine they will need time to process all of that and then hold the ranking discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if it is not sent out until some time next week. Though, this is all speculation on my part...maybe, this is just what I am telling myself to avoid constantly staring at my inbox.

I got the impression it would be just a little before mid-May. It didn't explicitly say that, but they were taking updates until the end of April. So I imagine they will need time to process all of that and then hold the ranking discussion. I wouldn't be surprised if it is not sent out until some time next week. Though, this is all speculation on my part...maybe, this is just what I am telling myself to avoid constantly staring at my inbox.
I agree. Probably will come out early next week or maybe end of this week.

Hey guys! Has anyone gotten word about that ranking email for the wait list?

FYI Just got the ranking email today. Hoping for some waitlist movement for all of us!

Reactions: 7 users
FYI Just got the ranking email today. Hoping for some waitlist movement for all of us!
Congrats! Did the email just say that you made the top 30? I haven’t gotten one yet but keeping my fingers crossed :)

Congrats! Did the email just say that you made the top 30? I haven’t gotten one yet but keeping my fingers crossed :)
yes! keep your chin up, while I’m not exactly sure if I’ll be pulled off the waitlist,!I've read on past threads that they even took some students who were not ranked yet. Hopefully, this cycle will bring good news for everyone who's waiting!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Was only the top 30 sent out? I thought they emailed top 10 and 20 individually?

Last edited:
Was only the top 30 sent out? I thought they emailed top 10 and 20 individually?
Last year they emailed the top 10, top 20, top 30, and unranked. I am not sure if anyone else got an email as well? They might be sending it in waves throughout the week. I guess we have to wait and see if we got an email. Here we go to more of the waiting game.

Does anyone know how they choose applicants when they rank the waitlist? Is it based on MCAT and GPA or do they look at extracurriculars, etc?

Last year they emailed the top 10, top 20, top 30, and unranked. I am not sure if anyone else got an email as well? They might be sending it in waves throughout the week. I guess we have to wait and see if we got an email. Here we go to more of the waiting game.
I am going to assume they send it in waves, because I am on the waitlist and haven't received an email yet.
Do you guys know if they email people in the top 10 one day, and then top 20 on the next, and so on?

I am going to assume they send it in waves, because I am on the waitlist and haven't received an email yet.
Do you guys know if they email people in the top 10 one day, and then top 20 on the next, and so on?
That's my assumption that it will be send in waves since I am also on the waitlist and had my interview early in the cycle and also did not get anything. From last year's thread it seems like they sent the top 30 emails over 2 days and about a week after that, they sent the unranked emails. This year might be similar or different, but it feels odd that only 1 person on here got the top 30 emails. I am hoping that means they are sending more emails tomorrow and Wednesday.
Does anyone know how they choose applicants when they rank the waitlist? Is it based on MCAT and GPA or do they look at extracurriculars, etc?
I couldn't find that information and they never mentioned it on interview day.

Reactions: 1 users
That's my assumption that it will be send in waves since I am also on the waitlist and had my interview early in the cycle and also did not get anything. From last year's thread it seems like they sent the top 30 emails over 2 days and about a week after that, they sent the unranked emails. This year might be similar or different, but it feels odd that only 1 person on here got the top 30 emails. I am hoping that means they are sending more emails tomorrow and Wednesday.

I couldn't find that information and they never mentioned it on interview day.
I called PNWU earlier today and they said they would be sending emails throughout the week. After koalaty posted that they had received the top 30 email I called to try and understand how everything would go down.

Reactions: 5 users
soo far, only one person on here has received an email right?
Y'all please forgive me...I have been trying to avoid this place through the WL season. I got a T20 email on Monday. I wanted to avoid posting because I didn't want to step on the toes of the admissions office before they got all the emails out, and I didn't want to feed into anxiety of everyone who hadn't heard anything. Though, I see and understand how you feel. Even getting an email, I feel the same. Nothing is guaranteed, and we have to respect the process. Let's hope for the best and plan for the worst. Good luck to us all!

Reactions: 2 users
Y'all please forgive me...I have been trying to avoid this place through the WL season. I got a T20 email on Monday. I wanted to avoid posting because I didn't want to step on the toes of the admissions office before they got all the emails out, and I didn't want to feed into anxiety of everyone who hadn't heard anything. Though, I see and understand how you feel. Even getting an email, I feel the same. Nothing is guaranteed, and we have to respect the process. Let's hope for the best and plan for the worst. Good luck to us all!
Congrats!! Do you mind if I ask whether you sent in a LOI?

Got the waitlist ranking today and I am unranked. What are the chances I get in? Should I send a LOI if it’s my #1 school? Thanks!

Hi, I also am unranked. What's the possibility to get ranked and get accepted?

Got the waitlist ranking today and I am unranked. What are the chances I get in? Should I send a LOI if it’s my #1 school? Than
Hi, I also am unranked. What's the possibility to get ranked and get accepted?
I also have the same question. I saw in last year’s thread that they re ranked after getting through the first 30. Did anyone else get ranked this week?

I also have the same question. I saw in last year’s thread that they re ranked after getting through the first 30. Did anyone else get ranked this week?
I am assuming people have gotten ranked--either they aren't on SDN or haven't posted.