2009-2010 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got the secondary today also and I was wondering about the part where it asks:
Please have your school Registrars send final transcript electronically to [email protected].

Do we do that along with our secondary or is that for if we get in?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

for those of you who already submitted: did your status check still showed "no" by secondary received and payment received.

Does applying to the Penn State/Jefferson 6year BS/MD program count as applying to Jefferson Medical College?

Members don't see this ad :)
For reccomendation letters, it says one from chemistry, one from bio, one from physics and one from humanities. And then it says if possible. Does anyone else think that its a little ridiculus. I am having a hard enough time getting my three letters from the a chem, bio and biochem proffesors. I could not imagine having to keep up the pressure to get a fourth letter. I will be lucky if I can get these three proffs to write there letters on time. I asked one guy and he said, "you dont need this thing till october right. The other guy lost the information I typed out about what activities im involved in.
Cmon. 4 LETTERS you gotta be kidding me. Is any gonna be doing this? I mean I guess I can try. :mad::(:xf:

For reccomendation letters, it says one from chemistry, one from bio, one from physics and one from humanities. And then it says if possible. Does anyone else think that its a little ridiculus. I am having a hard enough time getting my three letters from the a chem, bio and biochem proffesors. I could not imagine having to keep up the pressure to get a fourth letter. I will be lucky if I can get these three proffs to write there letters on time. I asked one guy and he said, "you dont need this thing till october right. The other guy lost the information I typed out about what activities im involved in.
Cmon. 4 LETTERS you gotta be kidding me. Is any gonna be doing this? I mean I guess I can try. :mad::(:xf:
Do you have a committee letter at you UG? The site says "We prefer to receive a recommendation from a preprofessional committee". So many schools nowadays want different letters, but everyone I've seen is fine with your basic committee letter from your UG. I'm so glad I ended up going that route.

On another note, I'm totally applying here. Whaaaaaat's up Elijah05, stayclassy, FML, and koko_eats?!!!

Do you have a committee letter at you UG? The site says "We prefer to receive a recommendation from a preprofessional committee". So many schools nowadays want different letters, but everyone I've seen is fine with your basic committee letter from your UG. I'm so glad I ended up going that route.

On another note, I'm totally applying here. Whaaaaaat's up Elijah05, stayclassy, FML, and koko_eats?!!!
My committee makes me happy too. At least it would if they uploaded my letters like I asked them to on Monday.

lol hey, considering we are applying what seems like all the same schools im sure ill be seeing more of you :p. youll see me, koko, and fml everywhere too :laugh:.

is everybody sending their transcript to jefferson?

for those of you who already submitted: did your status check still showed "no" by secondary received and payment received.

Yup.

I do think it's a little ridiculous, but they're pretty lenient about it. That's why they ask you to explain why you don't have those letters in the additional information space.

And you would only have 2/4 letters anyway, since all yours are from bio and chem, and they want a physics and non-science as well.

Please tell me I am not the ONLY person who has still not gotten a secondary email....

This secondary seemed so wonderfully simple until I read it more closely...

Do they actually want transcripts from every school attended sent straight to them?

Also, how are you guys phrasing your "exemption requests" for their crazy LOR requirements in the additional/optional information space?

Thanks!

So most of you guys are leaving that 500 character section blank? For some reason, I think this secondary is really confusing. Despite the fact that there are no essay questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah I have no idea if I am going to send them a letter from my chem professor. I doubt his is as good as another bio one. But if that is what they want, that will be what they get.

I hate airing dirty laundry. But, some of you will remember my debacle from last cycle. I was offered an interview on 3/30 for 4/1... but it was too late. I was decided on PCOM. Basically what happened was I left my application go from late August to late October/early November and called to make sure everything was alright. I was told I was under review. Well it turns out, I found out later that I had never been placed into the review pile. I felt lied to. I'm leaving it at this. Jefferson has the reputation on these boards for a GREAT GREAT GREAT education, but an admissions process that falls behind other schools.

Wait...what about sending the transcripts? I don't remember reading about that in the secondary application at all.... Now I'm wondering if I skipped anything else on the application. :mad:

what transcripts are you guys talking about? I would think transcripts we are supposed to send are our final transcripts after an acceptance and before matriculation, right?

or should we be sending our transcripts now? :confused:

what transcripts are you guys talking about? I would think transcripts we are supposed to send are our final transcripts after an acceptance and before matriculation, right?

I think that's correct.

By the way, the status stills says secondary not submitted and fee not paid.

I think that's correct.

By the way, the status stills says secondary not submitted and fee not paid.
It takes until they download the application, I believe. You can always call. I submitted mine, the payment cleared at my bank, and it didn't show up. The school had to completely redownload my application. They almost wanted me to pay again, and then get a refund in the mail.

Yeah FSU asks for them too (and ACT). You can go to www.collegeboard.com or something to get them. you'll have to end up calling them to verify your identity i believe.
you can also go to the collegeboard website and if you remember the email you used to sign-up, they will send you your username and password... that's what I did at least :)

you can also go to the collegeboard website and if you remember the email you used to sign-up, they will send you your username and password... that's what I did at least :)
i didnt even write them, is that a big deal?:confused:

i didnt even write them, is that a big deal?:confused:
I don't think so... I kinda thought they might be doing this for statistical purposes or something, especially because they have a BS/MD program with PSU.... maybe they want to compare numbers? idk

I don't have a LOR from chemistry professor. Do you guys think it would be okay to subsitute another Bio one? Why is their LOR requirements so weird?

I don't have a LOR from chemistry professor. Do you guys think it would be okay to subsitute another Bio one? Why is their LOR requirements so weird?
they are very flexible on the lor reqs. As long as you have like 3 science and 1 non sci they are basically ok with it. Email/call to double check but this is what they told me a month or so back when i asked.

they are very flexible on the lor reqs. As long as you have like 3 science and 1 non sci they are basically ok with it. Email/call to double check but this is what they told me a month or so back when i asked.

Thanks man!

Yes. Secondary received and fees paid. Only need to send in those damn LORs.

so you really need to get your schools to send them your transcript via email?

Please tell me I am not the ONLY person who has still not gotten a secondary email....

Seriously, am I the only one who hasn't gotten this secondary? Oh well, one less to work on today???

how are you guys getting your SAT scores? my college wouldn't give them to me over the phone :(

how are you guys getting your SAT scores? my college wouldn't give them to me over the phone :(
I just left it blank i dont think it matters...a few people listed a few ways above. I doubt its going to matter whether or not you write something like that down.

My unofficial transcript from my undergraduate institution actually has the SAT scores listed.

I just left it blank i dont think it matters...a few people listed a few ways above. I doubt its going to matter whether or not you write something like that down.

it's so weird that they want it!! like, i got into college, doesn't that mean it was good enough? lol

wait so do we have to send out a transcript right now to them? even though it's going to say what was on the amcas app?

wait so do we have to send out a transcript right now to them? even though it's going to say what was on the amcas app?
wth is all this about transcripts im confused...why would we even send them in?:confused:

I think transcripts are for those who are accepted, I doubt they want new ones if you haven't taken any classes since you submitted AMCAS.

And to the post enough, no you are not the only one, I haven't received it either :-( It might have to do with exact verification date......or its the batch process that all schools seem to be using.

I'm worried about the letter of recommendation from 3 science professors, how are you suppose to have all those, plus the humanities, plus have work-related ones for other schools. This is absolutely ridiculous.

I think transcripts are for those who are accepted, I doubt they want new ones if you haven't taken any classes since you submitted AMCAS.

And to the post enough, no you are not the only one, I haven't received it either :-( It might have to do with exact verification date......or its the batch process that all schools seem to be using.

I'm worried about the letter of recommendation from 3 science professors, how are you suppose to have all those, plus the humanities, plus have work-related ones for other schools. This is absolutely ridiculous.

They said, "if possible". I wouldn't worry about it if you don't have them.

Hey guys, I got two questions.
1. I thought i submitted the secondary just now by pressing the submit button. What do they mean by submit by conventional mail?

2. How many and what kind of LORs do they need. I cant find the requirements anywhere

thanks

The status page says Letters not received. Anyone's status say their LORs are received?

Hey guys, I got two questions.
1. I thought i submitted the secondary just now by pressing the submit button. What do they mean by submit by conventional mail?

2. How many and what kind of LORs do they need. I cant find the requirements anywhere

1. That's for people who don't want to submit electronically.

2. The requirements they state are 1 bio, 1 physics, 1 chem, and 1 humanities. They're pretty lenient.

The status page says Letters not received. Anyone's status say their LORs are received?

Nope.

1. That's for people who don't want to submit electronically.

2. The requirements they state are 1 bio, 1 physics, 1 chem, and 1 humanities. They're pretty lenient.

Nope.

I only got letters from 2 bio profs and one business along with two doctors. will that be alright?

Nope, submitted two days ago, my letters are already up on aamc. Still haven't been uploaded by them yet. Cmon I want to be complete

The payment options confuse me.

- I do not have an AMCAS fee waiver, however I am requesting a fee waiver and will send a letter from my school Financial Aid Officer stating my eligibility. I am submitting a $ 35.00 processing fee. I understand that this fee is Non-Refundable.

-
I am submitting my application and the $ 80.00 application fee via the web to activate my application for the 2010 academic year (Preferred Payment Method). I understand that this fee is Non-Refundable.

So what happens if I DO have the AMCAS fee waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.