2009-2010 Jefferson Medical College Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The payment options confuse me.

So what happens if I DO have the AMCAS fee waiver?
it shouldbe noted/you should be able to note it on the app. I had it and I submitted fine as it already had confirmation of my waiver.

Members don't see this ad.

Ok so this is a weird app. If I have a committee letter (with 2 science LOR, 1 humanities, 1 research, 1 MD) then I should be fine, right?

Also...anyone have ideas on what to put in the 500-character box?

it shouldbe noted/you should be able to note it on the app. I had it and I submitted fine as it already had confirmation of my waiver.

Did you apply online or by paper (pdf)?

Because I only have those 2 options when applying online. I checked with both firefox and IE.

But the PDF version has additional options for people with fee waivers.

What do you mean "it already had confirmation of [your] waiver"?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Did you apply online or by paper (pdf)?

Because I only have those 2 options when applying online. I checked with both firefox and IE.

But the PDF version has additional options for people with fee waivers.

What do you mean "it already had confirmation of [your] waiver"?

Thanks!

When I logged in it just said they already received my waiver...i applied online. Were you approved for FAP before you started/submitted your application?

When I logged in it just said they already received my waiver...i applied online. Were you approved for FAP before you started/submitted your application?

I was approved before I received the Jefferson secondary, but not before I sent my AMCAS application. Perhaps that's the reason. I'll call them to find out.

I was approved before I received the Jefferson secondary, but not before I sent my AMCAS application. Perhaps that's the reason. I'll call them to find out.
If you are not approved before you submit the application often schools will not allow you to use to FAP wavier, if they do allow it, you will have to mail it to them for verification.

If you are not approved before you submit the application often schools will not allow you to use to FAP wavier, if they do allow it, you will have to mail it to them for verification.

Ah, I see. Thanks.

Did all of you guys get your secondary right after you were AMCAS verified? I have been for 4 days now and I haven't gotten it. I dunno if I should call or something or if its not a big deal

Yeah, I got it ~2 days after the info dump.

Did all of you guys get your secondary right after you were AMCAS verified? I have been for 4 days now and I haven't gotten it. I dunno if I should call or something or if its not a big deal

I got it a week after the data dump. I wouldn't worry about it at 4 days... they might send them out weekly. Wait until Tuesday, and then start to be concerned.

hey guys!
i will be starting at jeffmed in august & i just wanted to let you all know that when i filled out my secondary for them, i didnt include my SAT scores or write anything in the optional section. so dont freak out if you have nothing to put there... i didnt and it worked out for me! but seriously, listen to what bacchus said... i was accepted at pcom too and was planning to go there, but wrote jeff a few letters and called a few times & got in there. dont be annoying before your interviewed...but if you get an interview, bug them as soon as its over! its worth it!

For those of you that have received your secondary, can you please post the essay prompts and the character/word limit? Thank you in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you that have received your secondary, can you please post the essay prompts and the character/word limit? Thank you in advance!

no essays. i submitted mine about 3 minutes after receiving it.

i think it was just optional and some 300-500 words to talk about anything.

How long did it take between when amcas processed your app to when you received the secondary?

How much time was there between when AMCAS completed your application and when you received the secondary?

How much time was there between when AMCAS completed your application and when you received the secondary?

Would have been nice to have someone do my application for me. Jokes aside, I understand what you mean and it took about a week for them to send the secondary. So...

AMCAS App Sent to Medical Schools - June 24
Secondary received - July 1

i got my email and submitted the application the same day. i was reading the previous posts about LORs, do we have to send them in again or are they getting them from AMCAS?

also, the letters to update them on what you've done..like postal letter or email letter?

thanks!

i got my email and submitted the application the same day. i was reading the previous posts about LORs, do we have to send them in again or are they getting them from AMCAS?

also, the letters to update them on what you've done..like postal letter or email letter?

thanks!

Just submit them to AMCAS. If your other schools have been getting them, Maryland will too.

I think schools prefer you to wait till after interviews to get update letters of intent, but I could be wrong. Honestly, if you have not called them yet, just call and see when they prefer to have those kinds of things sent.

EDIT: Jefferson Rather =P

Last edited:
They ask if you have been convicted of a crime other than traffic, but amcas did as well so I'm confused with how I should go about it. Should I just say something like the only thing was the one I put on amcas, or should I explain it again?

They ask if you have been convicted of a crime other than traffic, but amcas did as well so I'm confused with how I should go about it. Should I just say something like the only thing was the one I put on amcas, or should I explain it again?

Copy and paste from AMCAS :)

im confused as to whether were supposed to send final transcripts to jefferson

II. Letters of Recommmendation are to be transmitted via AMCAS only. Please review with AMCAS their letter transmission policy at www.aamc.org/students/amcas. Do not submit letters of recommendation to Jefferson Medical College.
Please have your school Registrars send final transcript electronically to [email protected].

is this only if you dont have a committee letter??

im confused as to whether were supposed to send final transcripts to jefferson

II. Letters of Recommmendation are to be transmitted via AMCAS only. Please review with AMCAS their letter transmission policy at www.aamc.org/students/amcas. Do not submit letters of recommendation to Jefferson Medical College.
Please have your school Registrars send final transcript electronically to [email protected].

is this only if you dont have a committee letter??

I want to know this too

wow. you... crossed a line.

who was the one talking about my mom in the first place? That was pretty sensitive issue for me, you know.:rolleyes:

But let's keep this on the 2014 thread, shall we?:D

who was the one talking about my mom in the first place? That was pretty sensitive issue for me, you know.:rolleyes:

But let's keep this on the 2014 thread, shall we?:D
I'm glad there's some background to this little tiff, because I was like what is going on here?!

I am going to explain how I found and why I am interested in Jefferson in that optional essay.

why is Jefferson so difficult? I called up my school's registrar and they told me they ONLY mail out official transcripts.

did anybody send Jefferson their transcripts yet?

why is Jefferson so difficult? I called up my school's registrar and they told me they ONLY mail out official transcripts.

I think that that is for when you get accepted and matriculate.

i emailed them and they said that you school can also mail them if that is the only possibility.

I also left that optional essay blank. I figured if they really wanted to know why we chose Jeff, they would have just asked it.

does every applicant have to do this? or only those without a committee letter??

wait, so no need to send a transcript unless you are accepted, right?

If the status page says that all of your items are in and have a "yes" next to them, does that mean you are complete? Or do they send you an email?

It says that my LORs have been received but that my secondary has not been submitted even though I submitted electronically on July 16. Is anyone else experiencing that problem or should I be worried?

Hey all, I submitted my secondary application about two weeks ago and my letters got put received by AMCAS last week, but Jefferson still hasn't got them yet. Does anyone know how long they usually take to update the letters? It is the last thing I need before this app is complete so I am hoping it is soon.

Hey all, I submitted my secondary application about two weeks ago and my letters got put received by AMCAS last week, but Jefferson still hasn't got them yet. Does anyone know how long they usually take to update the letters? It is the last thing I need before this app is complete so I am hoping it is soon.
It took like 2 weeks for me, honestly though LORS are the one thing you dont need to worry about. If they are on amcas and you assigned them on amcas, they will get them its just a matter of time, 2k+ apps take a while to get through ;). I wouldnt worry at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.