2009-2010 Saint Louis Unversity (SLU) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was told 4-6 weeks from your interview you would here by mail and email.

Interviewed Sep 22, so not long now for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Got an invite yesterday! Hope I'll do better this time around....

Ok, I have a friend who just finished an interview here (she claims anyway).

Apparently, her interviewer reminded her of Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch..

Not sure if that's a good thing.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, I have a friend who just finished an interview here (she claims anyway).

Apparently, her interviewer reminded her of Huggy Bear from Starsky and Hutch..

Not sure if that's a good thing.
You don't believe your friend?

I didn't! :( Maybe they don;t really want me and this interview is just a big joke

it's ok, this way they're not wasting money when they give you the exact same thing at the interview.

They also had pens and little luggage markers that said SLU on them. First free stuff from an interview, about time!

hey guys, if someone can answer these questions, that'll be awesome:

How far is the medical school from downtown? or is it in downtown?
How far it the school from the airport (in terms of a taxi ride)?

Thanks so much!!

hey guys, if someone can answer these questions, that'll be awesome:

How far is the medical school from downtown? or is it in downtown?
How far it the school from the airport (in terms of a taxi ride)?

Thanks so much!!

Taxi's kinda expensive, it's pretty convenient to use the metro rail thing and then take the school shuttle.

Damn. I only certified my app yesterday :(

Members don't see this ad :)
would any current student at SLUSOM please send me a PM? I have a couple of questions.

thanks

Taxi's kinda expensive, it's pretty convenient to use the metro rail thing and then take the school shuttle.

Do you have any additional info on the metro rail thing? I'll be flying into st louis soon and am trying to plan ahead. :)

Thanks! Guess I should have googled that myself, but if anyone has any tips on the shuttle/hotels/interview day or anything else, feel free to share. :)

I took a cab from the interview to the airport cause I was worried I would miss my flight. It was about $30

hey, i'm trying to figure out some of the active clubs/student organizations on campus at SLUSOM. but their website is really confusing. can anyone that has this info please share or contact me?

thanks

I took a cab from the interview to the airport cause I was worried I would miss my flight. It was about $30

Hey, how long did it take you to get from your interview to the airport via taxi? I'm flying straight to NYC from St. Louis, and I don't want to book a flight I can't catch.

Also, did your interview end "promptly" at 1:00pm?

hey guys.. I have been complete since 8/26.. still nothing. Is this a good sign?

Interview invite this morning!! I'm excited & nervous. Wasn't expecting this at all. OOS. Complete 8/31. I scheduled for 11/9, although they did have earlier dates (including one date at end of October) for those who are wondering.

They have a student lodging program too, so I'm hoping to work something out with that. :)

Interview invite this morning!! I'm excited & nervous. Wasn't expecting this at all. OOS. Complete 8/31. I scheduled for 11/9, although they did have earlier dates (including one date at end of October) for those who are wondering.

They have a student lodging program too, so I'm hoping to work something out with that. :)

Congrats!! But hey do you mind sharing your stats because I was complete around the same time and haven't heard anything back yet.

Last edited:
Editing my stats to ranges for now: uGPA < 3.65, MCAT > 34, post bacc 4.0

Last edited:
hey guys.. I have been complete since 8/26.. still nothing. Is this a good sign?

I don't think I would call that a "good sign," but it is not the end of the world. I was complete at SLU around mid-July, and I haven't heard anything from them either. I am starting to wonder if I should call them and see if my stuff got lost or if they just hate me. What do you all think, should I call them and ask why they hate me so much?

I don't think I would call that a "good sign," but it is not the end of the world. I was complete at SLU around mid-July, and I haven't heard anything from them either. I am starting to wonder if I should call them and see if my stuff got lost or if they just hate me. What do you all think, should I call them and ask why they hate me so much?

sure, can you ask about me too?

I submitted SLU 7/31 and still haven't heard from them. God dammit, don't string me along.

What do you all think, should I call them and ask why they hate me so much?

First of all, this reminds the Druggachusetts sketch from Mr. Show.
"Why do you hate me?" and "Remember kids, only take what you can handle and always know your dealer!"

Secondly, have hope early completes!
Complete: 7/28
Invite: 10/13
Interview: 11/3

So SLU lets you know who your interviewer is beforehand, which is pretty cool, but I just looked at my interviewer and it's the freaking Dean of Admissions, which just spiked up my anxiety level by like 100%.

Any current students poking around this thread willing to let me PM them questions about the scool? :)

So SLU lets you know who your interviewer is beforehand, which is pretty cool, but I just looked at my interviewer and it's the freaking Dean of Admissions, which just spiked up my anxiety level by like 100%.

Any current students poking around this thread willing to let me PM them questions about the scool? :)
you are welcome to shoot...i had an interview there a few weeks ago. :) also, i'm from the st. louis area, so if you have any questions about the city, i'd be happy to help with those too!

Hey, how long did it take you to get from your interview to the airport via taxi? I'm flying straight to NYC from St. Louis, and I don't want to book a flight I can't catch.

Also, did your interview end "promptly" at 1:00pm?

I don't remember exactly how long it took... not too long, maybe 20/25 minutes? My interview did end on time, but it was a long way from the admissions office where I left my luggage. I'd say I left SLU at 2:20ish and I made my 3:45 flight with time to spare. I guess there is a cab company right around the corner - if you ask in admissions they have a phone you can use with the cab number right on it. They were there within 3 minutes of my getting outside. Hope that helps!

Any current students lurking in this thread? Any of you interview before Oct 15th last year? Just wondering how nervous I should be tomorrow! Also, did you hear by email? Phone?

Any current students lurking in this thread? Any of you interview before Oct 15th last year? Just wondering how nervous I should be tomorrow! Also, did you hear by email? Phone?

not a current student, but a fellow hopeful...they told us/website says email. They also told me (though I was one of the first interview days, if not the first) to expect to hear the first day, but he mentioned the 16th. Idk if it was a mistake, or that's the first day SLU sends out notifications, but :xf:

To calimed, you will have an awesome time with Dr. Willmore. He was a great interviewer! We talked a lot about my family and just hobbies and stuff, which really put me at ease.

not a current student, but a fellow hopeful...they told us/website says email. They also told me (though I was one of the first interview days, if not the first) to expect to hear the first day, but he mentioned the 16th. Idk if it was a mistake, or that's the first day SLU sends out notifications, but :xf:

To calimed, you will have an awesome time with Dr. Willmore. He was a great interviewer! We talked a lot about my family and just hobbies and stuff, which really put me at ease.

i hope i get that email tomorrow! waiting one more day seems like torture

what?! is it the 15th or 16th?

They also told us the 16th, but I was hoping he had the date confused! Maybe they don't send acceptances til then, although I'm not sure why that would be. So maybe I shouldn't freak out every time my phone buzzes tomorrow... but I probably still will!

I am planing to add this school to my AMCAS, is there any point now, or it is useless?

I think SLU is relatively non-rolling so it might be okay.

Just got accepted!! My first one :) interviewed on 9/22 I think. Good luck to everyone else!

My first post interview rejection. I have to say that I am shocked as I thought my interview went well and I was very confident in my competativeness at this school.

Kind of validates the fear I have had that all those interviews I thought went well were just me being delusional.

Well, waiting still waiting to hear from 2 other schools today. Hopefully things improve because I am feeling very low right now.

Anyone from the 10/6 interview day hear anything yet? Nothing for me so far. I guess no news is better than a rejection.

Xmsr3: Your post makes me nervous as I had the same confident feelings about SLU after my interview.

I interviewed on 9/29, and Ive gotten nothing. Anyone gotten anything from my date?

Just got an acceptance email! I interviewed on 9/21. Good luck everyone!

I got an acceptance email today as well! I actually am a reapplicant and didn't have to reinterview this year. Best of luck to everyone!

I'm in :biglove: Naturally couldn't be happier, I really loved it when I interviewed, though the price still scares me off a bit.

Good luck to those still waiting for interviews or decisions. I interviewed the very first day possible, so hopefully your turn will come! :luck:

I am in too! Same situation as Aeoukn. going here unless I get in in-state or some magical unexpected scholarship somewhere comparable. So excited!!!!

I got an acceptance email today as well! I actually am a reapplicant and didn't have to reinterview this year. Best of luck to everyone!

Wait, did you defer last year? I think reapplicants generally still have to re-interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.