2009-2010 University of Texas Galveston (UTMB) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For those of you who are still hoping for Dec. 4th interviews, I'm sorry to say that there will be no more given unless people drop out of the interviews. I called the admissions lady and they said all have been given out. :(

Members don't see this ad.

I prematched at UTMB and already have received my acceptance letter, but it still hasn't shown up on TMDSAS....is this happening to anyone else? I read that earlier that it has been an issue but wanted to know if anyone had the prematch showing up on TMDSAS.

Thanks!

The same thing has happened to me, but everything seems to be in order otherwise. I have received my snail mail paperwork and continue to receive e-mails. A friend of mine called TMDSAS who said that it takes a while for everything to show up. If it's not up in the next week or two, I would call and ask about it.

The same thing has happened to me, but everything seems to be in order otherwise. I have received my snail mail paperwork and continue to receive e-mails. A friend of mine called TMDSAS who said that it takes a while for everything to show up. If it's not up in the next week or two, I would call and ask about it.

It will show up eventually. I prematched on the 13th and mine just showed up on TMDSAS today.

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine showed up yesterday...I'm good all around. I sent back all my paper work so I should be good to go now. TMDSAS seems to be slow at times. I called UTMB a few days ago and they said they had some trouble uploading there prematches but as long as you had the paperwork you were fine.

For those of you who are still hoping for Dec. 4th interviews, I'm sorry to say that there will be no more given unless people drop out of the interviews. I called the admissions lady and they said all have been given out. :(

Was December 4th the last interview date? Thanks

I am withdrawing my application from UTMB...hopefully my spot goes to one of you very deserving candidates ^_^ Best of luck to all of you!

declined my offer - good luck to those of you waiting!

Gracias!

but i wonder...declining the offer really doesn't impact the number of prematches they give out...right?! i have no idea??

but it's nice to know people are being courteous instead of holding onto them till January! :)

I know some schools try to fill their class through pre-match, so I guess maybe they they will give a few more offers to try to fill their class? Maybe not =/

I know some schools try to fill their class through pre-match, so I guess maybe they they will give a few more offers to try to fill their class? Maybe not =/

well what happens i think is that schools give out more prematch offers than the seats they actually have..they know people will withdraw
so a class of 230 would give out ~300 acceptances bc they know at least 70 student will withdraw

Members don't see this ad :)
Just curious, those that are declining their UTMB offers, where are you going over UTMB? No real reason, just curious.

I'm currently holding onto my UTSW offer, and it's very likely that I'll be going there in the fall :)

Just wondering,

Has anyone on here been pre-matched this cycle after interviewing on Nov 20th?

Also, did anyone pre-match/match last year after interviewing after the first set of pre-matches went out?

Thanks!

Just wondering,

Has anyone on here been pre-matched this cycle after interviewing on Nov 20th?

Also, did anyone pre-match/match last year after interviewing after the first set of pre-matches went out?

Thanks!

yeah so i interviewed on Nov 20
i called and asked when those pre match offers will be sent and they said prob. 2nd week of Dec.
so yes you can pre match

Hey guys I started an official UTMB class of 2014 group on facebook. If you have decided to head to UTMB next fall, feel free to join.

This school is my first choice I hope I get in. I interviewed October 23. I hope they send out another batch of acceptance letters and emails next week:xf:. I guess it might be Friday like last time.

Did anyone receive an email from UTMB today about scheduling a second look due to inclement weather during some of the interview sessions???

Did anyone receive an email from UTMB today about scheduling a second look due to inclement weather during some of the interview sessions???

Yeah, I did. Not sure if it is for pre-match accepted only.

Yeah, I did. Not sure if it is for pre-match accepted only.

I don't think it was for pre match accepted only because at the bottom it stated they were still sending out pre match offers.

do y'all think prematches will be sent out tomorrow?
waiting around is getting old

I got this (and was at an interview where we were not able to have a real tour) and I'm debating whether I should go. I grew up in Galveston and have actually been on tours of UTMB before. Plus I really need to avoid taking off more work. Do you guys think it would look better to go ahead and sign up and go? Will it look bad to admissions to not go? Just wondering what you guys were thinking!

do y'all think prematches will be sent out tomorrow?
waiting around is getting old

I hope so, let us know!

I got this (and was at an interview where we were not able to have a real tour) and I'm debating whether I should go. I grew up in Galveston and have actually been on tours of UTMB before. Plus I really need to avoid taking off more work. Do you guys think it would look better to go ahead and sign up and go? Will it look bad to admissions to not go? Just wondering what you guys were thinking!

I honestly doubt it will make any difference to an adcom, I would be surprised to find out they even knew about the event, let alone who attended (or not) and why.

Great, thanks! I really really really hope I get in to UTMB!!

Yeah I was wondering the same thing, but I actually interviewed on a beautiful day and did the tour, and while I wouldn't mind seeing the school again, I don't want to spend the money to go down there without an acceptance in hand. And also my husband and I would have to both take off work... and there's no point showing him a school I don't know if I'm accepted to :rolleyes:

Honestly, they're probably just trying to be courteous and fair, not gauge who's really super interested.

Anyone hear anything today?

Nada. And now the weekend of an empty inbox begins again... Though, it does make weekends less stressful because I can't imagine anything would be sent out then.

Monday, maybe? :rolleyes:

Nada. And now the weekend of an empty inbox begins again... Though, it does make weekends less stressful because I can't imagine anything would be sent out then.

Monday, maybe? :rolleyes:

I know what you mean.

However, the other side of it is that its another 2 WHOLE days before anything could actually happen.

Good Luck to you!

Anyone know when the first round of scholarships will be awarded to accepted applicants?

Anyone know when the first round of scholarships will be awarded to accepted applicants?

I dont know if OOS is different, but I emailed and she said she thought the committee was meeting this week or next. She did seem to think it would be before the Jan 15th deadline for us Texas folks.

I dont know if OOS is different, but I emailed and she said she thought the committee was meeting this week or next. She did seem to think it would be before the Jan 15th deadline for us Texas folks.

Thanks! I certainly hope that it's soon, because it is a huge factor in my decision

Does anybody know if they consider your entire application again when making offers after the interview? Or is it based only on your interview?

Thanks

When are the people that had Nov 20th interviews supposed to hear anything? do they tell you if u were rejected too?

someone needs to call and ask when they will be sent out!

I called towards the end of last week. They said some time this week - but they didn't really sound certain. They did say that they haven't sent out anything since the first batch.

I'm not really sure what the deal is.

I called towards the end of last week. They said some time this week - but they didn't really sound certain. They did say that they haven't sent out anything since the first batch.

I'm not really sure what the deal is.

And so begins a week of excessive email checking/refreshing and SDN checking. :laugh:

Gah, I want to go to UTMB so badly! :luck::luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.