2010-2011 University of California - Davis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Received an ACCEPTANCE TODAY! Woohooo :D

My top choice!

Praise Jesus, God is good. Hang in there all... there is always hope!

Congrats!! Yes He is Good!:):)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone found this year's match list for UC Davis? Thx! :)

Has anyone found this year's match list for UC Davis? Thx! :)

Its not posted yet, but some quick stats are
50% are doing primary care
75% are staying in California
80% ish got first choice
4/5 matched for derm
2/2 matched in ortho

thats all i know.

Congrats to everybody who has heard good news. It's a great feeling.

To those still waiting- I'm now a graduating fourth year medical student at U.C. Davis and I didn't actually get an acceptance the last week in June. UCD moves its admission process at GLACIAL speeds, but this means there's hope way later into the season than most schools.

For those moving to UCD in need of housing, I'm leaving a wonderful house that would be perfect for a couple (or even two friends). It's a 2BR/1BA house with front yard and back yard with patio in Elmhurst (the lovely neighborhood just north of the medical center). It's on V Street, which is nice and quiet and safe. The house is a 2 minute (literally) walk to the medical center and a 10 minute walk to the medical education building. It has a locked carport and external garage. The rent is $1,200 per month and it will be available on June 15th.

I have no vested interest in this place (I don't own it and my wife and I are leaving the area for residency), but I absolutely LOVE the landlady, who could not have been kinder or more fair and who didn't raise our rents in all four years we lived there. So I'd love to find a good tenant for her and med students tend to make great tenants.

PM me if you're interested and best of luck to those waiting. I HATED the waiting game and was one of the last people admitted to UCD, but I couldn't have been happier coming to medical school here.

Can any current med students comment on the chances of getting in off of the waitlist? I called the Admissions Office and the lady I spoke to said something about Davis "taking around 205 acceptances to fill the class". She also said that those numbers include waitlist acceptances.

What I don't understand is that the website states that 105 acceptance offers are made, and only 100 are placed on the waitlist. According to those numbers...everyone gets in off the waitlist!?

I feel like that's not true...and I'm confused...help?

The lady at the admissions office mentioned that about half the class gets in from the waitlist so.... fingers crossed?

Can any current med students comment on the chances of getting in off of the waitlist? I called the Admissions Office and the lady I spoke to said something about Davis "taking around 205 acceptances to fill the class". She also said that those numbers include waitlist acceptances.

What I don't understand is that the website states that 105 acceptance offers are made, and only 100 are placed on the waitlist. According to those numbers...everyone gets in off the waitlist!?

I am waiting anxiously too. I think the site means that they expect to accept about 100 off the waitlist, which is why it says decisions are after May 15.

They don't say how many people get waitlisted, but I would guess in the low to mid 200s. (Less than 200 and they'd risk running out of people; much more wouldn't match the numbers given how many they reject post-interview.) So the odds are better than most waitlists.

I just wish I knew what I could do. How do they decide who gets in if the list is unranked? Is it worth sending letters of intent/interest?

I feel that the person meant 105 people were accepted and 100 people were on the waitlist. Hence the 205 people that were not rejected.

A very large percentage of my class came in off the waitlist since they accept so few right off the bat - there will be a lot of movement come May 15th.

Members don't see this ad :)
just heard some good news .. waitlisted... rejected.. rewaitlisted.. then accepted! class of 2015!!!!!!:love::thumbup::thumbup:

just heard some good news .. waitlisted... rejected.. rewaitlisted.. then accepted! class of 2015!!!!!!:love::thumbup::thumbup:
Awesome congrats! :thumbup:

Did you find out first through email or phone call? I got an email asking for me to update some grades which makes me think that is a good sign. If they were going to reject me it would be random to have me update, right? :scared:

Did you find out first through email or phone call? I got an email asking for me to update some grades which makes me think that is a good sign. If they were going to reject me it would be random to have me update, right? :scared:
Back in November, they requested I update grades. It took me a while, I had to send the transcript three times, but after they got them, I was accepted.

I hope you hear good news after you update them :luck:.

Back in November, they requested I update grades. It took me a while, I had to send the transcript three times, but after they got them, I was accepted.

I hope you hear good news after you update them :luck:.

:thumbup: Thanks!

Wow, you had quite the emotional journey to get this point! I think you could use some beta-blockers and some beach time now ;) Congratulations!

I got a call! they never asked me to update grades... It was definitely an emotional roller coaster...but keep in the game!

Declined my acceptance. Hope it goes to someone here! Good luck everyone :luck:

A friend just got in off the waitlist. Things are moving.

got the call, in off the waitlist! things are def moving, yea buddy!

I just withdrew from my acceptance at UCD. It is a great school, and I hope someone on the waitlist gets my spot soon. :luck:

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Got the phone call!!! Accepted!

Any accepted students heard from financial aid yet?

ACCEEPPPTTEDDD!!! got the call this afternoon! Interviewed in September, waitlisted in october. Haven't heard anything since then... whooo this feels good. Best of luck to everyone still waiting :luck:

I'm in thailand right now and I got a google voice message from the director. I had to skype him 1am here to get the good news. Since Davis starts july 25th, I gotta cut my trip short haha.

see you all this fall.

I had been rejected post-interview, but now they've offered to put me on the waitlist. I'm confused, but not complaining!

Same thing happened to me. Rejected 2 weeks after interview. Un-rejected 2 weeks after that. And today put on waitlist...

Did admissions call to tell you that? I had been riding the "no news is good news" wave when six months of silence drove me to contact Ed Dagang directly. He said (as is apparent from previous posts) their notification system has been glitchy... and my application is no longer under consideration.

Ed told me I was unrejected and later asked me to verify a prereq. But I received an automated email today telling me I am waitlisted.

Ed told me I was unrejected and later asked me to verify a prereq. But I received an automated email today telling me I am waitlisted.

Sweet! As if the whole process hasn't been stressful enough. I hope it works out for you :)

It was an automated message sent at 1AM, so I'm thinking there's a good chance it's a glitch.

Yeah it was sent at 1AM PST. However, I just called and they confirmed that it was not an error. I am in fact waitlisted.

Got the call from Ed this afternoon!!! Interviewed October 15, waitlisted in January. Sooooo happy :)

Just curious, anyone still waiting for their financial aid package to be completed? I submitted all the necessary paperwork two weeks ago and still waiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.