2010-2011 University of South Alabama Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
spuddy10 - Are you planning to accept your invitation or are you holding out for another school?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the reply spuddy10 and congrats!

I was wondering if the people out there who are holding an acceptance and waiting for another school might post and let us know. It might help some of us gauge how much more movement we can expect and allow us to plan accordingly.

So go ahead if you don't mind, who out there is still holding an acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm withdrawing my application from South soon, I hope one of you nabs this spot.

I'm withdrawing my application from South soon, I hope one of you nabs this spot.

Thanks so much for letting us know! If you don't mind me asking, were you accepted to UAB and that is why you are withdrawing?

Thanks so much for letting us know! If you don't mind me asking, were you accepted to UAB and that is why you are withdrawing?

Yes

*Edit: I mean't withdrawing my acceptance not appiication, so a spot is definitely opening up.

Yes

*Edit: I mean't withdrawing my acceptance not appiication, so a spot is definitely opening up.

Congrats about UAB! Glad to see the middle tier moving over there as well. Are you withdrawing today or are you going to wait a few days?

I'm waiting until I get the official letter by snail mail. :thumbup: I'll let you all know the day I withdraw.

Good luck guys. :xf:

I'm waiting until I get the official letter by snail mail. :thumbup: I'll let you all know the day I withdraw.

Good luck guys. :xf:

Random question, mind if I ask what time you got the acceptance email yesterday? Thanks!

Any news lately about movement on the waitlist?

Any news lately about movement on the waitlist?

I think it's pretty much over. I'm guessing after fire89 drops, someone will get in, and we will here nothing more after that.

I'm just not sure I am buying that yet. I heard another story about a girl from Birmingham that was called last week and taken from the middle tier at UAB. She was holding a South acceptance and eventually chose south. I don't know this girl as well as the girl in my last story. I know it seems weird that the two stories are so similar, but I assure you they are true.

This has been such a strange year for waitlisters at Alabama schools and everything has been late. I really think the list will move at least one or two more after Fire89's spot is filled. Just my opinion though.

Is there anyone else out there who is holding an acceptance to south and waiting to hear from another school like UAB, Vanderbilt, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just not sure I am buying that yet. I heard another story about a girl from Birmingham that was called last week and taken from the middle tier at UAB. She was holding a South acceptance and eventually chose south. I don't know this girl as well as the girl in my last story. I know it seems weird that the two stories are so similar, but I assure you they are true.

This has been such a strange year for waitlisters at Alabama schools and everything has been late. I really think the list will move at least one or two more after Fire89's spot is filled. Just my opinion though.

Is there anyone else out there who is holding an acceptance to south and waiting to hear from another school like UAB, Vanderbilt, etc...

I am one of those people. I am accepted to South and waiting to hear from UAB.

Well we can always hope, it's just that it is like 14 days until UAB starts, and it seems unlikely that more than 1 person, if any, would drop at this point. It seems like it would be a lot of trouble to change cities and schools this late in the game. Who knows though.

Got accepted yesterday afternoon. Planning to withdraw from wait list at UAB and will be accepting my invitation to South. Keep the faith if you are still waiting! I had almost given up myself but there is still a month left and I expect a few more spots will open up before classes start.

elmo42, congrats!
just spoke with mark scott about wait list, etc and he gave me some hope. i believe he mentioned you, elmo42 when he mentioned someone who had multiple acceptances and would probably choose south. he gave me hope about still getting accepted so i am pleased with that, but i still feel very very nervous about everything. just praying that some people who are accepted at south get either accepted to uab or to their dream school. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!

Got accepted yesterday afternoon. Planning to withdraw from wait list at UAB and will be accepting my invitation to South. Keep the faith if you are still waiting! I had almost given up myself but there is still a month left and I expect a few more spots will open up before classes start.

Congrats!

Alternate List
Bk611 (Waiting, not on UAB waitlist)
eagle03 (Waiting, not on UAB waitlist)
BamaMed19 (Waiting, on Bottom 3rd at UAB)
jmb222 (Waiting, on Bottom 3rd at UAB)
OrangeJuice88
summerlovin6
AUGuy (Waiting, on Middle 3rd at UAB)
Keylime26 (Waiting, not on UAB waitlist)

Withdrawn Acceptance
aeea
Alienshards
Ditto1114
Premed3753
rroddy
Gnocchi Monster
Minhaj's friend

Waitlist withdrawal
AUpremed22
piper19
Tinsley Jr

Waitlist Acceptance
OrchidMD (6/2)-Phone call
YH5 (6/6)-Phone call
OdoyleRulez (6/15)-Phone call
elmo42(7/11)-Phone call

Last edited:
Congrats elmo! fire89, was that your withdrawal? If not, there is still another spot available soon right?

Bama Med, I did not get accepted, just spoke with him and got some hope, haha....you can add me back to the waitlist!

Oh my bad, I meant to put elmo there, haha. I'll edit it.

Im withdrawn already, elmo likely took my spot

Is anyone that got recently accepted looking for a roommate? I've had two situations fall through due to potential roommates changing their minds and going elsewhere for school. I have a deposit at The Retreat on Schillinger but i'm open for other places, too. Message me if you are interested.

I'm also looking for a roommate. I've rented an apartment at Stone Ridge at Somerby. Please message me if you are interested.

man, it really sucks that the 2 people accepted to UAB did not apply to south. is anyone else hopeful that they accepted more than those 2 people and that someone is going to withdraw from south sometime soon!? its getting awfully close to uab's first day....

I was accepted to UAB today! So I sent an e-mail withdrawing from South Alabama.

Mark Scott jUST called!!!!!!! Accepted!!!!!!!good luck to everyone else!!!!!!!

Congratulations jmb222! Try to enjoy your next few weeks:).

Alternate List
Bk611 (Waiting, not on UAB waitlist)
eagle03 (Waiting, not on UAB waitlist)
BamaMed19 (Waiting, on Bottom 3rd at UAB)
OrangeJuice88
summerlovin6
Keylime26 (Waiting, not on UAB waitlist)

Withdrawn Acceptance
aeea
Alienshards
Ditto1114
Premed3753
rroddy
Gnocchi Monster
Minhaj's friend
AUGuy

Waitlist withdrawal
AUpremed22
piper19
Tinsley Jr

Waitlist Acceptance
OrchidMD (6/2)-Phone call
YH5 (6/6)-Phone call
OdoyleRulez (6/15)-Phone call
elmo42(7/11)-Phone call
jmb222(7/20)-Phone call

Thanks everyone! I am now in the frantic search to find housing, if anyone needs a roomate, or knows anyone who needs a roomate, please let me know!!

Jmb222, Not sure if you got my PM because im on my phone but message me about a roommate if you're interested.

It's been done for a while, but today it's officially over, class is full. Good luck whether you're starting med school or about to redo this process again.

Status
Not open for further replies.