2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm on 5 waitlists (only this one is an FL school) and all but one has had virtually no movement. Everyone has been saying it seems slow.

Oh wow so other schools outside of FL have also had these issues

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothings confirmed, but it seems pretty slow on the other threads I'm following.
The best-case scenario would be that the fallout from the glitch of last week has not been resolved yet, and it is still slowing down the processing of most schools. The number of seats that will be offered to WL folks hasn't changed and everything has simply been delayed.

Any news you guys ?
Negative. Hoping they haven't met yet this week and are going to send out calls later. In the mean time, I am crunching out a bunch of mind-numbing analysis at work as a coping mechanism

Reactions: 1 user
@rufusthedog96 I think the silence is driving us all a bit insane lol. Are you able to share any info on if the WL is moving along as expected or if there has been delays/slowdowns? Any info would go a long way.

Reactions: 1 users
has anyone called them and asked about the status of the waitlists?

Not sure if this news will help vs hurt, but my friend knows someone that was taken off the waitlist yesterday--in-state. So waitlist movement is still occurring, albeit a bit slow.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure if this news will help vs hurt, but my friend knows someone that was taken off the waitlist yesterday--in-state. So waitlist movement is still occurring, albeit a bit slow.

It’s still something thank you for the update

Another day, another “waiting to see if someone on SDN gets off of the waitlist since there are probably others that have gotten off that don’t report on here”

Another day, another “waiting to see if someone on SDN gets off of the waitlist since there are probably others that have gotten off that don’t report on here”
Anecdotally a couple more people have been trickling into our admitted students group each day since May 1st, so there is definitely some movement happening

Anecdotally a couple more people have been trickling into our admitted students group each day since May 1st, so there is definitely some movement happening

Yeah that makes sense . I’m hoping I can get off but preparing for next cycle worst comes to worse. Hopefully there is still a lot of waitlist movement needing to be had

@rufusthedog96 I think the silence is driving us all a bit insane lol. Are you able to share any info on if the WL is moving along as expected or if there has been delays/slowdowns? Any info would go a long way.

Hey all-as far as I know, waitlist movement is happening. Movement is not done, historically continues into the summer months leading up to the start of the school year. It is happening essentially on a 1-1 basis, when someone drops their A, someone gets the A. The class is full, so spots cannot be given unless your fellow colleagues (holding multiple As, holding an A for USF while on the waitlist for another school they may prefer) drop theirs.

I know it's super nerve wrecking. I remember it even though I just graduated am I'm done now, hang in there. As always, inbox is open for DMs but please don't ask me if I can get you in, if I know your posiiton, etc etc because the answer is no unfortunately.

Hey all-as far as I know, waitlist movement is happening. Movement is not done, historically continues into the summer months leading up to the start of the school year. It is happening essentially on a 1-1 basis, when someone drops their A, someone gets the A. The class is full, so spots cannot be given unless your fellow colleagues (holding multiple As, holding an A for USF while on the waitlist for another school they may prefer) drop theirs.

I know it's super nerve wrecking. I remember it even though I just graduated am I'm done now, hang in there. As always, inbox is open for DMs but please don't ask me if I can get you in, if I know your posiiton, etc etc because the answer is no unfortunately.

Have you seen a fair amount of people come off the waitlist in June or even July given that the class is full now and people maybe be waiting to get off of another waitlist.

Last edited:

Thank you for the update! This info helps a lot. Hope everything went well with your match!

For what it's worth, I moved off the waitlist day one and I heard one of my friend's friends got off as well.

Just got off the waitlist! (OOS, 516, 3.9x)

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Have you seen a fair amount of people come off the waitlist in June or even July given that the class is full now and people maybe be waiting to get off of another waitlist.
Yes-I know for a fact my year there were multiple people who received their A off the waitlist in late June/July

Reactions: 2 users
Yes-I know for a fact my year there were multiple people who received their A off the waitlist in late June/July
So if I have to commit to my acceptance before then and I potentially could’ve gotten in, I won’t be able to go to USF even though it’s my top choice? That’s so frustrating 😫

Is there a link to the discord or other chat for this class?

Could someone add me to the group chat? Accepted off the waitlist for SELECT on 5/15

Just withdrew my acceptance from SELECT, hope it goes to one of yall! Best of luck to everyone!

Just withdrew my CORE acceptance. Best of luck to those on the waitlist!

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Hello all. Full disclosure - I am NOT a student doctor. I am PennVet class of 2000 and a busy GP vet. However, my kid will be USF class of 2027 and I am trying to get an answer about the technical specs of the computer he brings with him - because I would like to buy him one! The documentation I found online says that a PC or Mac can be used but must be purchased after August 2022, and also must have a non-ARM intel CPU. But…. I checked and all of these computers are using Apple silicon only:

• MacBook Pro introduced in 2021 or later, plus MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
  • MacBook Air introduced in 2022 or later, plus MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
  • iMac introduced in 2021 or later
  • Mac mini introduced in 2020 or later

Only the Mac Pro still uses intel chips and that is NOT a student machine.

So is this a veiled way of saying the students are not allowed to use Macs or is this just an error in the specifications? Is anyone here a current student at USF Morsani who could advise? I sent an email to computerstore@usf but haven’t heard back.

Thanks.

Does anyone have any advice on anything else I can do to get off the waitlist? I have to commit to my current acceptance by this Friday. I love the school, but tbh USF has been my top choice since the beginning of all this so I’m kinda just like :/

Does anyone have any advice on anything else I can do to get off the waitlist? I have to commit to my current acceptance by this Friday. I love the school, but tbh USF has been my top choice since the beginning of all this so I’m kinda just like :/
you can try and email adcom about your situation about the CTE and send a LOI if you havent already

Sadly did both, they said to just make the best decision based on the info I have right now :/
Hey, so one of the schools I was accepted to sent an email that included the following line "Be aware, admissions offices have been strongly encouraged not to require an accepted student to CTE more than 3-4 weeks before matriculation". If I were you, I'd try to reach out to the school you're accepted to and ask if you can CTE at a later date. I'd also see if USF can let you know where in the waitlist you fall. If neither school budges, you definitely should CTE to the offer you have, since waitlist movement is so slim anywhere at this point.

Hey, so one of the schools I was accepted to sent an email that included the following line "Be aware, admissions offices have been strongly encouraged not to require an accepted student to CTE more than 3-4 weeks before matriculation". If I were you, I'd try to reach out to the school you're accepted to and ask if you can CTE at a later date. I'd also see if USF can let you know where in the waitlist you fall. If neither school budges, you definitely should CTE to the offer you have, since waitlist movement is so slim anywhere at this point.
Yea neither of them budged LOL oh well I’ve tried everything 🥲

Hello all. Full disclosure - I am NOT a student doctor. I am PennVet class of 2000 and a busy GP vet. However, my kid will be USF class of 2027 and I am trying to get an answer about the technical specs of the computer he brings with him - because I would like to buy him one! The documentation I found online says that a PC or Mac can be used but must be purchased after August 2022, and also must have a non-ARM intel CPU. But…. I checked and all of these computers are using Apple silicon only:

• MacBook Pro introduced in 2021 or later, plus MacBook Pro (13-inch, M1, 2020)
  • MacBook Air introduced in 2022 or later, plus MacBook Air (M1, 2020)
  • iMac introduced in 2021 or later
  • Mac mini introduced in 2020 or later

Only the Mac Pro still uses intel chips and that is NOT a student machine.

So is this a veiled way of saying the students are not allowed to use Macs or is this just an error in the specifications? Is anyone here a current student at USF Morsani who could advise? I sent an email to computerstore@usf but haven’t heard back.

Thanks.
Hi! I just finished my first year at USF MCOM. Macs are allowed! I use the new m2 air. Lmk if you have any questions

So just to confirm, if I’m trying to find a place to live that’s near the med school, I should be looking near that Channelside/Harbor Island area?

Committed to a different school and withdrew from waitlist! Good luck to everyone :)