2022-2023 University of South Florida (Morsani)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just accepted to the SELECT program off the waitlist! Interviewed 10/17 and its my first acceptance!!
Congratulations!! Did you submit an LOI?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Acceptance call just now SELECT! Interviewed in January

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Well at least it’s only Day 1. Maybe there will be even more movement tomorrow since it’s getting later today

It makes me so nervous that we haven’t heard of more movement in here, especially since the school is none for a lot of it

Do you think they are? That’s what I was thinking as well but I don’t know
Well the CTE deadline was Monday since April 30 was a weekend. So I am hoping 2-3 days to sort through and decide how to proceed is to be expected.

That said, this mostly me figuring out how to manage my anxiety while prepping my reapp and working. Soo could be completely incorrect.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I totally feel that . I’m trying to busy myself at work and not focus on this too much

Very much hoping that no news is good news in this situation lol

"There appears to be a glitch in the CYMS tool for schools.
This is likely to slow processing of alternate lists until it is fixed."

Quoted from @gyngyn in the waitlist support thread. Could be part of the reason for the silence.

Reactions: 2 users
"There appears to be a glitch in the CYMS tool for schools.
This is likely to slow processing of alternate lists until it is fixed."

Quoted from @gyngyn in the waitlist support thread. Could be part of the reason for the silence.

Yup I just tried to call AAMC and they are in a department meeting

Current M3 in the Select program (currently in Allentown), happy to answer any questions about MCOM or med school in general because I'm procrastinating. Feel free to post here or DM.

Current M3 in the Select program (currently in Allentown), happy to answer any questions about MCOM or med school in general because I'm procrastinating. Feel free to post here or DM.
How many people usually get off the waitlist for SELECT?

Do you know how many people are in the SELECT and CORE program? Do both programs make up the 182 people for the incoming class or are they both separate ?

Do you know how many people are in the SELECT and CORE program? Do both programs make up the 182 people for the incoming class or are they both separate ?
The Select cohort is 60ish and the Core cohort is the remaining 120ish. I'm not sure what the initial target number is for each cohort upon admission. Over the four years of med school the numbers will vary slightly as people shift between classes (taking a research year, for example).

The two cohorts are together for two years in Tampa, and then separate for two years. During the two years in Tampa the two groups have almost exactly the same experience (just one "Select" session per week that is separate).

Any CORE acceptances off the waitlist today and yesterday y’all ? I can’t tell if the glitch means USF really hasn’t moved the list or if I shouldn’t assume since SDN is such a small pool

Graduations are also going on right now (I’m going to one today lol) so some of the committee may be involved in those

Accepted CORE 5/1 off the WL, just withdrew. Hope it goes to someone here

Reactions: 7 users
The silence in this thread worries me since this schools is supposed to be known for big waitlist movements

The silence in this thread worries me since this schools is supposed to be known for big waitlist movements
emoji88.png
Agreed. Its mildly unnerving:(

It makes me wonder if the class is full or not. I didn’t think it was
Yeah me neither. I'm gonna give myself this week to hold on to some hope, then it'll be time to assume I'm not getting in and start reapplying 🙃

Reactions: 1 users
So, this might just be me trying to cope but UCF seemingly hasn't even gotten through their top 1/6th of their waitlist and they have always gotten through about 1/2 of their waitlist. Things could still just be moving slow from the glitch, but again this is just me trying to not stress too much :whistle:

So, this might just be me trying to cope but UCF seemingly hasn't even gotten through their top 1/6th of their waitlist and they have always gotten through about 1/2 of their waitlist. Things could still just be moving slow from the glitch, but again this is just me trying to not stress too much :whistle:

Are you also in their waitlist as well?

Oh wow I’m really sorry . USF is my only possible acceptance so I didn’t even think how others might be on another Florida school list as well. I know it sucks when both schools have been slow/ silent. Were you leaning more towards UCF or USF?

per MSAR, waitlist length is not disclosed, movement not disclosed. All they say is you can be pulled until the first day of classes (based on their website, this appears to be 7/24)

From skimming the SDN threads of the other FL schools, I think it's been pretty slow across the board, but I don't know for sure. The SDN user base, of course, is not totally reflective of everyone who's applying, so it's possible a good number of these schools have had movement outside of SDN folks. In any case, not much we can do aside from pray/manifest.

From skimming the SDN threads of the other FL schools, I think it's been pretty slow across the board, but I don't know for sure. The SDN user base, of course, is not totally reflective of everyone who's applying, so it's possible a good number of these schools have had movement outside of SDN folks. In any case, not much we can do aside from pray/manifest.
I'm on 5 waitlists (only this one is an FL school) and all but one has had virtually no movement. Everyone has been saying it seems slow.