2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I submitted on October 1, confirmed on the 4th, and I'm still waiting to hear any news. When did you submit?

I submitted October 6th and confirmed on the 7th. How long you think we will be waiting ? are you OOS?

Members don't see this ad.

does morehouse send out complete emails or can you assume you're complete once your secondary is confirmed/submitted?

does morehouse send out complete emails or can you assume you're complete once your secondary is confirmed/submitted?

You check online and look for "completed" message there. :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
You check online and look for "completed" message there. :luck:

What website are you talking about looking at for the "completed message"? Is it the same one that tells you the dates of when you started and sent your secondary? My status says "Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed"

is that what you all mean by complete or does it actually say complete somewhere when it is?

What website are you talking about looking at for the "completed message"? Is it the same one that tells you the dates of when you started and sent your secondary? My status says "Payment accepted, data sent, received, and confirmed"

is that what you all mean by complete or does it actually say complete somewhere when it is?

Yes! So sorry, I'd done it a while ago. It posts the time and date that your application was confirmed. :luck:

You received an actual rejection letter without getting a secondary??

Yes. But to be fair.. I just added them about 2 months after the rest of my schools. I wasn't too keen on going to GA anyway! :p

does anyone know when the first batch of acceptances will go out?

I thought they said 6 weeks at my interview, but I'm not sure. That would put it around mid November. Hopefully it's sooner though.

I submitted October 6th and confirmed on the 7th. How long you think we will be waiting ? are you OOS?

I have no idea! I wish there was a way to know. I'm from FL, and you? any other interviews so far?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the secondary!
Yaaaay!!!

Now back to writing my essay

Anyone completed on 09/20 received an interview invite?:(

Anyone completed on 09/20 received an interview invite?:(

hey there ClemenDoc. I was complete 9/23 and received one just recently...I wouldn't fret yet. they have a ton of applications coming in and they are slowly but surely getting through them all. stay positive :)

complete 10/17 and II 10/19 super fast super excited :):)

WHOA congrats! that was a super fast response..I was complete on the 9-29 and still havent heard yet? Has anyone complete around that time heard anything?

submitted 9/19, and called on 9/29 and said complete.

So we got silent rejections? hopefully not...

submitted 9/19, and called on 9/29 and said complete.

So we got silent rejections? hopefully not...

yea hopefully not.. i sent my secondary on 10/12, it was confirmed on 10/14 and i called sometime last week to ask if i was complete and they said i was as well.

hey there ClemenDoc. I was complete 9/23 and received one just recently...I wouldn't fret yet. they have a ton of applications coming in and they are slowly but surely getting through them all. stay positive :)

Thank you for the response. Congrats on your invite and good luck.

Yea, I sent my amcas app in October 10, secondary in a few days later and got an interview for november

Also, they just started a Post-bacc program. I applied last year and never heard anything about a rejection until early summer...then they sent a invite to the PB. Hope is still alive...plus the interview season just started

WHOA congrats! that was a super fast response..I was complete on the 9-29 and still havent heard yet? Has anyone complete around that time heard anything?

Thanks :) i was super surprised myself considering my stats arent the best!! but i think its important to show the school youre interested so if you havent heard i would call/email to ask the status!! also i know they prefer ga residents!

Submitted my secondary yesterday and complete today. Please please please show me some loooooove Morehouse.:xf:

Hello all! I am an MS1 at MSM. Whoever said if you skip class you are screwed is misinformed. It is different for everyone, but for me personally, if I attend every lecture , I will be screwed for exams, because there is virtually not enough time in the day to attend all lectures, and then study for hours afterward. Like I said it is different for everyone; some people attend all lectures and that works for them, but not attending lectures most of the time works for me. Let me know if you have any more questions!

The courses are Basic Principles of Human Biology (Summer Term), Organ Systems I-III (Full year), Fundamentals of Medicine I (Full year), and Community Health (Full year). BP encompasses biochemstry, genetics, physio, and toher introductory medical sciences. OS I-III encompasses anatomy and more physio. CH is a service learning course, and FOM1 is about developing skills as a clinician (Clinical Preceptorship is only 1 component of FOM1). We have an integrated curriculum, so there are not distinct courses like you may see at other medical schools.

So far, I think they quickly invite the ppl that interest/show major interest in th program...just keep that in mind if youre working on secondaries

So far, I think they quickly invite the ppl that interest/show major interest in th program...just keep that in mind if youre working on secondaries

My entire primary and secondary applications were built around my experience with and desire to go into primary care. I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm not so sure that's the case...

I hope that this doesn't come off as rude but.....Just because your primary and secondary are centered around a desire to go into primary care doesn't mean that you get an automatic qualification. You have got to know that everyone mentions it in their secondaries considering the school's mission. My advice would be to try to contact admissions and if your local, stop by the admissions office so they can put a face with your application.
As a first year, Morehouse is an awesome school and the new Dean is making lots of changes to make things even better.
I wish you all the best of luck this application cycle!

I hope that this doesn't come off as rude but.....Just because your primary and secondary are centered around a desire to go into primary care doesn't mean that you get an automatic qualification. You have got to know that everyone mentions it in their secondaries considering the school's mission. My advice would be to try to contact admissions and if your local, stop by the admissions office so they can put a face with your application.
As a first year, Morehouse is an awesome school and the new Dean is making lots of changes to make things even better.
I wish you all the best of luck this application cycle!

It does come off rude, but I get what you're saying. I was simply making a point to whoever posted that having an application in line with the schools mission and showing genuine interest in the program leads to a quick invite.

Sure it may not lead to a quick invite, but i kno for a fact that morehouse wants future leaders and those with a mission that is similar to theirs. I cant speak for the admissions but if they do screen then these apps would probably be pushed up near the top.

Does photo submission determine when your application is complete? Or will they review the app w/o the photo?

Does photo submission determine when your application is complete? Or will they review the app w/o the photo?

Good Question Determined10...I dont have a pic :(. Maybe I should print one off facebook...hmmmm

Elaborate please lol

Lol I couldn't find a copy of my favorite photo of me, so I found it on facebook. I printed it off and sent it. No, it wasn't me doing a keg stand or anything like that; although that could make me interesting for an interview.

Lol I couldn't find a copy of my favorite photo of me, so I found it on facebook. I printed it off and sent it. No, it wasn't me doing a keg stand or anything like that; although that could make me interesting for an interview.

Ha! Ok cool im going to do that then. Thanks

It does come off rude, but I get what you're saying. I was simply making a point to whoever posted that having an application in line with the schools mission and showing genuine interest in the program leads to a quick invite.

I apologize for coming off rude. They do want those that line up with the school's mission but they also accept some that don't profess their dedication to primary care.

When you get your interview, be genuine and confident and you'll be fine.

For those that haven't received a quck response, relax. When I applied (as an early admissions applicant submitted the first week AMCAS opened and was complete within a week) I didn't get an interview until October 1st. Quick is relative, lol. The consensus is that there were lots of people accepted from later interviews. Stay in contact with the school in the meantime (letters of interest, phone calls, and visits if possible), it works. Morehouse is worth the wait.

Good luck!

Ha! Ok cool im going to do that then. Thanks

Please make sure its a professional picture, your picture will be viewed by the admissions committee and makes an impression before you get to open your mouth. You want it to be a good impression and that you are taking this seriously. (I say this because none of my facebook pictures would qualify)

I apologize for coming off rude. They do want those that line up with the school's mission but they also accept some that don't profess their dedication to primary care.

When you get your interview, be genuine and confident and you'll be fine.

For those that haven't received a quck response, relax. When I applied (as an early admissions applicant submitted the first week AMCAS opened and was complete within a week) I didn't get an interview until October 1st. Quick is relative, lol. The consensus is that there were lots of people accepted from later interviews. Stay in contact with the school in the meantime (letters of interest, phone calls, and visits if possible), it works. Morehouse is worth the wait.

Good luck!

No worries- it's the internet. People aren't always conveyed as they are or as they intended (take it from somebody who got called a bsing troll on her first post here)

It's great to hear that Morehouse interviews for a while. They certainly seem to be very in line with my interests- I genuinely intend to go into primary care (peds in particular), so I would love to get an interview from a school that shares my goal.

love this school!!! :love::love:

Please make sure its a professional picture, your picture will be viewed by the admissions committee and makes an impression before you get to open your mouth. You want it to be a good impression and that you are taking this seriously. (I say this because none of my facebook pictures would qualify)

Most definitely!
I just dont want to send a passport pic, I wanted to send something with that showed that special twinkle in my eyes :D. Yeah I keep my facebook pics on the up and up, my family in JA are on my facebook and they would snatch me up quick fast and in a hurry if I put up something I or they would be ashamed of (regardless of the fact that I am older than 25:smuggrin:). So no worries, its a nice picture.

Thank you for the advice!

Most definitely!
I just dont want to send a passport pic, I wanted to send something with that showed that special twinkle in my eyes :D. Yeah I keep my facebook pics on the up and up, my family in JA are on my facebook and they would snatch me up quick fast and in a hurry if I put up something I or they would be ashamed of (regardless of the fact that I am older than 25:smuggrin:). So no worries, its a nice picture.

Thank you for the advice!

Thank goodness we recently took family pictures. I had on a white sweater and looked like Carlton. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.