2011-2012 Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was offered an interview today for Temple's School Psych PhD program via email from graduate student for Feb 29th. :love:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey- if anyone else is attending the GSU interview on Tues/Wed and is flying instead of driving, please PM me! I'm going to take the train to campus (from the airport) and would like a buddy if anyone else is doing the same. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
rmills115, I got my invite from wright state already, but I was under the impression that they were still sending out invites.

Whoever posted about Southern Illinois child clinical program can you PM me your POI?

Has anybody heard anything from the phd school psych program at Maryland-College Park??

Hey- if anyone else is attending the GSU interview on Tues/Wed and is flying instead of driving, please PM me! I'm going to take the train to campus (from the airport) and would like a buddy if anyone else is doing the same. :)
Is this for their Clinical Psych PhD program? Would you mind PMing me your POI if possible?

Congrats on your interview and best of luck to you! :)

I received an email saying that they extended interview invites but that my application was still under review and that they may contact me in the future for interview. Slim chances :eek:

Has anybody heard anything from the phd school psych program at Maryland-College Park??

Has anyone been contacted by Florida International University for the following POIs:
Dr. Waschbusch?
Dr. Pelham?

I called earlier this week and was told I would hear back between Tuesday & Thursday. While it's only Friday, I'm sure most of you are familiar with this anxious feeling (increased heart rate at the sound of the phone ringing, obsessively checking email & forum, etc).

In addition to FIU, I am still waiting to hear back from U of Maine (Orono), U Cincinnati.

School name: PGSP-Stanford
Program type/track: Clinical PsyD
Date received: 2/16/12
How were you notified: Personal email from admissions committee member
Interview dates offered: custom

:luck:

Should I assume rejection? :confused:

The invite thread reports:

University of Houston - 2/3 mass email. Interview date 2/24

I have not had any communication other than the fact that my file was complete and ready for review.

It's ok if the answer is rejection; I am tired of limbo. :)

School name: Marywood University
Program type/track: Clinical PsyD
Date received: 2/17/12
How were you notified: Personal email from director
Interview dates offered: 3/12 or 3/16

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine was very casual, so don't fret too much! Just leave yourself sometime to prepare, and make sure you have some questions!

School name: University of Montana
Program type/track: Clinical PhD
Date received: 2/17/12
How were you notified: Call from POI after he did phone interviews this week to invite me for in-person interview
Interview dates offered: 3/9

I have not had any communication other than the fact that my file was complete and ready for review.

I didn't get an e-mail either, so it's a possibility that they might be looking into doing a second round of interviews, maybe. I guess we just need to wait and try not to pull our hair. It could be an informal rejection, but all we know is that to be sure we need to get the formal rejection from that school.

I saw a person post about UTEP, I contacted the secretary of the department and she was extremely nice with me and told me that they're still reviewing applications and to contact her next week to inquire more about it.

Has anyone been contacted by Florida International University for the following POIs:
Dr. Waschbusch?
Dr. Pelham?

I called earlier this week and was told I would hear back between Tuesday & Thursday. While it's only Friday, I'm sure most of you are familiar with this anxious feeling (increased heart rate at the sound of the phone ringing, obsessively checking email & forum, etc).

I nearly flipped at the Wells Fargo representative who called me today asking if I should buy their life insurance. This waiting game is a definite killer. :sleep:

Pace University
PsyD in School-Clinical Child Psychology
By phone on 2/17/12
Interview was offered for various time slots on and after 2/21/12
Not much of a turn around time!

Just had a phone interview this afternoon with my POI from Montana...

Got an invite for interview weekend at the end of the phone call!

March 9th weekend

Merging this with the interview invite thread.

Is anyone else who received an interview suddenly doubting their credentials? My interview is next weekend and I suddenly feel like they are crazy for inviting me to interview because I feel I have nothing special to offer.

Does anyone have any updates on DePaul, Georgia State, and University of Memphis regarding interviews? All of these are the Clinical Psych PhD programs. Thanks!

I just had an interview at U of Memphis on the 17th. The DCT said she was going to try to get the faculty together this Tuesday, but based on their availability it may be a little later than that. She said as soon as things were decided, the POI usually calls the selected applicant right away, with an official letter to follow. I was also told by the Chair that there are 5 guaranteed funded spots, with the possibility of 8.

Just saw an acceptance from LSU go up on the grad cafe... congrats! if you're on here, would you mind messaging me your POI? Thanks! And good luck :)

dcc777: It's just your nerves. I'm having similar doubts now even after the interview but it's just part of the game. Too much time in limbo!
They wouldn't invite you if you weren't a great candidate for their program! Best of luck with your interview.

I'm feeling the exact same way, and I'm super nervous. But I'm sure you'll be fine, if you weren't qualified you wouldn't have been offered an interview! Best of luck!!!!!!

Is anyone else who received an interview suddenly doubting their credentials? My interview is next weekend and I suddenly feel like they are crazy for inviting me to interview because I feel I have nothing special to offer.

Don't be nervous!!! And don't doubt yourself!!! You owe it to yourself to put your best foot forward - just think about all the hard work and sacrifice it took to even get an interview! It's so interesting that the "credentials" it takes to even be considered for an interview are enough to get accepted, many time over, to top notch schools in most other fields. Also, remember that credentials only really go so far (I know - *gasp*)...but it's true. There are other really important things that matter on interviews that don't go on your resume. For example, having a developed clinical eye/sense or have a clear sense of self or just being respectful/pleasant to be around (sometimes the extreme competitiveness makes us forget this). It doesn't matter what's on your resume or how high you GPA is - no one wants to work with people who are envious vipers or disingenuous...and even if there are professors/programs who don't care about those things...who wants to spend 5 years in a program with people like that anyways?!?!? Be true to yourself and BRING IT! If/when I get into a program, I wanna know that I'm there because I'm one of the best candidates to fill that spot, not because someone was too nervous to shine as brightly as they could!!! Good luck, and have faith!

Did anyone who got an interview invite to PGSP get this email

"Thank you for your application and interest to the PGSP-Stanford PsyD
Consortium Program. We are processing your application and will be
notifying applicants of their application status in a timely matter.."

prior to their invite or should I just regard this as an unofficial rejection? Got this 3 days ago after at least two people on here were contacted for interviews :(

I only received one interview and I don't know what my response should be if, during the interview, someone asks where else I've gotten an interview. I am 98% confident that this is the ONLY ONE.

I don't want to lie, but don't want to seem failure-ish/desperate

PLEASE help on this one, its the thing I'm stressing about most for the interview

If it helps reduce your stress, none of my interviewers ever asked where else I had received interviews. We only talked about my research interests, their current projects, and why I wanted to attend their program. Occasionally they would have set questions, "What would you do if clinical psychology didn't exist?" or "What's one thing you want me to remember about you?" We didn't even talk about other schools.

Also, they invited you because they think you're qualified! They obviously don't think you're a failure.

Did anyone who got an interview invite to PGSP get this email

"Thank you for your application and interest to the PGSP-Stanford PsyD
Consortium Program. We are processing your application and will be
notifying applicants of their application status in a timely matter.."

prior to their invite or should I just regard this as an unofficial rejection? Got this 3 days ago after at least two people on here were contacted for interviews :(

I received this email on 2/2/2012, no word yet here either though.

If it helps reduce your stress, none of my interviewers ever asked where else I had received interviews. We only talked about my research interests, their current projects, and why I wanted to attend their program. Occasionally they would have set questions, "What would you do if clinical psychology didn't exist?" or "What's one thing you want me to remember about you?" We didn't even talk about other schools.

Also, they invited you because they think you're qualified! They obviously don't think you're a failure.

Well said! And by the way, thank you again for keeping the list updated on the first page. We ALL appreciate it immensely :)
So what do you usually answer to "What's one thing you want me to remember about you?" ... I'm just curious :D

Hi! I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools and was wondering if anyone has received invitations/rejections from any of the following programs:

University of Massachusetts, Amherst (School Psychology PhD)
University of Maine (Clinical Psychology PhD)
Temple (School Psychology PhD)
Yeshiva (School-Clinical PsyD)

Thank you!

I only received one interview and I don't know what my response should be if, during the interview, someone asks where else I've gotten an interview. I am 98% confident that this is the ONLY ONE.

I don't want to lie, but don't want to seem failure-ish/desperate

PLEASE help on this one, its the thing I'm stressing about most for the interview

I agree with synergy... it hasn't come up for me at all. Try and keep the conversation focused on you and your experience--and have plenty of questions for them as well. Additionally, if it does come up, you don't have to lie, just say that this is your first interview, and that you are still waiting on a number of responses from programs--supplement this with something like, "But I'm very excited about this program/lab in particular as I feel like it has the best fit for this and this reason." (granted it does have a good fit).

Just saw that someone got accepted at WSU Counseling Psychology Program on TGC. Anyone else heard back from them? Also still waiting on CSU again counseling psychology, any word?

Does anyone have any updates on DePaul, Georgia State, and University of Memphis regarding interviews? All of these are the Clinical Psych PhD programs. Thanks!
Georgia State - called admissions 1.5 weeks ago and they said all interviews went out
DePaul - interviewed there this past Friday. There was an additional interview day today, and then they will make offers.

Any updates on the following:
VCU clinical - interviewed 2/3, no word
UVM clinical - interviewed 2/ 9 - no word

Georgia State - called admissions 1.5 weeks ago and they said all interviews went out
DePaul - interviewed there this past Friday. There was an additional interview day today, and then they will make offers.
thanks for letting me know. best of luck to you!

I am anxiously waiting to hear back from the Pace School-Clinical Psy.D. program. I know that one person posted that they received an interview invite on Friday. Has anyone else received an invite?

I'm still waiting to hear froom Maine, too. Hope that helps!

Hi! I'm still waiting to hear back from a few schools and was wondering if anyone has received invitations/rejections from any of the following programs:

University of Massachusetts, Amherst (School Psychology PhD)
University of Maine (Clinical Psychology PhD)
Temple (School Psychology PhD)
Yeshiva (School-Clinical PsyD)

Thank you!

Definitely. I have a huge interview weekend ahead and I'm aware *how many* people these two profs invited. a ton. I have a cold and feeling rather lousy. in other words, I'm on the same brainwave as you, dcc777. I dunno if I feel like they're crazy to have invited me, but I definitely feel like the odds are not in my favor. Oh well! at least well meet a lot of other friendly candidates!
maybe these decongestants will help brighten up my attitude :)

What do you mean by "no word"?
I'm interviewing at VCU this Friday for clinical track.
At VCU, interviews for counseling phd are also 2/24 and 2/27; I'm going on Monday.

Still haven't heard from UNM Clinical and UAB clinical, so I'm resting my hopes on VCU counseling.

I think I'm coming down with a small cold, too. It's that time of the season, I hope my POIs don't mind a few sniffles. Good luck to everyone, I know these next few weeks are big interview weeks!

At VCU, interviews for counseling phd are also 2/24 and 2/27; I'm going on Monday.

Still haven't heard from UNM Clinical and UAB clinical, so I'm resting my hopes on VCU counseling.

UNM's clinical interview is March 2nd. I don't know if they're done sending out invites, but I know they have sent a few out. Good luck!