2011-2012 Washington University in St. Louis Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Interview invite via status page. Cool!

Interview invite via status page. Cool!

LOL, Congrats! I think you start announcing IF you get rejections, we'll just assume you have the invites!

Also received an invite via the status page. Very excited to visit STL

Does anyone know when the interview day ends? I should be fine booking a 7:25PM flight, yes?

Does anyone know when the interview day ends? I should be fine booking a 7:25PM flight, yes?

You'll totally be fine. It takes maybe 30 minutes to get through security at the St. Louis airport. And I think at the latest, the interview day will be done at 3.

You'll totally be fine. It takes maybe 30 minutes to get through security at the St. Louis airport. And I think at the latest, the interview day will be done at 3.

Thanks so much!

Interview invite today via status page!!! I'm so freakin' excited about WashU!!!! It's tied for my top choice at this point. :D

Do they send another email about the interview telling us when we're invited or how to schedule?

There should be a "Visit Arrangements" link on the application menu directly under "Change My Password" where you'll be able to schedule!

Members don't see this ad :)
So for those who also applied to the MSTP program, how long before you got an email to "select your three keywords" and an answer on your application?

To those of you who have gotten interviews, congrats!

What were your completion dates? Thanks everyone!

I was complete on 7/8.

Also, WashU seems to treat its interviewees like gold, with the option of obtaining three free meals (pizza party, breakfast, interview lunch) and a free night of housing from them. I already feel the love emanating from this school. lol Even though I've yet to interview, I feel like I really want to go here.

Aw mann. I really wanted to interview here, but I leave the country on the 2nd, and they don't start interviewing until the 3rd. You all must type up your experiences so I can live vicariously through you.

I was complete on 7/8.

Also, WashU seems to treat its interviewees like gold, with the option of obtaining three free meals (pizza party, breakfast, interview lunch) and a free night of housing from them. I already feel the love emanating from this school. lol Even though I've yet to interview, I feel like I really want to go here.

:D Glad to hear you're feeling the love. And I will say this - WashU loves to keep it's students happy, so it's not just an interview day thing either.

Aw mann. I really wanted to interview here, but I leave the country on the 2nd, and they don't start interviewing until the 3rd. You all must type up your experiences so I can live vicariously through you.

How long are you going to be out of town? I'm sure you can ask them to push the interview to the spring if you need to.

How long are you going to be out of town? I'm sure you can ask them to push the interview to the spring if you need to.

I'm coming back for christmas on dec. 17th, then I'll be gone until May. i talked to the coordinator this morning, and it's not looking too good. Even if I manage to come back in Jan/Feb, and get in, I could really only attend if I happened to get one of the crazy full tuition scholarships, otherwise I don't think I can afford it. So my dreams of WashU are sailing off into the horizon...

i've been checking the status page everyday. sigh

Interview Invite today! I was complete 7/1. See some of you there on 10/6

Interview Invite via e-mail!!! For those waiting, it came to my spam folder, so keep an eye on that! For those who got invited, do you see any available dates? When I'm looking at the calendar, everything looks the same (no bold, no colors, just all gray), and when I click on dates, it tells me to pick an available one...

Interview Invite via e-mail!!! For those waiting, it came to my spam folder, so keep an eye on that! For those who got invited, do you see any available dates? When I'm looking at the calendar, everything looks the same (no bold, no colors, just all gray), and when I click on dates, it tells me to pick an available one...
Try looking in the next month, some dates might be open then

Interview invite today! I'm bursting. Unfortunately no open dates on the calendar. I'm going to call tomorrow.

Hi, congrats to everyone who got interviews!! :)
Quick question: do they conduct interviews on weekends? Thanks!

How long did it take for you guy's applications to be marked complete? I submitted 8/16 and they still haven't received my letters from AMCAS even though they're clearly there. Should I call?

I was complete on 7/8.

WashU really does love its students/have lots of $ :D <3

How long did it take for you guy's applications to be marked complete? I submitted 8/16 and they still haven't received my letters from AMCAS even though they're clearly there. Should I call?

I had the same problem. I emailed them and they responded that day saying that they would input my letters. My application was complete two days later. :)

A question for those who know about Olin, what are the rooms like? Do you share a bathroom with someone else? Are the showering facilities shared as well?

A question for those who know about Olin, what are the rooms like? Do you share a bathroom with someone else? Are the showering facilities shared as well?

Rooms are singles. Bed, small sink, desk and a small closet. Basically, a standard dorm room.
Common bathrooms (including showers)

Rooms are singles. Bed, small sink, desk and a small closet. Basically, a standard dorm room.
Common bathrooms (including showers)
This is exciting though! :)

Hey All,

I know some schools provide transport to/from the airport. Does WUMS provide any such shuttle service for interviewees?

Hey All,

I know some schools provide transport to/from the airport. Does WUMS provide any such shuttle service for interviewees?

No, but it's really easy to get from the airport to campus by the Metrolink, which costs $2-3 and puts you a flight of stairs away from our main building. You can also take a cab, which is $35ish I believe.

For all who have interviews- us first years are extremely excited for you to start visiting shortly :D prepare to be awesomefied!

hi guys! This is gonna sound a bit stupid, but how do you know if you got an interview via the status page? What will it say exactly? Will they email you in addition or is it all on the status page? Thanks!

Interview invite 9/26! I'm really excited!

Good luck to everyone! :luck:

I'm interviewing on Oct 17, taking the flight from Toronto on Oct 16 and back on Oct 17. Anybody want to travel with me? :laugh:

hi guys! This is gonna sound a bit stupid, but how do you know if you got an interview via the status page? What will it say exactly? Will they email you in addition or is it all on the status page? Thanks!

They sent me an email later the same day that my status changed.

Ya know, now that I think about it, I don't believe I did ever get emailed by them about my interview invite. I only knew because I compulsively checked the status page. But I believe you're supposed to get emailed as well.

Would it be too pushy to email about the status of my LOR after just over a week of submitting my secondary? It's only been 7 business days, but the site says it should only take ~3 business days.

Would it be too pushy to email about the status of my LOR after just over a week of submitting my secondary? It's only been 7 business days, but the site says it should only take ~3 business days.

Nah, they're VERY nice and understanding of our neurotic tendencies. I emailed them asking why my page said incomplete when there were check marks beside each of my required items. Peggy from admissions wrote back promptly to alleviate my fears, reminding me that it takes everything 3 days to reflect online and to email her if things didn't resolve in a few days.

If you're nervous that something may be wrong, just ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.