2012 - 2013 Official Psychology PhD/PsyD Interview Invite thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
School Name: University of Southern California
Degree: Clinical Science PhD
Date Invite Received: 1/4/2013
How Notified: Email from DCT
Interview Dates: 1/24 - 1/25

Members don't see this ad.

In case you are all like me and compulsively checking this thread now that it's January, I thought you could use some humor to temporarily distract you from the anxiety.

If you haven't seen this website, it's pretty funny (what we have to look forward to):
http://www.phdcomics.com/comics.php

:) Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Everybody remember to check your spam folders! I had an interview invite from Wisconsin- Milwaukee show up in my spam folder on 12/23!

School Name: University of Wisconsin- Milwaukee
Degree: Clinical Psych PhD
Date Invite Received: 12/23/2012
How Notified: Email from POI
Interview Dates: Feb 1

School Name: University of Central Florida
Degree: PhD
Type: Clinical
Date of Interview Invite Received: Jan. 4th
How were you notified: Phone Call from DCT
Date of Interview: Feb. 1st

Hi, I saw you posted on 12/21 saying you received an interview invite from USC on the 21st...is the one you received today a follow up. Can you clarify, please? Thanks.

School Name: University of Southern California
Degree: Clinical Science PhD
Date Invite Received: 1/4/2013
How Notified: Email from DCT
Interview Dates: 1/24 - 1/25

Hi, I saw you posted on 12/21 saying you received an interview invite from USC on the 21st...is the one you received today a follow up. Can you clarify, please? Thanks.

Sure - I apologize for the confusion. I had a phone interview on 12/21 and received an on-site interview invite today.

Oh, okay. Thanks and good luck.

School name: Penn State University
Degree: Clinical Psychology Phd
Date Interview Invite Received: Jan 4
How were you notified: Call from POI
Interview dates: Feb 1 or 2, with social events night before

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK and many interviews!!! :luck:

Try not to stress too much and take care of yourselves during the process. What will be will be.

:xf:

I saw that on gradcafe, someone posted they had an phone interview/invite for Northwestern Feinberg today? Has anyone received anything similar, or have received any interview invites?

Edit: nvm, I see that this is posted on page 1.
Good luck to the people who got the invite!

Last edited:
Just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK and many interviews!!! :luck:

Try not to stress too much and take care of yourselves during the process. What will be will be.

:xf:

Thank you - I know that I definitely would never have been in a position to receive interviews if it wasn't for the wonderful advice from you and so many others on this board. THANK YOU!

School Name: University of Maryland, College Park
Degree: Clinical Psychology PhD
Date Invite Received: 1/6 request for pre-interview
How Notified: Email from POI
Interview Dates: Onsite interview is 2/9

School Name: University of Utah
Date Invite Received: 1/5/2013
How Notified: Email from POI for a phone interview before an on-site interview invitation
Interview Dates: on-site interview would be 2/22

I saw on Gradcafe that someone got a pre-interview phone call with their POI from University of Houston. Did anyone else get this? Do you know if this is mandatory before receiving an actual interview invite?
Hi! I also applied to the PhD Program at UH and saw the same thing. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one concerned! Please let me know if you find out anything!

School name: Penn State University
Degree: Clinical Psychology Phd
Date Interview Invite Received: Jan 4
How were you notified: Call from POI
Interview dates: Feb 1 or 2, with social events night before

Do you know if this was for the child or adult track?

I saw that on gradcafe, someone posted they had an phone interview/invite for Northwestern Feinberg today? Has anyone received anything similar, or have received any interview invites?

Edit: nvm, I see that this is posted on page 1.
Good luck to the people who got the invite!
Agreed. Has anyone else heard from Feinberg? It looks like in previous years they've extended invites over a few days. Crossing my fingers still!

What were the details surrounding the U Vermont invite? Why are no dates listed?

What were the details surrounding the U Vermont invite? Why are no dates listed?

I always post all the information people send me via PM. In this case the person didn't share the interview date, so hopefully someone else will post it soon.

Agreed. Has anyone else heard from Feinberg? It looks like in previous years they've extended invites over a few days. Crossing my fingers still!

I also got an invite from them on 1/4. It seemed like they might have separate interview days for each research emphasis. I was invited for the Clinical Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience Emphasis on Feb 15th. Maybe other emphasis invites are going out later?

School Name: University of Georgia
Date Invite Received: 1/7
How Notified: Email from Administrative Associate
Interview Dates: Onsite interview is 1/25 with a social event the night before

I also got an invite from them on 1/4. It seemed like they might have separate interview days for each research emphasis. I was invited for the Clinical Neuropsychology and Behavioral Neuroscience Emphasis on Feb 15th. Maybe other emphasis invites are going out later?
Thanks for the info. I didn't apply to those emphases, so there's still hope!

I checked my online application earlier and it still said under review. Maybe the interview was for a different campus.

School Name: Purdue University
Degree: PhD
Type: Counseling
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/7/2012
How were you notified: phone call
Who notified you: DCT? Or POI? Too excited and didn't really listen to the name...
Interview Date: 2/1/2012

I see on Grad Cafe someone got an invite back on 12/13 from Yeshiva's PsyD, but it says School-Clinical. I applied to clinical. Anyone else hear from them?

:( I applied to the exact same concentrations and haven't heard anything back so I assume this a rejection. Nevertheless, congratulations on the interview, and best of luck to you!

Thanks for the info. I didn't apply to those emphases, so there's still hope!

I saw on gradcafe that someone received an invite yesterday for a different interview date. Not sure what emphasis that was for but I would still hold out for a couple more days!

Hello! Was wondering if anyone has heard from any of the CUNY's? Thanks, and good luck everyone!

Not yet! From previous years' threads, it seems they should be notifying this week or next week. Good luck to you as well!

YES!!!!!

School Name: Indiana University
Degree Type: PhD
Track: Counseling Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 1/8
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: program director
Interview Date: 2/15/2013 or 2/21/13 (in person)

–i needed this today! Wishing all the same level of excitement! One step closer! Cheers, and best of luck!

School Name: University of Louisville
Clinical Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/08
How were you notified: Email
Who notified you: DCT
Interview Date: 01/25 or 01/28
Additional Info: e.g., social event the night before

I saw on Grad cafe someone heard from U conn. Has anyone else heard from
their POI?

School Name: Washington University of St. Louis
Clinical Psychology
Date Interview Invite Received: 01/08