2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who has been at "your file is complete and will be reviewed" called the admissions office? I've had that status since early September...

Members don't see this ad.

Did you get an updated status telling you when they mailed you the letter? (i.e. Final decision reached and a letter has been sent) or does it just a final decision was reached and letter will be sent to your preferred address (in which case I get to wait around and wonder what day they have actually mailed it out). Thanks!!

I didn't received an update/email. For me it was 8 days from when I checked online and it said final decision was reached without specifically stating which date they mailed the package. Haha, I think you're going to have to just wait, but I wish you the best of luck! When did you interview?

Reactions: 1 user
I didn't received an update/email. For me it was 8 days from when I checked online and it said final decision was reached without specifically stating which date they mailed the package. Haha, I think you're going to have to just wait, but I wish you the best of luck! When did you interview?

Ya man I hear you...I think I'm just nervous since I have no idea when the mail will come from them and I have heard about people who wait over 3 weeks only to find out that the info was mailed to the wrong address. I interviewed wayyy back at the end of October so after 13-14 weeks i'm especially anxious/nervous/antsy lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I scheduled an interview online for 2/11 but I haven't received an official interview invite email. I just saw that my status changed a few days ago. Should I call just to confirm? I did receive a confirmation email once I scheduled the interview though.
Also does anyone have any hotel suggestions? I'm driving in from NY. Thank you in advance.

So I scheduled an interview online for 2/11 but I haven't received an official interview invite email. I just saw that my status changed a few days ago. Should I call just to confirm? I did receive a confirmation email once I scheduled the interview though.
Also does anyone have any hotel suggestions? I'm driving in from NY. Thank you in advance.

I wouldn't call to confirm, considering you already got an interview date confirmation e-mail. You'll probably get the official invite e-mail next week which will say "please set a date if you haven't already." Did you see the hotel list they provide? I stayed at Crown Plaza Main Line in the Center City area. About a 5-10 minute taxi ride away. It was really nice! Also had a bank, Target, Starbucks, and multiple restaurants nearby. Hope this helps and congrats!

I wouldn't call to confirm, considering you already got an interview date confirmation e-mail. You'll probably get the official invite e-mail next week which will say "please set a date if you haven't already." Did you see the hotel list they provide? I stayed at Crown Plaza Main Line in the Center City area. About a 5-10 minute taxi ride away. It was really nice! Also had a bank, Target, Starbucks, and multiple restaurants nearby. Hope this helps and congrats!

The hotel you mention is not in Center City - it's on City Line Avenue. Center City is a $25-30 taxi ride from campus, or a ~$6 train ride.

Congrats to the new acceptees, hang in there those waiting to hear, and don't give up if you haven't heard or are to be be rereviewed. In terms of updates I saw mentioned above, you could send directly to Dr. DePace or Kelli Kennedy, but I would recommend sending to any of the three addresses provided on the log in - like the medadmis one.

So i just read this thread to get a better understanding of these status changes and i'm still a little confused.

I interviewed the second week of jan and this past week my status is now "under review by a member of the admissions committee and will be sent to committee shortly"

is there another status change after this before i get to the Final decision one?

Yes. There's a "under review" ..."no decision has been made" status before the final decision.

Woot woot...still "no decision" after 14wks!!!! how long does it take to make a decision? geeshhhhhh

In an attempt to keep myself sane, I had not been checking my status very often but decided to today after receiving rejection, and found an interview invite! Since I never got an email notification either I have no idea how long that's been sitting there. I signed up for 2/11 as well! That'll be a time crunch to get ready... my first one!! How deeply I've learned the lesson of applying late.

Have no clue about flights/hotels/or anything yet so if anyone has advice on a practical route that's worked for them, I'm all ears. Coming from California btw, it's going to be a cold couple of days...

Reactions: 1 users
In an attempt to keep myself sane, I had not been checking my status very often but decided to today after receiving rejection, and found an interview invite! Since I never got an email notification either I have no idea how long that's been sitting there. I signed up for 2/11 as well! That'll be a time crunch to get ready... my first one!! How deeply I've learned the lesson of applying late.

Have no clue about flights/hotels/or anything yet so if anyone has advice on a practical route that's worked for them, I'm all ears. Coming from California btw, it's going to be a cold couple of days...

BTW 3.7/3.8 gpa, 33 mcat, complete early october, never had pre-interview hold to my knowledge (I didn't check status very often), and did not submit any updates (was about to).

Thank you for your application. Your file has been reviewed by a member of our Admissions Committee. While we have decided not invite you for an interview at this time, we would like to re-evaluate your application again in the spring should interview spots remain. We have many completed applications to review and wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle. Again, thank you for your interest in Drexel College of Medicine.
Same :( saw this message on my portal, I was complete mid October.

So for those of you who are already enrolled, how did the financial aid process go? Do you typically receive your aid package in March-ish (assuming you filled the FAFSA early)? I'm sort of new to the financial aid process since I didn't have to submit a FAFSA for undergrad.

Members don't see this ad :)
"A decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to a preferred address."

I'm assuming this is bad news (snail mail tends to be)

"A decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to a preferred address."

Is this pre or post-interview? Pre-interview means it's a rejection and post interview means it's a wait-list notification. Everything is sent out by snail-mail.

Sorry to hear that! GL!

Sorry to hear :/. Mind if I ask when you interviewed?

Well talk about depressing...Received a rejection letter yesterday afternoon and I am in total shock. When I finished my interview, the Dr told me I "did a terrific job and they thought I would be a great fit". This was wayy back in October, and now it took them 14 weeks to tell me I was rejected. I can't believe I didn't even make the waitlist if my interviewer felt I had done well on my interview. This whole process makes absolutely no sense to me, why did it take so long to reach a decision of rejection? And why did the interviewer tell me I did well, but then I get rejected?!? All hopes of getting into school are officially dashed. :-(

Well talk about depressing...Received a rejection letter yesterday afternoon and I am in total shock. When I finished my interview, the Dr told me I "did a terrific job and they thought I would be a great fit". This was wayy back in October, and now it took them 14 weeks to tell me I was rejected. I can't believe I didn't even make the waitlist if my interviewer felt I had done well on my interview. This whole process makes absolutely no sense to me, why did it take so long to reach a decision of rejection? And why did the interviewer tell me I did well, but then I get rejected?!? All hopes of getting into school are officially dashed. :-(

Ehh. This sucks to hear. It could be a combination of things... The interviewer was being generically nice... Maybe interviews count less in the 'score.' Who knows. Chin-up and move on.

GL

I dont think they were being generically nice...they brought up their opinion of my interview without my initiating it. As we wrapped up, the person said "you did a great job in the interview and I think you will be a great fit", so it seemed like a genuine comment. Plus, i did feel like our interview went really. We talked about everything in my app for about 45-55minutes.

Aw, I'm really sorry to hear that! I don't think it's fair for interviewers to provide commentary--positive or negative--because 1)it messes with your head either way, and 2) they might not be on the admissions committee; even then, they are just 1 member of the committee and their thoughts/decisions are not final. Why don't you try calling and discussing your application with the office of admissions? This is probably not what you want to hear right now but try, try again. I'm a re-applicant and I know how you're feeling all too well. Best of luck to you elsewhere this cycle and in the future!

Same :( saw this message on my portal, I was complete mid October.
I got the exact same thing some time ago. What really sucks is that I interviewed here last year and even got wait-listed. :(

I got the exact same thing some time ago. What really sucks is that I interviewed here last year and even got wait-listed. :(

Did u re-apply early? Did you do any thing to strengthen your app from the previous (like re-taking the MCAT or something)? I only ask becuz I am trying to figure out wat to do for next yr (like if I should even bother re-applying at all)

Aw, I'm really sorry to hear that! I don't think it's fair for interviewers to provide commentary--positive or negative--because 1)it messes with your head either way, and 2) they might not be on the admissions committee; even then, they are just 1 member of the committee and their thoughts/decisions are not final. Why don't you try calling and discussing your application with the office of admissions? This is probably not what you want to hear right now but try, try again. I'm a re-applicant and I know how you're feeling all too well. Best of luck to you elsewhere this cycle and in the future!

I sent them an email, because I figured they wouldn't talk to me right then and there on the phone. But I am not sure they will be too receptive to it.

I sent them an email, because I figured they wouldn't talk to me right then and there on the phone. But I am not sure they will be too receptive to it.

I think calling for feedback is better than emailing.

I did and the person who I spoke to said I could email the admissions staff. Maybe she thought I was rejected outright with out the interview...not really sure

I did and the person who I spoke to said I could email the admissions staff. Maybe she thought I was rejected outright with out the interview...not really sure
I would try again, honestly, and ask for the Director of Admissions.

The Director of Admissions, Kelli Kennedy, is in general willing to talk to applicants about the specific reasons why they did not get in and improvements they could make in their applications. Definitely worth it to give it a try.

Sorry for your bad news. Best of luck.

How long after the interview have people been getting admissions feedback? I know Drexel is swamped, so I'm guessing that anyone who interviewed in January probably wont hear anything until March at the earliest.

Just saw this on my Status page: "We wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle." Have other people also got such pre-interview holds? If so, did you happen to hear back after your hold status maybe for an interview? Thanks!

I just checked my status and saw that I was invited for an interview (no email though). I have interviewed at FIU and University of Vermont (no word yet), I also have a scheduled interview for Morehouse and now that I found out about this one I'm debating on whether or not to cancel the one at Morehouse...

I do not know much about Morehouse or Drexel, anyone care to share thoughts/opinions? I can't afford to go to both interviews and miss more days at work.

Do I have a shot at Drexel? 27 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, good ECs and a compelling story as an immigrant and someone who worked through college to pay the bills...

Please, I need HELP!

I just checked my status and saw that I was invited for an interview (no email though). I have interviewed at FIU and University of Vermont (no word yet), I also have a scheduled interview for Morehouse and now that I found out about this one I'm debating on whether or not to cancel the one at Morehouse...

I do not know much about Morehouse or Drexel, anyone care to share thoughts/opinions? I can't afford to go to both interviews and miss more days at work.

Do I have a shot at Drexel? 27 MCAT, 3.5 GPA, good ECs and a compelling story as an immigrant and someone who worked through college to pay the bills...

Please, I need HELP!
I interviewed at both of these places. It doesn't really matter what I/anyone else thinks. You have to research both schools and make a decision on which one appeals to you/your interests/your personality more. You have an equal shot of getting in at both places. Go ahead and schedule your Drexel interview, you can always cancel it later if necessary. GL!

I interviewed at both of these places. It doesn't really matter what I/anyone else thinks. You have to research both schools and make a decision on which one appeals to you/your interests/your personality more. You have an equal shot of getting in at both places. Go ahead and schedule your Drexel interview, you can always cancel it later if necessary. GL!

Thanks! I will do that...
Which one did you like better?

Please, I need HELP!

Oh man. If you don't have an acceptance yet, and you've only gone on two interviews, you really need to find a way to afford to go to both Morehouse and Drexel. You will HATE yourself if you turn one of them down and end up not getting any acceptances. Reapplying is much more expensive and will cause you to miss even more work. I'm telling you, move heaven and earth until you find some way to make it to both interviews!

Reactions: 9 users
Oh man. If you don't have an acceptance yet, and you've only gone on two interviews, you really need to find a way to afford to go to both Morehouse and Drexel. You will HATE yourself if you turn one of them down and end up not getting any acceptances. Reapplying is much more expensive and will cause you to miss even more work. I'm telling you, move heaven and earth until you find some way to make it to both interviews!

Forget what I just said. THIS.

Reactions: 2 users
Drexel takes updates? As in you can just send them an update via email?

I have been on pre interview hold since aug. I sent an update letter. But, no interview yet. Is it a rejection for me?

Yep. It'll get added to your application, and you'll be able to see when it was added when you sign into the app portal.

Yup! I emailed one to them about a month ago, and I could see its receipt in my Drexel portal a few days later.

I heard they are sending the dates for a second look weekend with acceptance confirmation (financial aid) package! Hope to see you there man!
Ooooh, I've been wondering about this! I wonder when those will be going out? Soon hopefully, as I'm assuming their second-look is going to be sometime in April?

Ooooh, I've been wondering about this! I wonder when those will be going out? Soon hopefully, as I'm assuming their second-look is going to be sometime in April?

Yeah, I emailed them and received a reply saying they will mail them out soon (wished they were more specific though). It seems like all schools have it around April, hope they do not overlap with other schools and that the accepted girls are as fly as the previous years' haha!

Please, I need HELP!

For your financial concerns, strongly consider the student host program at Drexel. That'll save you a ton on a hotel. Perhaps Morehouse has a similar program?

I agree with other posters that, if I were you, I would definitely do all that you can possibly do to afford both interviews. Check out your city's Craigslist short term jobs or gigs section. Look around for opportunities to be a research subject at a local university. Anything.

Yeah, I emailed them and received a reply saying they will mail them out soon (wished they were more specific though). It seems like all schools have it around April, hope they do not overlap with other schools and that the accepted girls are as fly as the previous years' haha!
I don't know about ya'll but I am really ridiculously good looking.

Also female...WINK

I am kidding. This entire post is a joke, nobody yell at me for this.

Reactions: 1 users
So I just checked the status on my portal and it says, "Thank you for applying to Drexel University. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address with status information." Is this the infamous pre-interview hold/rejection that everyone is talking about?

So I just checked the status on my portal and it says, "Thank you for applying to Drexel University. A letter will be mailed to your preferred address with status information." Is this the infamous pre-interview hold/rejection that everyone is talking about?
Yes, that means a pre-interview rejection. The 'hold' status reads something like "your application is on hold for re-review..."

Sorry to hear that! Best of luck to you elsewhere this cycle!

Yes, that means a pre-interview rejection. The 'hold' status reads something like "your application is on hold for re-review..."

Sorry to hear that! Best of luck to you elsewhere this cycle!

No problem, I got an interview invite somewhere else today so I'm not too bummed out.

Yep. It'll get added to your application, and you'll be able to see when it was added when you sign into the app portal.
Where in the portal do you see it? I never received confirmation from Drexel, and I don't see anything in the portal. I sent the update over 2 months ago, if that matters.