2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess I'm a little fuzzy, so does Drexel not pre-interview reject, they just pre-interview hold?

Members don't see this ad.

They do pre-interview reject, but it's rare. You'd get a notice about a letter being sent to you before any other status, if past posts are correct - though occasionally those letters are "we need more information" rather than a pre-interview rejection.

Reactions: 1 user
They do pre-interview reject, but it's rare. You'd get a notice about a letter being sent to you before any other status, if past posts are correct - though occasionally those letters are "we need more information" rather than a pre-interview rejection.
So a hold here is almost a rejection then?

Members don't see this ad :)
California resident here. I have an interview this Wednesday. Weather-wise what should I bring/prepare for? I have never been to the East Coast :(

California resident here. I have an interview this Wednesday. Weather-wise what should I bring/prepare for? I have never been to the East Coast :(

It's supposed to snow Wednesday, so bring a coat and preferably also a scarf and/or hat!

So is the interview as relaxed as they say it is? Or is it a hit or miss type of deal?

So is the interview as relaxed as they say it is? Or is it a hit or miss type of deal?

From chatting with folks after the interview, it sounds like the majority of the interviews were pretty relaxed with the exception of one or two outliers that had a rough time.

I know the general estimate for hearing back post interview is 6-8 weeks, but was curious if ppl who heard back recently had to wait the full 8 weeks or if your wait was closer to 6? Or less?

I know the general estimate for hearing back post interview is 6-8 weeks, but was curious if ppl who heard back recently had to wait the full 8 weeks or if your wait was closer to 6? Or less?
I interviewed early December and its about 11-12 weeks since and I'm still at interview scheduled in my status. I called them and they said its usually 6-8 weeks but theres been delays because of the holidays and the amount of snow days they have. Has anyone that interviewed in December heard back yet?

I interviewed early December and its about 11-12 weeks since and I'm still at interview scheduled in my status. I called them and they said its usually 6-8 weeks but theres been delays because of the holidays and the amount of snow days they have. Has anyone that interviewed in December heard back yet?

Oh jeez..........

I think it's more like 8-12 weeks, and sometimes even more time. Do yourself a favor and don't check the status or this thread frequently (or at all), it will help keep you distracted.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's more like 8-12 weeks, and sometimes even more time. Do yourself a favor and don't check the status or this thread frequently (or at all), it will help keep you distracted.

Lol it's not so much a mental thing, I just can't make any summer plans without a final decision... My boss is freaking out over the lack of a definite answer.

Just an FYI, as well.

As it gets closer to May, the adcom will send out emails of acceptance before you get the physical letter.

Just an FYI, as well.

As it gets closer to May, the adcom will send out emails of acceptance before you get the physical letter.

Ooh thanks for letting me know!! That's easier to swallow than to wait for snail mail...

Does anyone know if Drexel planned a second look day yet, and if so, when?

Still no facebook page for the class of 2018??? I would make it but I'm not certain that I will be matriculating here. Anyone want to volunteer to get the ball rolling with a FB page so we can start facebook stalking our future classmates? hahahah jk... but seriously, does anyone want to start one?

Anyone know if there are still any interview dates left or if Drexel is still giving out invites?

Still no facebook page for the class of 2018??? I would make it but I'm not certain that I will be matriculating here. Anyone want to volunteer to get the ball rolling with a FB page so we can start facebook stalking our future classmates? hahahah jk... but seriously, does anyone want to start one?

Broseph, let's make one! Uhm PM me cause you are required at least two people on fb to make a group!

Hey Accepted Class of 2018!! So the "official" class page has been created on Facebook! Feel free to add yourselves!

Search: "Drexel University College of Medicine Class of 2018" then just join the Dragons!!!!

Note: The page will look a lot better later when I have access to my laptop and I'll post a link to the page eventually!

Solid! Sorry man, I would have made it with you but I haven't checked SDN until now. Thanks for handling it!

Hey Accepted Class of 2018!! So the "official" class page has been created on Facebook! Feel free to add yourselves!

Search: "Drexel University College of Medicine Class of 2018" then just join the Dragons!!!!

Note: The page will look a lot better later when I have access to my laptop and I'll post a link to the page eventually!

Just to let you know, I tried to search for the group but I couldn't find it. I'll just wait for you to post a link.

Anyone else still have the dreaded pre-interview "wish to hold on a final decision on your application until later in the cycle" status?

I'm still stuck on "your file is complete and will be reviewed".

At this point, I don't know if it's a good or bad thing to still have this status (since we aren't officially on pre interview hold and haven't been rejected pre interview).

In any case, good luck to you!

So far I've received masters acceptances from barry, usf, pcom, mississippi college, drexel . If anyone has attended drexels masters program (Pathway to med school) What did you like about their program? Were there students who successfully matriculated into their COM. Some posters on SDN have had very negative comments toward the school's over all attitude toward helping their students succeed. Does this program offer automatic acceptances to their med school for their SMP students that perform well in their program like their website says 3.0 or better automatically in. Thanks for the help.

I just got an invite today completely out of the blue. When I first saw the e-mail, I assumed it was a rejection notice or end of interviews notice. No correspondence since October when I submitted. There are a few dates open in march still.

I just got an invite today completely out of the blue. When I first saw the e-mail, I assumed it was a rejection notice or end of interviews notice. No correspondence since October when I submitted. There are a few dates open in march still.

+1 on the ii! I've been complete since September and was at the "application is complete and will be reviewed" status.

Edit: also sent an update in January.

Last edited:
Congrats teebear and selket on the II!

Just checked my status again after checking this morning and I am now on pre-interview hold (aka silent rejection) :laugh:.

Good luck with your interviews!

+1 on the ii! I've been complete since September and was at the "application is complete and will be reviewed" status.

Edit: also sent an update in January.

Could you post the address or email address that you sent the update to? I have been trying to email updates but they have not responded to any questions or acknowledged that they received my updates.

Hey everyone, I've been placed on the waitlist :/....how is the waitlist movement here??? Does it move a lot? Do they take a lot of people from the waitlist???

Could you post the address or email address that you sent the update to? I have been trying to email updates but they have not responded to any questions or acknowledged that they received my updates.
I emailed [email protected] and cc'd [email protected]. Addressed it to AdCom, never received a confirmation email though.
I only e-mailed medadmis@drexel edu (2 times with different updates) and also never received any confirmation. Don't know if they were ever added to my file.

anyone know what the chances are at this point for getting off the pre-interview hold list?

I only e-mailed medadmis@drexel edu (2 times with different updates) and also never received any confirmation. Don't know if they were ever added to my file.

You won't get a confirmation from them. Check your application portal; if they have received your update, it will be posted there. Hope this helps :)

So far I've received masters acceptances from barry, usf, pcom, mississippi college, drexel . If anyone has attended drexels masters program (Pathway to med school) What did you like about their program? Were there students who successfully matriculated into their COM. Some posters on SDN have had very negative comments toward the school's over all attitude toward helping their students succeed. Does this program offer automatic acceptances to their med school for their SMP students that perform well in their program like their website says 3.0 or better automatically in. Thanks for the help.
I don't know anything about Drexel's program but I completed the MSMS at USF and I loved it. PM me if you want any details on that one! It's helped lead me to a very successful application cycle. Best of luck on your decision!

You won't get a confirmation from them. Check your application portal; if they have received your update, it will be posted there. Hope this helps :)
Didn't see any updates info on the application portal...

Didn't see any updates info on the application portal...
It's on the "Application Summary" page listed under "Requirements" at the very bottom of the portal...it's filed under "Supporting Materials" and includes a note (in my case, the title of my update e-mail) and the date it was received.

If it's not on your application portal then either they didn't receive it or they didn't get around to updating your application. Are you pre or post-interview? I think updates are probably most significant post-interview.

EDIT: JK, scrolled back a little. Congrats on your II! Hope you enjoy your day there!