2013-2014 Drexel University College of Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello everyone. I withdrew my acceptance today from Drexel. I hope one of you gets my spot. Good luck to you all!

Members don't see this ad.

FYI to those of you wondering, I looked over past threads and it looks like June is the earliest we can expect waitlist movement.

Just withdrew my spot here. Hope it goes to one of you guys on SDN!!! Best of luck to ya'll

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
To withdraw a spot do you just email medadmis? Or is there another form/ phone call that has to be done as well?

To withdraw a spot do you just email medadmis? Or is there another form/ phone call that has to be done as well?
I called the office of admissions and the woman I spoke to had me email her directly

Does anybody know of general numbers (based on previous years) of the total number of students on the waiting list and the number of students accepted off of the waiting list? Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
GAHH Application still with a committee member!!

NVM: just went to committee today lol

Last edited:
It's not the end! Is this your top choice?

Well I am down to two schools so I don't have much to pick from, but I didn't have a problem with it. I really liked my student interviewer a lot.

I just increased my MCAT score two points to a 32 how should I update them.

Well I am down to two schools so I don't have much to pick from, but I didn't have a problem with it. I really liked my student interviewer a lot.

I just increased my MCAT score two points to a 32 how should I update them.
Most definitely! If you improved a lot( >2pts) then it's worth it. How about any volunteer or other activities? It may strengthen your app. Make sure you check with the admin office to send it to the right person. Good luck!!

I withdrew my acceptance today, it was such a difficult decision and I wish the best of luck to the class of 2018! Drexel has so many opportunities and a great community. I'm OOS (I don't know if that helps for people on the WL).

I withdrew my acceptance today, it was such a difficult decision and I wish the best of luck to the class of 2018! Drexel has so many opportunities and a great community. I'm OOS (I don't know if that helps for people on the WL).

If you don't mind me asking what went into making your decision. Was it the overall feel, facilities, curriculum, rank?

Has anyone had any changes in their status, I'm still being reviewed by committee. I thought they had to fill the class by the 15th?

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone had any changes in their status, I'm still being reviewed by committee. I thought they had to fill the class by the 15th?
No change yet - based off of last year's thread, it seems as though people heard back regular decisions up until the end of may.

Just got the status change ..."A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address." Not feeling too hopeful :(

Just got the status change ..."A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address." Not feeling too hopeful :(
Why do you not feel hopeful? Were you originally on the waitlist or was this after your interview?

Why do you not feel hopeful? Were you originally on the waitlist or was this after your interview?
This is the first response following the interview - after constantly complaining that Drexel was taking too long to respond, my application wasn't with the committee for very long which makes me think its a rejection. lol
Also my interview was atrocious

EDIT: I just got an e-mail inviting me to apply to their post-bac program. Boo

Last edited:
Just got a final decision (5/22). Interviewed 2nd week of March.

Has anyone heard/been part of wait list movement? Trying to see if that process has started yet. Thanks!

Has anyone heard/been part of wait list movement? Trying to see if that process has started yet. Thanks!
Someone earlier mentioned that movement didn't start until June-ish last year, so basically we can hold off constantly checking our e-mails until next week :)

Someone earlier mentioned that movement didn't start until June-ish last year, so basically we can hold off constantly checking our e-mails until next week :)
Glorious...thank you! I've heard movement is happening at other schools so just wanted to double check.

So I talked to the admissions office today and they said waitlist movement has already started. Anyone get any updates?

I talked to someone in admissions today and they said movement would start next week…lol

Got "A decision has been made"--Waitlist -_- soooo the waiting shall begin. BTW I did interview on the very last day they were holding interviews so my guess would be that they have finished reviewing applications and waitlist movement should start to pick up very very soon, or so I hope :)

Also wondering if you are taken off the waitlist, would you see a change in your status online or would you just get a letter in the mail, or both?

Got "A decision has been made"--Waitlist -_- soooo the waiting shall begin. BTW I did interview on the very last day they were holding interviews so my guess would be that they have finished reviewing applications and waitlist movement should start to pick up very very soon, or so I hope :)

Also wondering if you are taken off the waitlist, would you see a change in your status online or would you just get a letter in the mail, or both?

I believe you get a status change online depending on how late in the summer it is. If it gets to late July I think they'll start calling/emailing versus sending out letters.

I believe you get a status change online depending on how late in the summer it is. If it gets to late July I think they'll start calling/emailing versus sending out letters.
HOPEFULLY it doesnt get that late, but who knows. I am sure there will be quite a bit of movement in the next few weeks to come regardless.

Anyone here been accepted off of the waitlist yet? Do we know how many people are on the waitlist? They don't tell us anything... :(

The admissions lady said that letters were mailed out this past Friday, and another batch is going out tomorrow. My status changed to final on May 22nd.

I just neurotically checked my status for the 10th time today and it changed from the waitlist status (thank you for remaining on the waitlist blah blah) to "A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address." Hoping this means what I think it means!! I will keep everyone updated.

I just neurotically checked my status for the 10th time today and it changed from the waitlist status (thank you for remaining on the waitlist blah blah) to "A final decision has been reached and a letter will be mailed to your preferred address." Hoping this means what I think it means!! I will keep everyone updated.
Did you initially get the status of "a decision has been made" and then it switched to thank you for remaining on the waitlist? just curious to how this works

Did you initially get the status of "a decision has been made" and then it switched to thank you for remaining on the waitlist? just curious to how this works

Yep! I interviewed in January, was waitlisted in April (with "a decision has been made" status), and then once they got my letter it switched to "thank you for remaining on the waitlist"

Yep! I interviewed in January, was waitlisted in April (with "a decision has been made" status), and then once they got my letter it switched to "thank you for remaining on the waitlist"
Awesome thanks, so did you send them a letter of intent or any updates in the meantime?>

Awesome thanks, so did you send them a letter of intent or any updates in the meantime?>

I sent in a letter in March (before they had made a decision), then one a week or two after I was waitlsited.

Omg I got the same a final decision has been reached status today. I just sent in a letter of intent on Friday. I doubt they updated my file with it that quickly. I'm so nervous I'm hoping for good news.

Around what time did you notice your status changed? I checked my status on Saturday and it still said thank you for remaining on the wait list or something. So I'm assuming mine was changed today as well.

It usually gets this late (we have had people accepted within days of orientation) - and I do believe they start calling if it gets close. That has been how they've done it in previous years IIRC.

Omg I got the same a final decision has been reached status today. I just sent in a letter of intent on Friday. I doubt they updated my file with it that quickly. I'm so nervous I'm hoping for good news.
Hope you guys get good news! Can you notify us if you received an acceptance after your status changed from "thanks for remaining on the waitlist" to "final decision has been reached"? Thanks!

Hope you guys get good news! Can you notify us if you received an acceptance after your status changed from "thanks for remaining on the waitlist" to "final decision has been reached"? Thanks!

Thanks! Yea I'll be sure to update the thread.

Around what time did you notice your status changed? I checked my status on Saturday and it still said thank you for remaining on the wait list or something. So I'm assuming mine was changed today as well.

I saw the status change around 3pm today. I had checked it earlier in the day and it was still at the waitlist status. I'll be sure to let everyone know when I get the letter!

have any accepted students received information yet about orientation and stuff?

have any accepted students received information yet about orientation and stuff?
Nadda. My acceptance letter said we should be getting prematriculation materials in June though. I can't imagine we'll be waiting long.

Status changed today from "thank you for confirming your intention to remain on the waitlist" to "a final decision has been made..." Hoping for some good news!

Reactions: 4 users
Nadda. My acceptance letter said we should be getting prematriculation materials in June though. I can't imagine we'll be waiting long.

ok thanks. also, do either of you know when orientation starts? i'm trying to plan out my move this weekend and forgot to call admissions today! i didn't see an academic calendar for this year online, but based on last year's i would assume we start monday august 4th?

Hi everyone! I'm happy to report that I received my official acceptance letter this morning after my final decision status on Monday!!

Reactions: 4 users
Hi everyone! I'm happy to report that I received my official acceptance letter this morning after my final decision status on Monday!!

Congrats! I also just received my acceptance in the mail today after final decision status last week!