2013-2014 George Washington University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Looks like they added several people to the facebook group. It's now sitting at 182. Not a good sign for the rest of us.

Members don't see this ad.

Looks like they added several people to the facebook group. It's now sitting at 182. Not a good sign for the rest of us.
you're right :( i don't understand if these ppl were accepted off the waitlist this week, and simply don't post on SDN, or if they were accepted a while back... either way, it's upsetting :/

Members don't see this ad :)
All quiet on this front...? Heard from the waitlist support thread that there was some movement here after that initial wave of acceptances on the 14th.

Reactions: 1 user
no news......I completely stopped sending in updates :(

I heard from a current student at GW that they are overenrolled for this coming year and that they are actually asking individual students to defer a year. Not sure if there is any truth to this or not.

I heard from a current student at GW that they are overenrolled for this coming year and that they are actually asking individual students to defer a year. Not sure if there is any truth to this or not.

Called the office of admissions. They didn't verify that they were over enrolled but they did confirm that the class is now full :(

Got a call from dean of admissions and was told that the chances of getting off the waitlist this year are very slim because they have over enrolled. Was asked if I was thinking of applying early decision next year.

So hard trying to hide the disappointment right now because I was so hopeful.....

Got a call from dean of admissions and was told that the chances of getting off the waitlist this year are very slim because they have over enrolled. Was asked if I was thinking of applying early decision next year.

So hard trying to hide the disappointment right now because I was so hopeful.....
thank you for letting us know! this is very disappointing :/

Reactions: 1 user
Anyone else get the you are "still under active consideration" email just now?

They also mentioned in the email it is unlikely they will have seats available as they approach orientation :(

Members don't see this ad :)
Any recent news?
There was at least one acceptance off the wait-list last week.

Also, don't be discouraged by the size of the FB group. There are Big Sibs, orientation planners, staff, and assorted others in there as well.

Reactions: 3 users
Hey I have some questions for anyone who was accepted:
Question for anyone who goes to George Washington or knows anyone who does:

could you tell me about some opportunities that you really enjoyed being a part of at George Washington medical school and would recommend to anyone who is going there? What opportunities at George Washington really influenced your perception of medicine and the medical speciality you're considering?

How close are the faculty to students? is it relatively easy to talk to faculty members and get involved with their research?

What are some research opportunities you have explored?

Could you tell me about the way the curriculum is structured at George Washington and how that affected your education?

Hi you guys - I'm applying to GW this cycle and have my interview next month. Would anyone mind sharing their interview experience? Thanks :)

Hi you guys - I'm applying to GW this cycle and have my interview next month. Would anyone mind sharing their interview experience? Thanks :)

Feel free to PM me if you have questions about interview day!

Any current MD students that would be willing to host me for a night?...DC hotels are priceyyyy :help: