2013-2014 Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Any calls today?

Members don't see this ad.

If I fight through this storm in a suit, think someone would interview me?

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I've seen people mentioning to cc Dr. Brooks on update letters but I haven't been able to find the address in the thread. Anyone have it?

Any recent II? I've been at "decision pending" since Aug-Sept.

Reactions: 3 users
Any recent II? I've been at "decision pending" since Aug-Sept.

Someone I know that applied said they do silent rejections. She saw the unchanging "Decision pending" and decided to call to ask. They sent her a rejection email shortly thereafter in response to her call.

Someone I know that applied said they do silent rejections. She saw the unchanging "Decision pending" and decided to call to ask. They sent her a rejection email shortly thereafter in response to her call.

This was not at Jefferson, but I sent in an update to another school where I was on-hold at and shortly after they sent me my rejection lol

I called, sent an update and am still pending a decision, so I'm not sure that's typical...

I called, sent an update and am still pending a decision, so I'm not sure that's typical...

To clarify, I didn't mean that they rejected my friend because she called. I mean to suggest that they might do silent rejections, and that it seems like my friend had already been rejected since they sent her a rejection email right after she called. Seems like the email was simply a courtesy.

I'm still "decision pending" and I haven't called.

Reactions: 1 user
Just curious...where does Jeff hold their White Coat Ceremony? Is it on campus or off campus?

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the call from Dr. Callahan two days ago - Accepted :) Very happy! Out of the schools I've been accepted to so far I think Jeff is my top choice. Good luck to everyone else!

Anyone have any insight on the second look days? I was thinking of going to the Thursday night reception, but not the Friday event. It's the last day of classes, and one of my professors is a huge stickler for attendance...

Reactions: 2 users
Got the call from Dr. Callahan two days ago - Accepted :) Very happy! Out of the schools I've been accepted to so far I think Jeff is my top choice. Good luck to everyone else!

Anyone have any insight on the second look days? I was thinking of going to the Thursday night reception, but not the Friday event. It's the last day of classes, and one of my professors is a huge stickler for attendance...
when did you interview?

when did you interview?

January 29th. Dr. Callahan did apologize for it "taking longer than expected." I didn't think it was long at all, a 2 week reply was awesome.

Reactions: 1 users

Congrats! As far as second look day goes, it's pretty flexible, and I honestly don't think anyone would care if you had to leave at any point during the day; I know of several people (including me) that did just this for work, class, personal things, etc. Most, if not all, of the stuff on second look day is re-hashed during orientation week.

There's also usually a kickass party thrown by one of the frats on the night in between.

January 29th. Dr. Callahan did apologize for it "taking longer than expected." I didn't think it was long at all, a 2 week reply was awesome.
Thanks! That's awesome news. Congrats!

Did anyone get a super short interview notice? Were you able to push it back a week? and do you think that would hurt your chances at Jefferson?

Anyone out there in SDN-land interviewing with me this Wednesday (2/19)?

Did anyone get a super short interview notice? Were you able to push it back a week? and do you think that would hurt your chances at Jefferson?
I was able to change my interview to a later date with no problem, I don't think it would hurt your chances. They also interview like 30 applicants per interview day so the chances of them having open spots in their schedule to accommodate you are probably pretty high

Well. Today marks 3 weeks since my interview. Fingers crossed for a response today!

Although people say that they call 2-3, they normally don't actually start calling until 2:30 based on this thread. Good luck!

Also. I waited 6 weeks to find back post-interview and was accepted, so don't call it ridiculous until it gets that late =P Jeff is still significantly faster in turnaround than most other schools!

Although people say that they call 2-3, they normally don't actually start calling until 2:30 based on this thread. Good luck!
Yeah but then cookie hour is 3-4. Are calls typically made after that? That's my real question.

I was put on the HPWL just now. I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Staying positive - it would be amazing to attend Jefferson!!

Not to make everyone feel worse but I got my call around 12:30 last week -- Keep your hopes up. I heard they're taking longer than usual. Maybe next week you guys will get your phone call early in the day!

No phone call today... but no email yet either! I suppose no news is still good news when it comes to Jeff. Really hoping for a response next week!

I was recently put on the high priority wait list and was wondering if anyone knows the chance of being offered a spot in the class from the HPWL.

it sounds like criminal background check. i am on hpwl and i didn't receive anything. have you?
I didn't receive anything specific to Jefferson. But I did get the criminal background check a while ago, and it said it was for anyone accepted or waitlisted to a school participating in the program.

How many interviewers have people had at Jefferson? And how long is the interview generally?

How many interviewers have people had at Jefferson? And how long is the interview generally?
1 student, 1 faculty. I wanna say about 30 minutes each? Feels like much shorter though.

wondering how much longer it will be 'no decision' on my application..... :unsure:

Rejected pre-interview, five days after I sent an update on a publication/LOI. Whomp.

Rejected pre-interview, five days after I sent an update on a publication/LOI. Whomp.
sorry to hear it. this is probably irrelevant since there is most likely no order to the review, but when were you complete?