2013-2014 Jefferson Medical College of Thomas Jefferson University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Gifts aren't necessary, in my opinion. Students volunteer to open up their homes and aren't really expecting anything; they just want to help. If anything, swing by Dunkin Donuts and bring them coffee/donuts.

Fab, thanks. You're always so helpful. Looking forward to seeing Jefferson next week!

Members don't see this ad.

I sent one (II at BU ... further but being from Seattle, thought it would be worth a shot).

They responded with an email with these two attached word docs.

I hope that's a good sign ...? :laugh:

Hmm... I just sent an in-area email yesterday and got a very short response saying that they would add the information to my file.
I wonder if I've been passed over for an interview? Or perhaps they have not started to review my application yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Jeff is easily one of my top choices, but I haven't heard anything from them since the 8/13 when my file was marked as complete. I imagine this is normal considering how little manpower they have over there?

Me too! I have been complete since 8/14. I'll wait :/

II visible on my login, but no email yet. It conflicts with another interview I have; wondering if it's bad form to contact them to reschedule before I get the email, or if I should wait...

Complete on 7/10 fwiw, those that have been waiting a while, there is still hope :)

II visible on my login, but no email yet. It conflicts with another interview I have; wondering if it's bad form to contact them to reschedule before I get the email, or if I should wait...

Complete on 7/10 fwiw, those that have been waiting a while, there is still hope :)

What days are interviews on right now?

ahhh thank you!! This makes me feel so much better - haven't heard anything since 8/7

Members don't see this ad :)
A little late to the game... but secondary submitted 19 September

OOS, 3.6/34

Jeff interview was absolutely amazing.. completely stress free.. definitely my number one.. awesome lunch btw

Just to confirm the interview status "Decision Pending" = complete , right?

I did not receive an official "complete" e-mail.

Yep! I've been sitting on "Decision Pending" Since Mid July.

Complete 9/17, interview invite today for MD/PhD!! Anyone else interviewing 11/19-11/20?

Hey guys,

Has anyone gotten at II without doing the optional essay?

I am going to be in the area mid october-late october. Should I send an "in the area" email? Or is it kind of too late now for mid-oct/late-oct interview dates?

I am going to be in the area mid october-late october. Should I send an "in the area" email? Or is it kind of too late now for mid-oct/late-oct interview dates?

FWIW I tried an in-area email for the end of October a couple of weeks ago without success.

Can anyone who has attended an interview here, or is part of the process at the school, comment on how early a flight is reasonable to book? The agenda has "wrap up" from 3-4pm, but am trying to decide if a 5:40pm flight out of PHL is too optimistic...

Can anyone who has attended an interview here, or is part of the process at the school, comment on how early a flight is reasonable to book? The agenda has "wrap up" from 3-4pm, but am trying to decide if a 5:40pm flight out of PHL is too optimistic...

"Wrap-up" is Cookie Hour, which starts at 3PM. It's basically a time for you to unwind and talk to current students who will undoubtedly be there by the trunk load for free coffee. I do not believe it is mandatory that you stay, but I would try to introduce yourself to Dr. Brooks and Dr. Callahan so they can put a face to a name. It may or may not come in handy when they're making decisions. Talking to the students is obviously also a plus.

It's definitely possible to stick around a little (ten-fifteen minutes) for Cookie Hour and be able to make a 5:40PM flight, in my opinion. You are not required to stay until four o'clock. If someone else has an opinion, please feel free to offer!

Thanks Doctor Strange. I do love me some cookies... :)

Thanks Doctor Strange. I do love me some cookies... :)

The cookies are actually fantastic. I think someone told me that they are made in-house. Also, as a side note, Jefferson will probably have the best lunch out of all your interviews. Enjoy it!

I'll be giving tours on some of the interview days, so maybe I'll see some of you around. :naughty:

Jefferson, you had me at fantastic cookies! :love: This place was already one of my favorites, now I really can't wait for my interview. End of October cannot come fast enough!

II invite last night! Scheduled for 11/6. 3.9/32 and I was complete around 7/23. Also, I have an 8 in my physical science section so I guess their sub 9 screen isn't a hard and fast rule. I am sooo excited for this one.

II invite last night! Scheduled for 11/6. 3.9/32 and I was complete around 7/23. Also, I have an 8 in my physical science section so I guess their sub 9 screen isn't a hard and fast rule. I am sooo excited for this one.

Congrats on the interview!

Not sure where you got the information that their screen is a sub 9. Their screen is sub 8 and it is definitely a hard and fast rule.

I had a quick question based on their screen for MCAT. Does anyone known how Jefferson deals with multiple MCATs? Do they average them, use the most recent, or superscore? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

I had a quick question based on their screen for MCAT. Does anyone known how Jefferson deals with multiple MCATs? Do they average them, use the most recent, or superscore? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Jefferson averages multiple MCAT scores.

I actually read it earlier on this forum! (Either this one or last year's). But I'm glad to see they were wrong! And thanks!

Excited to meet all the applicants tomorrow! Get a good night's rest. I'll be giving tours and will likely be around for cookie hour!

Why do I feel like cookie hour is like a term meaning something entirely different? lol :smuggrin:

Here's to hoping this school shows me love, I'd love to check out Philly. :luck:

Has anyone's status changed recently?

Has anyone's status changed recently?

nope :( hopefully it will soon. but considering that there are only 2 application reviewers, we probably still have to wait a long time

nope :( hopefully it will soon. but considering that there are only 2 application reviewers, we probably still have to wait a long time

No status change here.

Wow! 2?! Bad news bears... :thumbup:

Assuming I'm not rationalizing, I think I ended up applying to a lot of slow-movers this year. I would really appreciate some Jefferson love right now.

Whaaaat?! Stats?
Per previous posting by hugsnki33e3:

cGPA 3.38
sGPA 3.295
MCAT 31
Research, yes for 1.5 yrs now
pending publications: 3rd author in a review paper, 2nd author in a peer review (however, both are still in preparation and arent published yet)
volunteer, yes currently in hospital and in an aquarium
Shadowing, just shadowed my 2nd doctor, working on getting 7 more docs in before I apply
I have 1 more semester left to increase my GPA so prospective cGPA and sGPA are 3.4 and 3.3 respectively.
upwards trend: I had at least 1 C up until my junior yr when I started getting only As and Bs.
3 Leadership positions all in the same club (I've risen since my freshman yr), I TAed for a class and currently tutor kids
Background: URM

Well I submitted before 9/17, guess I should be expecting a rejection email soon =/

Update: I applied with a cGPA of 3.45 and sGPA of 3.3something..Still low stats but I aced my last semester (took 6 classes, 3 were sciences) so maybe that helped.

Per previous posting by hugsnki33e3:

cGPA 3.38
sGPA 3.295
MCAT 31
Research, yes for 1.5 yrs now
pending publications: 3rd author in a review paper, 2nd author in a peer review (however, both are still in preparation and arent published yet)
volunteer, yes currently in hospital and in an aquarium
Shadowing, just shadowed my 2nd doctor, working on getting 7 more docs in before I apply
I have 1 more semester left to increase my GPA so prospective cGPA and sGPA are 3.4 and 3.3 respectively.
upwards trend: I had at least 1 C up until my junior yr when I started getting only As and Bs.
3 Leadership positions all in the same club (I've risen since my freshman yr), I TAed for a class and currently tutor kids
Background: URM