2013-2014 Mercer University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats :)

but was it for regular admission?

I submitted my sec app 7/18 and file was completed 7/23. I have not heard anything back.

It was for EDP. I am sure you will hear something soon. Last year I submitted my secondary around the same time for regular admission and didn't get an interview until early November, was called for an invite Mid October. Going by that time line I think regular ii start after the EDP October 1st deadline.

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Members don't see this ad.

Getting antsy! Has anyone gotten an interview invite this week so far?

No interview invite here either but I spoke with two 2nd years and they said they could still send out invites

Members don't see this ad :)
So first day of interviews was today. It was very relaxed, no reason to be stressed at all. The itinerary found online is basically how the day was. They tell you who will interview you, two interviewers, one committee member that will be your advocate in the ADCOM meeting. We were told September 25 is the next ADCOM get together for the EDP applicants. Notices of acceptance will be given out afterwards up to October 1st.

Good Luck guys! I hope that it works out this year.

So first day of interviews was today. It was very relaxed, no reason to be stressed at all. The itinerary found online is basically how the day was. They tell you who will interview you, two interviewers, one committee member that will be your advocate in the ADCOM meeting. We were told September 25 is the next ADCOM get together for the EDP applicants. Notices of acceptance will be given out afterwards up to October 1st.

Thanks for the heads up glad to hear it was kinda laid back atmosphere! Good luck!

I hope this doesn't mean that all interview slots have been filled?

I really don't think they have been. Besides, the deadline for secondaries isn't until the 31st. Maybe they are waiting to send invites til they sift through all the applications at once.

I am not sure if all interview slots have been filled. If somebody gets an interview invite from EDP, Check to see how many available dates there are left up to the last week of September? Maybe that would be a good indicator of how many spots are left.

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview Sept 12 in Savannah! Available dates are Sept 3, 10, 12, 17, and 19 in both locations. Good luck, y'all

Hey guys maybe you guys can help me out,

I applied as what I thought was EDP to Mercer. Given that the secondary application deadline is tomorrow I was getting my ducks in a row and ensuring my premed committee would submit my letters in time.

To confirm this I called the Mercer admissions office who informed me that I am in fact a regular pool candidate and to not worry about deadlines?!

I'm wondering if I didn't click something in my AMCAS, as I had "Regular MD" program selected as there were no other options. My review of AMCAS FAQ instructed me to only apply to the school I had selected for their EDP program, and to have my application verified and submitted by Aug 1st, which I did.

So I e-mailed admissions and left a voicemail asking if I could be switched from regular to EDP as I have still met all the guidelines/deadlines.

My question is, where did I go wrong here? :eek:

If I remember correctly there was an EDP option when you choose the school.

That was what I figured the discrepancy was. However I remember specifically seeing only the Regular MD option and never being prompted to designate EDP. Oh well first cycle so I'll just chalk it up to rookie mistakes and shoot an app to MCG while I'm at it.

Do they have to have your residency form before you can submit the secondary? I'm trying to put my essays in there and upload my picture but it won't work. :confused:

Do they have to have your residency form before you can submit the secondary? I'm trying to put my essays in there and upload my picture but it won't work. :confused:

From my understanding, all components of the secondary (including the residency form and picture) must be submitted by August 31.

From my understanding, all components of the secondary (including the residency form and picture) must be submitted by August 31.

Isn't that for early decision? What about for regular decision people?

Isn't that for early decision? What about for regular decision people?

Oh yes!! Sorry I just assumed you were applying early. I'm pretty sure you can upload the picture before they receive the residency form. Might just be a glitch in your computer??

Try a different picture format. I think I saved mine as a tif and it was able to upload.

How are everyone's interviews going?

I interviewed on the Macon Campus September 29th. It was a very laid back, low threat environment. Several of the other folks there for interviews said they were asked ethical questions (like- In today's economy, many families need health care, but can't pay for it... how would you handle a situation where a patient could not afford care?). I didn't get one of those. Then we had a tour of the medical building and had lunch. Easy Peasy. Because I live about 20 miles from the Macon Campus, I haven't even tried to see anything about the Savannah Campus. Questions?

Were both of your interviewers open file? I had one "blind" interview last year.

Yes, they both have ACCESS to the folder, but I was told that it was at their discretion whether they read it or not. My non-committee interview had read mine for sure. She knew LOTS of the details in it, too. The committee interview guy had a general knowledge, but at least acted like he wasn't very familiar with some details.

So I recently started an internship at a local hospital and I must commend the recent grads/doctors Mercer has trained- not only with their intelligence and critical thinking skills but also a skill that can easily be lost or forgotten which is patient care and compassion.... Makes me all the more excited for my upcoming interview!!!!!!!! Woohoo!

My interview is this coming tuesday, september 9. Is anyone else interviewing on that day?

I am a reapplicant that was waitlisted last cycle. I interviewed in Macon then, but I am interviewing in Savannah Sept 17. Has anyone interviewed in Savannah yet? If so, how was it?

I am a reapplicant that was waitlisted last cycle. I interviewed in Macon then, but I am interviewing in Savannah Sept 17. Has anyone interviewed in Savannah yet? If so, how was it?

I interviewed in both places. Savannah last year (wait-listed), then Macon this year. I don't think there was much of a difference. Everyone was nice and easy going.

Interview invite today! 3.6 / 35. Got file complete email on August 12.

Very excited about this, will take me a couple days to pick my date as I'm coming from overseas, but hoping to interview in Savannah. Possibly Oct 29.

Last edited:
Interview invite today! 3.6 / 35. Got file complete email on August 12.

Very excited about this, will take me a couple days to pick my date as I'm coming from overseas, but hoping to interview in Savannah. Possibly Oct 29.

Congrats! Are you regular decision or ED?

Are you a GA resident? That would be tricky to get the residency docs from overseas...

Are you a GA resident? That would be tricky to get the residency docs from overseas...

Yes I'm a GA resident, something like 4th or 5th generation Georgian. Grew up and did undergrad in GA. I was home early in the summer for a wedding, and as I knew I was going to need these docs I got them all set up while I was home. Then just had my family mail them in when the time came. Also helps if you are from a small town where everyone knows you, including the probate judge!

It was for EDP. I am sure you will hear something soon. Last year I submitted my secondary around the same time for regular admission and didn't get an interview until early November, was called for an invite Mid October. Going by that time line I think regular ii start after the EDP October 1st deadline.

Good luck! Keeping my fingers crossed for ya!

Thank you GAMDhopeful!

I got ii yesterday 9/11/13 and schedule my interview for 10/24/13. I didn't Macon because all early dates were full.

Thank you GAMDhopeful!

I got ii yesterday 9/11/13 and schedule my interview for 10/24/13. I didn't Macon because all early dates were full.

AWESOME!!! Congrats! Go get some Leopold's ice cream for me!

Yes I'm a GA resident, something like 4th or 5th generation Georgian. Grew up and did undergrad in GA. I was home early in the summer for a wedding, and as I knew I was going to need these docs I got them all set up while I was home. Then just had my family mail them in when the time came. Also helps if you are from a small town where everyone knows you, including the probate judge!

Good planning, and good luck!

Is there a particular day of the week when they call to give interview invites?

I don't believe so, but for EDP we received the invite about a week or so after completion of the secondary. It may or may not be the same for regular pool.

Reactions: 1 user