2013-2014 Rosalind Franklin University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Accepted!!! Interviewed 10/23.

No more of this waiting game.

Members don't see this ad.

Interviewed 9/25, still no email...
No news is good news?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed 10/21, got put on hold. Anyone else not get small pooled before the interview?

i called and she said that they weren't able due to time finish processing the application. she said next twoo weeks..hopefully #cross fingers

I'm confused… they put you on hold because they couldn't finish reviewing your application?

I haven't gotten an email yet… so I'm just going to assume good news til I hear otherwise ;)

i called and she said that they weren't able due to time finish processing the application. she said next twoo weeks..hopefully #cross fingers

This makes no sense.. someone who interviewed last week got a decision, while others who interviewed in September still haven't been processed. Are they going in alphabetical order or something???
:mad:

Just got the email....accepted! First one of the cycle!

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted just now!

The e-mail says we have 2 weeks to complete the Declaration of Intent. This can be withdrawn up to May if we decide on another school?

Accepted just now!

The e-mail says we have 2 weeks to complete the Declaration of Intent. This can be withdrawn up to May if we decide on another school?

Yes I just submitted the Declaration of Intent. However I never had to make a payment. Does anyone know how we are supposed to pay the $100?

Post-interview hold. Congrats to those who got acceptances!

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to make the payment either. I did the declaration of intent though. I think I will give them a call tomorrow and ask, I'll let you all know!

Accepted! Interviewed 10/9/13. Good luck to everyone else still waiting!

Yeah, I couldn't figure out how to make the payment either. I did the declaration of intent though. I think I will give them a call tomorrow and ask, I'll let you all know!

Sounds good. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Accepted about an hour and a half ago! Interviewed on 10/11 :)

Reactions: 1 user

Last cycle the payment was via a check you have to send in the mail.

As for the "hold" it just means that either you weren't in the absolute top top tier of interviewees from the meeting, or they simply haven't gotten to you yet. Don't worry too much, I got put on hold last year and they let me know within a month or two I think what their decision was. To answer an earlier question, should you be placed on the waitlist as I was, they are very receptive to letters of interest/updates (I am proof of that). Good luck and congrats to those accepted.

Accepted as well! Congrats to everyone else!

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to all who have been accepted! As always, I just want to let you all know that I'm an M2, and if you have any questions about the school, feel free to PM. I'll try to answer them or direct you to the appropriate person.

To those on hold: We have waitlist movement at our school. Don't freak out. Just wait and see what happens.

To those who were rejected: I wish you the best of luck gaining an acceptance elsewhere.

Congrats to those accepted!!!
Has anyone filled out the declaration of intent form? if so, is the deposit refundable? I'm confused because if you hover your mouse over the option to accept admission on the intent from, a pop up (much like the vision pop up on the secondary) says the deposit is NON-refundable, but it says it is in bold at the top of the page...am I misinterpreting something?

Has anyone filled out the declaration of intent form? if so, is the deposit refundable? I'm confused because if you hover your mouse over the option to accept admission on the intent from, a pop up (much like the vision pop up on the secondary) says the deposit is NON-refundable, but it says it is in bold at the top of the page...am I misinterpreting something?

It is refundable until May 15 :)

I paid the deposit when I was accepted, and much later when I declined the offer my $100 was returned promptly.

No gimmicks or hidden fees here.

I saw that too! I think the bolded sentence that says the deposit is refundable is probably correct. Hopefully they just forgot to change that little message :) Congrats on the acceptance!

It is refundable until May 15 :)
I paid the deposit when I was accepted, and much later when I declined the offer my $100 was returned promptly.

No gimmicks or hidden fees here.
I saw that too! I think the bolded sentence that says the deposit is refundable is probably correct. Hopefully they just forgot to change that little message :) Congrats on the acceptance!

Thanks! Did anyone figure out how to pay it?

Yeah, I called admissions today. They said they made a mistake and didn't put the link to pay the deposit in the original email. When I called, they emailed me the link to pay it as soon as I got off the phone.

Any advice as to how I can increase my chances of getting an interview.

Complete 8/2
Small pool 10/8

Any advice as to how I can increase my chances of getting an interview.

Complete 8/2
Small pool 10/8

At this point, for this cycle, not a whole lot. You just have to wait and hope the adcom finds your essays compelling and your app well rounded and an indication that you would fit in well with the student body here. What you can do if you are looking way into the future (one or even a few cycles down the road) is to try and add some new experiences and elements to your application (starting ASAP). You know your app the best so try and hit those areas that you believe are your weakest points. As always, to you and anyone on here, I'm an M1 at CMS and would be more than happy to answer any PMs regarding the application process or the school in general.

Rejected pre-interview. No small-pool. As expected. Good luck everyone.
complete 9/25

Last edited:
Rejected pre-interview. No small-pool. As expected. Good luck everyone.
complete 9/25
3.7/37
Same here... they must have a lot of applicants or some special criteria they want their applicants to meet.

Same here... they must have a lot of applicants or some special criteria they want their applicants to meet.

We get around 10,000 applicants each year. It's the same story as every other med school: tons of qualified applicants, not enough spots for everyone.

Good luck on getting accepted somewhere this cycle!

sorry to hear about the rejections, when were the others who were rejected complete? best of luck for the rest of your cycle- ya'll have awesome stats!

Rejections coming via email?

Been complete since second week of Sept and still no word......wondering if I will not get small pooled. On a side note, where can you see the MDapps since the forum upgrade?

Been complete since second week of Sept and still no word......wondering if I will not get small pooled. On a side note, where can you see the MDapps since the forum upgrade?

No way to know when you'll hear, unfortunately. Things don't always move in a linear fashion in terms of small-pooling so you'll just have to be patient.

With regard to MDapps, the site still exists, and you can look at it directly: http://www.mdapplicants.com

No way to know when you'll hear, unfortunately. Things don't always move in a linear fashion in terms of small-pooling so you'll just have to be patient.

With regard to MDapps, the site still exists, and you can look at it directly: http://www.mdapplicants.com

I was more referring to the link you could click on below every user's username that takes you directly to their MDapps profile. Does that still exist?

As tantacles said, many applicants, limited spots. On top of that, especially because of the LCME probation they said they were going to be evaluating applicants for even more specific criteria going forward. The details of this, they did not explain. But they mentioned that one thing the school was told to improve upon is laying out specific characteristics that they look for in a student body, and being sure to stick to those criteria when selecting applicants for interview and admissions. Good luck to everyone.

Help me out guys - Is this a small-pool email?

----
Dear Applicant,

We are excited you chose to apply to the Chicago Medical School at Rosalind Franklin University of Medicine and Science. At this time, your application remains under consideration with the Admissions Committee. This means you are in the pool of applicants who may be invited to interview with The Chicago Medical School. However, this does not guarantee an invitation and you may be invited to interview or declined an interview at anytime during the admissions process. We thank you for your patience and understanding throughout this process. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment.

The Chicago Medical School is interviewing from September- April, with invitations being sent out via email. Please note additional information or letters of intent may not be submitted until an invitation to interview has been extented. Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Yes.